+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

You dont look that bad, Umar works on cases much worse than yourself

but no matter what you decide to do rmbr- small test/procedure first if you go for BHT

[QUOTE=didi;115224]Bisanga is good doc he rejected me too, but he was the only one who rejected me..mens he cares and i rather be rejected then promissed something that cant be achieved"
    Umar and Woods oversell bht, they often treat it like first resort not last..
    IMO BHT shd always be mixed with scalp hair and used as a filler, not always practised by these guys and using only chest hair should be illegal[
    /QUOTE]"

Atticus:

The proof is in the results. Here are some youtube videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=YePiyYvKggo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=IYDYHEVdmzY

On top off solid publications:

1. http://journals.lww.com/annalsplasti...dequate.6.aspx

2. http://archderm.ama-assn.org/cgi/con...ract/148/2/239

3. http://www.jprasurg.com/article/S174...230-6/abstract

In the realm of BHT, it is not fair to compare bisanga with Umar, as Dr Umar is light years ahead of Dr Bisanga. There is simply no basis for you comparison here. It is an apples to oranges analogy pure and simple.

Do yourself a favor and meet with at least a few patients who are in a similar situation who had surgery by Umar before even considering him. Attiicus seems to have an unusual bias, check out his posting history.Honestly if Bisanga turned you away, you should listen. He's a great, ethical doctor. He can just as easily take your money, but he turned you away. That says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    Do yourself a favor and meet with at least a few patients who are in a similar situation who had surgery by Umar before even considering him. Attiicus seems to have an unusual bias, check out his posting history.Honestly if Bisanga turned you away, you should listen. He's a great, ethical doctor. He can just as easily take your money, but he turned you away. That says a lot.

Yawn...

Dr Umar turns away tons of patients as well. I have seen at least 3-4 threads started by bitter patients on various forums bashing him for turning them down. I can easily post links to the threads on this forum if it would not violate rules. Many HT doctors refer patients to Dr Umar when it comes to BHT. He is clearly the leader in that field. Dr Umar shows more videos (not staged photos) of more BHT cases than any other Dr on the planet. Yes see his patients in person,..but the same should apply to any other Dr you are considering for any type of HT. These are red herring statements. I have had 2 surgeries with Dr umar, including leg hair Ht and i know the man to be as ethical as they come. No hint of bs. He tells it as it is.

Atticus

Atticus,

I am not a huge advocate of BHT especially regarding large sessions and this is because of the lack of cases for review and overall consistency of results.

That being said, I want to commend you on doing extensive research especially when you limited donor options. It's not like you are jumping into this blindly. But still, I am an advocate in doing intial test sessions with BH especially if there will be different donor areas. Dr. Umar has alot of confidence with BH and that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. Just a little too aggressive for me. But that's my opinion for whatever its worth.

I do agree that Dr. Umar undoubtedly has done more BH than any other doctor that I am aware of, and I also consider him an authority on the use of BH. IMHO, he is far more experienced and skilled at BH than Dr. Bisanga and that is to no discredit to Dr. Bisanga. I think probably that Dr. Bisanga felt that he could not meet the goals and expectations that you are seeking and also that he felt turning you away was in your best interest.

Regardless, it sounds like you have made your decision so I wish you the very best in results my friend and hope it makes a huge difference in your life.

Keep us posted on your progress.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Thanks Gillenator.

Your reponse is calm, collected and intelligent. I appreciate you being a scholar and a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Atticus,

I am not a huge advocate of BHT especially regarding large sessions and this is because of the lack of cases for review and overall consistency of results.

That being said, I want to commend you on doing extensive research especially when you limited donor options. It's not like you are jumping into this blindly. But still, I am an advocate in doing intial test sessions with BH especially if there will be different donor areas. Dr. Umar has alot of confidence with BH and that in itself is not necessarily a bad thing. Just a little too aggressive for me. But that's my opinion for whatever its worth.

I do agree that Dr. Umar undoubtedly has done more BH than any other doctor that I am aware of, and I also consider him an authority on the use of BH. IMHO, he is far more experienced and skilled at BH than Dr. Bisanga and that is to no discredit to Dr. Bisanga. I think probably that Dr. Bisanga felt that he could not meet the goals and expectations that you are seeking and also that he felt turning you away was in your best interest.

Regardless, it sounds like you have made your decision so I wish you the very best in results my friend and hope it makes a huge difference in your life.

Keep us posted on your progress.

I have alot of respect for Dr. Bisanga, and if he turned you away, he felt that it was in YOUR best interest not to do a HT for you. That means I have even more respect for him after hearing this. How many doctors even consider whether or not the patient will be completely satisfied before they ask for a wire transfer and have you talk to scheduling to set a date for surgery?

That said, as a patient of Dr. Umar, I know there is little that he cannot do.

When you are in the trenches, working on the absolutely most horrible disfigurements that this industry has produced over the last three decades, and making people whole again, after a while you do begin to believe there is little that he cannot do. And from what I've seen, there isn't.

I'm admittedly biased. So review and research. Visit other forums, find threads by other patients, look at pictures and videos, and you will see what I mean. There is nothing particularly challenging I see about your case that should make you apprehensive, but unless you feel completely confident, you probably should not go thru with any surgery. It may just be you need to do more research. Good luck.