+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TE or MPB?

Thumbs up TE or MPB?

Hi guys,

So 3 months before my hairloss I started a steroid cycle (please don't bash me over this, I regret it more than you can ever imagine), this is what I believe to be my trigger event for my TE. My shedding started on the 15th of February 2013, I'd already stopped steroids by then, and my steroid cycle started on November 21st 2012.

Since then my hair has been falling out like mad, I went from one day never thinking about hairloss to the next absolutely obsessing over it, it just started, it wasn't a gradual thing. Since then, which was only 50 days ago, my hair has lost about 40% of its density I'd say, I mean is this even possible with MPB? I thought MPB was meant to be a slow and steady progression? Also, I used to religiously look at every hair that fell out and check for miniaturisation, not once have I seen this, they are all thick looking hairs and I rarely lose any short hairs either. Also, I'm pretty sure I've been losing eyebrow and eyelash hairs as well, I feel them drop onto my face every day and I can pluck then out easily. All of this makes me think its TE.

However, what confuses me and makes me think it could be MPB is that the temples are what have been hit the hardest, they thinning out significantly since this started. I have read that TE can do this as temples have less hair to begin with but I'm unsure.

A quick family history,

Dad: NW 2.5/V - Hairloss didn't start until early fifties.

Grandad on mum's side: NW3/V, had thick hair up until his 70's, I don't think his hairloss is even due MPB, more likely old age.

Grandad on day's side: Apparently he had a thick head of hair when he died in his late 60's.

No other blood relative males have bad hairloss either and no females have any form of hairloss in my family, although my mum did suffer from TE as well which she recovered from.

Really sorry for the long post, any opinions on this would be really appreciated.

Cheers

Also, I'd like to say that out of sheer desperation, before I even knew about TE and just instantly assumed this was MPB, I bought some nizoral and propecia, I've been on propecia 3 weeks and nizoral 1 week.

Any opinions?