+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Are you just talking about height? Because you're not done growing until your 20s.
    My doctor told me 4 years ago that my growth plates were almost closed which means you are done growing. Im 6-2 though so that was never an issue

Quote Originally Posted by ulanude View Post
    stay away from finasteride. i took it for years and sides/health risks just not worth it. stick to minoxidil (rogaine) and something natural for complementation
    thankyou atleast SOMEBODY understands the risk. ! I just made a post on here talking about that...look it up

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkieth16 View Post
    thankyou atleast SOMEBODY understands the risk. ! I just made a post on here talking about that...look it up
    I think every guy who has read studies on this drug understands the risk. It is not a new or mysterious med....a small % of people get sides, a fraction of that small % will have noticeable sides that persist long after quitting the drug (yes this has come up in at least 1 study). Almost everybody slows, stops or reverses MPB on it.

Every person has to decide for himself if the risk is worth it. For me it was an obvious choice as I consider baldness the equivalent of ED, gyno, depression, etc combined

Quote Originally Posted by ulanude View Post
    stay away from finasteride. i took it for years and sides/health risks just not worth it. stick to minoxidil (rogaine) and something natural for complementation
    So you are one of the 4% who had notice able side effects. Why would you stay on it? Stubborn?

For the rest of us, fin is great. The are no major side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenkieth16 View Post
    We all understand the risks. Most of us are not dumb enough to have major side effects and STILL take the medication for years.

The 4% who have notice able side effects need to go to the doctor and then make a decision to discontinue and or try alternate therapy.

The other 96% of us are fine, so I would go with what we have to say about it not the small minority who had problems.

I am sure you can use your common sense to discontinue ANY medication if it gives you noticeable side effects.