+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finasterside at 17

Hey guys just thought I'd finally share my story. During this past football season I started to lose a bunch of hairs stricktly from the crown and it initially got me scared as all hell. I quickly saw my family doctor who of course just ran some blood tests and said you seem fine stop stressing about it. I got that Nioxin shampoo and the funny thing is my hair stopped falling out for a month or so and I completely ignored the fact that I could potentially be going bald, especially since my dad has a full head of hair and only one of my uncle's is bald. I stopped that shampoo as soon as my hair stopped falling, but within a couple of weeks it felt like my hairs were jumping off my head. This time it wasn't just my crown, but literally my entire head was thinning. On a side note most of my life I have worn my hair as a buzz, but for some reason as my hair kept falling I kept growing out my hair for some idiotic reason, eventually till it was the longest it had ever been. I finally came to my senses and got my hair cut shorter, which actually made it look worlds better. Again I thought maybe I was just going through a phase and it was finally over. Well fast forward to a month or so ago all day long at school every time I ran my fingers through my hair 2-8 would be on my hand and I panicked. My dermatolgist perscribed me finasterside (even though being only 17) and I have been on 1.25 mg a day for a little over a month.

p.s. I guess this was kind of a pointless thread, but I just wanted to post my story and see if there are any other similar situations out there. Here are a couple pics of my journey up untill I buzzed it again a couple days ago.

-Best of luck to all of us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20130214.JPG

Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	20257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20130217.JPG

Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	20258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20130303_1.JPG

Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	20259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_20130404.JPG

Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	20260  

Hi . Welcome to the forum. There are a few other guys on here who are under 18. You will meet fast friends here.

I wish you the best and let us know how it goes.

Hey dude, your hairloss is very similar to mine. I'm 18 yearS and started fin about 4 days back. Keep up the fight man, you're not alone ^_^

stay away from finasteride. i took it for years and sides/health risks just not worth it. stick to minoxidil (rogaine) and something natural for complementation

Interesting.I used to assume DHT blocking should be left until age 20 but I see more and more posts by guys who start fin or dut at 17-18 and seem to do OK.

Good luck! I wish you good health and hope you have no sides, as these drugs definitely work for hair

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Interesting.I used to assume DHT blocking should be left until age 20 but I see more and more posts by guys who start fin or dut at 17-18 and seem to do OK.

Good luck! I wish you good health and hope you have no sides, as these drugs definitely work for hair
    I wish I could have started taking fin at 17. These guys learn a lot faster than us. Unfortunately I found legit hair loss forums in 2009 when I was already 20.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post

yeah i've read that most don't start till later but i hit puberty early and was done growing by 15 so idk if that will help or not. hopefully it doesn't mess with anything no sides so far.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy View Post
    yeah i've read that most don't start till later but i hit puberty early and was done growing by 15 so idk if that will help or not. hopefully it doesn't mess with anything no sides so far.
    this is interesting to me, since i hit puberty at 11 (im currently 16) and i'm obviously done puberty since i look 25 with a full beard haha. Maybe i could get on fin aswell. Gooduck buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjaymin View Post
    this is interesting to me, since i hit puberty at 11 (im currently 16) and i'm obviously done puberty since i look 25 with a full beard haha. Maybe i could get on fin aswell. Gooduck buddy!
    i suggest you do man. i try to ignore people on here who say it will only mess with you because my dermatologist said literally less than 2 percent see any sides at all and that i should see my hair loss slowed within 2 months (which would make me extremely happy).

Quote Originally Posted by royboy View Post
    Are you just talking about height? Because you're not done growing until your 20s.