X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Henkeh91
    • Apr 2013

22 years old [NW 4-5a]

Hello!

I'm turning 22 this summer and first time I noticed my hair loss and started with minoxidil was the summer of 2010 (19 years old).

My hair on the top of my head is thin (like NW4-5a pattern). Is it to late to start with finasteride? I want to keep the hair I still got on my head.

I've been against finasteride for a long time because of the side effects but the depression of the hair loss have made me think of starting with finasteride.

I'm using minoxidil, ketokonazol and emuoil. What can I add to my program except finasteride?

*Edit* I'm thinking about an HT but I guess it's to early for that.
  • TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
    • Mar 2013

since you are at that level of hairloss, a solid treatment would be a transplant, start saving money, in the mean time try some ru with minox and keep the emu
    i hope i helped this baldness thing ruin us

Comment

• Henkeh91
      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
      since you are at that level of hairloss, a solid treatment would be a transplant, start saving money, in the mean time try some ru with minox and keep the emu
      i hope i helped this baldness thing ruin us
      Thanks for the answer, I will look that up!

Yea it sure does. I have been so depressed the last couple of weeks when I actually realized that I was going bald.

My dad went bald [nw5/6] in the age of 20 or so and I guess I'm following the same path as he did.

Hopefully is the future treatments not far away. I really hope so or else I don't know what to do.

Comment

• StuckInARut
        • Aug 2012

A transplant is fine if you have the money and donor hair but it also helps if you still have hair on your head. I'd suggest you seriously give Finasteride consideration because you want to prevent the loss of anymore hair before and after you have a transplant. There's always the option of accepting it and buzzing it if you just can't bring yourself to try Fin.

Comment

• ChrisM
          • Jun 2012

If you are at that level and I am as well.... after ten months of finasteride, Nizoral and ( now Regenepure), along with Minoxidil 5% I have not only retained my hair and stopped the shed and hair loss that would have been more progressive over time but I have seen the horseshoe pattern slowly reverse itself out as my crown and vertex are filling in with darkening hairs that are thicker growing back into terminal hairs and not the vellus miniaturized hairs that were there previously. I am sticking with it for over a year and if I don't see results I will move over to Avodart Dutasteride to step up the treatment. It is possible to see results for some people but it is going to take time and patience to see it through.

Comment

• Henkeh91
            • Apr 2013

Thanks for the answers guys! I'm going to meet a doctor on monday and hopefully get prescription on finasteride.

I haven't really talked with someone about my feelings and my hair loss earlier (neither with my parents) because I find it hard to talk about it. I guess it's time to talk out with my parents as soon they get home from their vacation (I won't bother them during their vacation).

Comment

• kayzee
              • Aug 2012

Can you get a prescription for fin where you live? Doctor's in the UK will not give it to patients it needs to be sourced from the internet. At least that's my experience, anyone else had any luck!?

Comment

• Henkeh91
                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by kayzee
                Can you get a prescription for fin where you live? Doctor's in the UK will not give it to patients it needs to be sourced from the internet. At least that's my experience, anyone else had any luck!?
                I talked with a doc at the local health centre earlier this week but she didn't want to give me an prescription. I'll be contacted by a doctor from the hospital that is specialized during the coming months and hopefully get some help.

God, I hope a cure will come out soon or this hair loss might be the end of my life (hate the feeling of depression).

Comment

• Bacon
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by kayzee
                  Boots Hair Retention Programme. More expensive than online but you get regular consultations with a pharmacist as part of the deal. May seem trivial but I've found it psychologically beneficial

Henkeh91

I know it's depressing to realise that you're losing your hair. However take comfort from the fact that the treatments available now (and hopefully those around the corner) mean that you have a much greater chance of maintaining and/or regrowing hair than your dad would have done at your age. There is hope!

Comment

• Henkeh91
                    • Apr 2013

I've been on my new regimen for about a month now.

- Minoxidil foam (swaped from liquid) [almost 3 years of usage]
                    - Propecia 0,5mg [1 month usage]
                    - Ketokonazol [1-2 years usage] + revita schampoo [1 month usage]
                    - Msm [1 month usage]
                    - Omega 3 [1 month usage]
                    - Vitamins (biotin, zink etc) [2 months usage]

My hair is worse than ever but I guess the shedding is a good thing although it feels like hell atm. What do you guys think about my regimen, shall I add or even remove something?

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                      • Mar 2013

your regime sounds nice if you dont get sides from propecia stay at it at least a year, it might help a lot and be happy with it

you could also add ru, check hellousers' guide

Comment

• Henkeh91
                        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                        your regime sounds nice if you dont get sides from propecia stay at it at least a year, it might help a lot and be happy with it

you could also add ru, check hellousers' guide
                        Thanks for the tip mate! I'm starting at 0,5mg once a day and will increase the dosage little by little and hopefully won't the sides hit me (my theory, lol).

I guess I'll give my current regimen atleast a year (or less depending on the effect). Yea.. I saw the great guide from Hellousers but I neither have the time nor the money to start with RU.

Comment

• Henkeh91
                          • Apr 2013

I'm like a walking wreck emotionally right now. This whole balding thing have made me very paranoid and I can't handle to lose anymore hair.

What do you guys think, shall I increase the dosage to 1mg of fin or even swap to dutasteride?

I'm somewhere between NW4 and NW5 on the norwood scale.

To make things even worse, my scalp is itching and white flakes occurs in the hair. This have been going on since late mars/early april. Do someone have the same problem?

Comment

Working...