Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamesparker
    • Dec 2012

Receding Hairline Advice?

Im 22 Im becoming paranoid about my Hairline. Im not sure what to do. Im currently taking Minodoxil 5% as of November. It seems to be working a bit. No major changes but it seems to not have go any worse. I want to go see a doctor about this and maybe get on a sort of medication. I hide my hairline well with my haircut. But I run track and still get embarrassed when it blows my hair in the wind and people can see my hairline :/ Some girls have even made comments about my Hairline I just want to stop it from receding any further. Please help and give me your feedback. Thanks.
    Attached Files
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Unfortunately there isn't a definite answer on how to bring back your receding hairline or stop it from receding. You can get a hair transplant, get on finasteride and use Rogaine. But fin+Rogaine isn't even a sure thing, an HT is. You could try fin+Rogaine and see what happens. People who catch their hair loss early and use finasteride seem to get the best results.

Comment

• Aames
      Inactive
      • Nov 2012

Yeah, do your research first and make sure this is something you want to do. Then, get on fin/minox/nizoral as soon as possible and hope for the best.

Comment

• BigThinker
        • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Aames
        Yeah, do your research first and make sure this is something you want to do. Then, get on fin/minox/nizoral as soon as possible and hope for the best.
        +1 to this. Take some time read the literature/empirical evidence on finasteride, to be sure it's something you're interested in. Do not go to propeciahelp or other fear-mongering sites for your information; You'll receive skewed/biased perception of the drug. But, you should be self-informed on the topic in preparation for meeting with a physician.

Again, if you're wanting to go the preventative treatment route, the earlier you start the better, obviously.

Your hair is way too early along to be even thinking about hair transplants.

Comment

• baldozer
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by jamesparker
          Im 22 Im becoming paranoid about my Hairline. Im not sure what to do. Im currently taking Minodoxil 5% as of November. It seems to be working a bit. No major changes but it seems to not have go any worse. I want to go see a doctor about this and maybe get on a sort of medication. I hide my hairline well with my haircut. But I run track and still get embarrassed when it blows my hair in the wind and people can see my hairline :/ Some girls have even made comments about my Hairline I just want to stop it from receding any further. Please help and give me your feedback. Thanks.
          You have a face that would look good even with a bald head, so don't worry too much.

Comment

Working...