+ Reply to Thread

Default Officially starting a "Hair Loss Sufferers Anonymous Meeting"

There will be a "Hair Loss Sufferers Anonymous" Meeting, where all Male/Female hair loss sufferers will be welcomed with open arms, to discuss hairloss, and help support each other.

I have never shared my name, but it is Nikolai, and I live close to Arlington, Virginia.

I am going to find a place to host this meeting; perhaps a church basement, or a hotel room, or a conference room somewhere.

IT IS HIGH TIME THAT WE HAIR LOSS SUFFERERS UNITE TOGETHER TO SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER.

*****Stay tuned, as I will announce the LOCATION/TIME DETAILS of the official meeting, which I hope will start recurring on a weekly basis.***********************

If alcoholics and other sufferers can unite to help each other IN PERSON, so can Hair loss Sufferers.

LONG LIVE SPENCER KOBREN, THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, AND KING OF THE HAIR LOSS SUPPORT COMMUNITY....

How bad would the baldest guy there feel? Met up with a bunch of bald guys, and he's still the baldest. That would make him feel bad. Most importantly, what if the baldest guy there is me? That would destroy me.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    There will be a "Hair Loss Sufferers Anonymous" Meeting, where all Male/Female hair loss sufferers will be welcomed with open arms, to discuss hairloss, and help support each other.

I have never shared my name, but it is Nikolai, and I live close to Arlington, Virginia.

I am going to find a place to host this meeting; perhaps a church basement, or a hotel room, or a conference room somewhere.

IT IS HIGH TIME THAT WE HAIR LOSS SUFFERERS UNITE TOGETHER TO SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER.

*****Stay tuned, as I will announce the LOCATION/TIME DETAILS of the official meeting, which I hope will start recurring on a weekly basis.***********************

If alcoholics and other sufferers can unite to help each other IN PERSON, so can Hair loss Sufferers.

LONG LIVE SPENCER KOBREN, THE LEADER OF THE FREE WORLD, AND KING OF THE HAIR LOSS SUPPORT COMMUNITY....
    Great idea!

LONG LIVE SPENCER KOBREN INDEED! The man who started it all! He's a legend and I'm so grateful to him!

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    How bad would the baldest guy there feel? Met up with a bunch of bald guys, and he's still the baldest. That would make him feel bad.
    I don't know why but this comment seriously made me laugh....

It made me laugh when I typed it as well. Seriously, can you imagine?

Default Spencer

Spencer is a legend indeed, he has influenced this movement and one day, when we all walk around in full heads of hair, we will speak tales of Spencer and thank him for where we are today.

Someone in his 40s with a full head of hair should come to the meeting to piss everyone else off :P

Default Spencer Kobren changed everything for us!

Spencer Kobren completely changed the course of my life and I've said this before, I owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude.

I sound like Joe for Staten Island now, but I really love the man for doing what he has done for me and all of us. He deserves so much credit.

I remember hearing Spencer talk about FUE in the late 90's when I lived in New York, and that he intended to make sure that every doctor around the world would be offering this new hair transplant method (FUE ). Since Dr. Bernstein was my doctor at the time, I asked him what he thought about what Spencer was saying on the radio and he said something like, Spencer might be overly optimistic and that the technique could not possibly work and that hair transplant surgery has reached its logical end point or something like that. He's obviously changed his mind since that conversation.

The first doctor that I heard say on the show that Spencer was right was Dr. Bauman I think, and I remember thinking to myself that Kobren single handedly changed the course of history by doing a hair show, which sent chills up my spine when I thought about it.LOL

I don't think he even understands how many other men like me are out there who have been so positively impacted by his radio show.

If it were not for Spencer , there would be no FUE in America and Europe, and non of the the innovations that are being tried by doctors today like using smaller punches to make FUE more scarless and donor hair regeneration would have ever been attempted if he did not get doctors to see the light with FUE. He should upload his old shows so people could hear the history of all of this. I've watched how things unfolded all of these years and it's fascinating and incredibly inspiring.

He really is a legend and will surely go down in history as the one person who forced the hair transplant industry to change and to eventually build a better mousetrap. It really is amazing if you think about it.

Much respect Spencer. Thank you again for EVERYTHING!

Chris

PS, I think the idea of going to a weekly HLSA meeting would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Spencer Kobren completely changed the course of my life and I've said this before, I owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude.

I sound like Joe for Staten Island now, but I really love the man for doing what he has done for me and all of us. He deserves so much credit.

I remember hearing Spencer talk about FUE in the late 90's when I lived in New York, and that he intended to make sure that every doctor around the world would be offering this new hair transplant method (FUE ). Since Dr. Bernstein was my doctor at the time, I asked him what he thought about what Spencer was saying on the radio and he said something like, Spencer might be overly optimistic and that the technique could not possibly work and that hair transplant surgery has reached its logical end point or something like that. He's obviously changed his mind since that conversation.

The first doctor that I heard say on the show that Spencer was right was Dr. Bauman I think, and I remember thinking to myself that Kobren single handedly changed the course of history by doing a hair show, which sent chills up my spine when I thought about it.LOL

I don't think he even understands how many other men like me are out there who have been so positively impacted by his radio show.

If it were not for Spencer , there would be no FUE in America and Europe, and non of the the innovations that are being tried by doctors today like using smaller punches to make FUE more scarless and donor hair regeneration would have ever been attempted if he did not get doctors to see the light with FUE. He should upload his old shows so people could hear the history of all of this. I've watched how things unfolded all of these years and it's fascinating and incredibly inspiring.

He really is a legend and will surely go down in history as the one person who forced the hair transplant industry to change and to eventually build a better mousetrap. It really is amazing if you think about it.

Much respect Spencer. Thank you again for EVERYTHING!

Chris

PS, I think the idea of going to a weekly HLSA meeting would be great
    Amen brother!

A hair loss anonymous (as if it's something not glaringly apparent) in a church basement seems a little over the top.

Though to piggy back off other posters, I really appreciate this forum and the opportunity it provides for dudes to vent and learn about treatments. At least in my social circle, it's pretty faux pas to talk about your worries and concerns, especially if they pertain to your physical appearance. It sucks, but it is what it is, I guess.