+ Reply to Thread

Default 21 yo/ Started on fin and minox (pics)

Hello, about 8 months ago I began to notice my hair seemed to be "growing slower at the temples". I thought basically nothing of it as I had incredibly thick hair and my mothers side of the family had lots of hair. I was deluded like everyone else of the maternal only gene. 8 months later I have finally come to the terms that I have MPB. I spent months denying it as my hairline moved back at the temples saying "oh it is probably just a mature hairline". When I eventually began to thin in the front I ordered fin an minox. I wish I had of started them 6 months earlier but I hope I still started it in time to at least keep what I have and maybe do just a little bit of reversal.

My pictures are of when I started on fin and minox 2 weeks ago. 1.25 mg daily of fin and 5 percent minox once in the PM. I went through an initial shed for the first week which was slightly more then the sheds I was having before medication. In the past week my hair has almost completely stopped falling out. I have lots of miniaturization around the hairline and am hoping to recover that.

Sides: Appear to be none. Like everyone else I have been paranoid and keeping daily logs to watch out for them. My semen may be slightly more watery. And my libido may be slightly increased. These, however, are not for sure sides and only being on it for two weeks I will wait to post judgement.

Pics from before treatment. (last pic how currently styled). Think of cutting to short soon?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 13-03-21 at 7.45 PM.jpg

Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	20249   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 13-03-21 at 7.45 PM #3.jpg

Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	20250   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 13-03-23 at 5.19 PM.jpg

Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	20251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 13-03-24 at 8.21 PM.jpg

Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	20252  

Seems like you got a good head on your shoulders. Your hair loss is in the beginning stages. Get on it right away and you should be fine.

p.s.

It takes about a year on fin before you see any results so be patient.

You have a good amount of hair there. It looks like you caught it at the right time, now only time will what it would do.

I just want to tell you one thing, let's say you don't see any regrowth, but maintain or your hair slows down, don't feel bad. If you wouldn't get on medication, your hair loss would be much worse. I think that would be the worst that can happen for your hair, that you just maintain or slow down the hair loss. Best case, which is I think what will happen with you since you caught it so early, is that you will see some regrowth later on in the year.

Thanks for the positive responses. I'll be sure to keep updates at regular intervals. It's great to see people going through the same thing as me on this board especially with positive messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Djbrotoe View Post
    Hello, about 8 months ago I began to notice my hair seemed to be "growing slower at the temples". I thought basically nothing of it as I had incredibly thick hair and my mothers side of the family had lots of hair. I was deluded like everyone else of the maternal only gene. 8 months later I have finally come to the terms that I have MPB. I spent months denying it as my hairline moved back at the temples saying "oh it is probably just a mature hairline". When I eventually began to thin in the front I ordered fin an minox. I wish I had of started them 6 months earlier but I hope I still started it in time to at least keep what I have and maybe do just a little bit of reversal.

My pictures are of when I started on fin and minox 2 weeks ago. 1.25 mg daily of fin and 5 percent minox once in the PM. I went through an initial shed for the first week which was slightly more then the sheds I was having before medication. In the past week my hair has almost completely stopped falling out. I have lots of miniaturization around the hairline and am hoping to recover that.

Sides: Appear to be none. Like everyone else I have been paranoid and keeping daily logs to watch out for them. My semen may be slightly more watery. And my libido may be slightly increased. These, however, are not for sure sides and only being on it for two weeks I will wait to post judgement.

Pics from before treatment. (last pic how currently styled). Think of cutting to short soon?
    Wow. Everything from the genetics, to the denial, to the wishing you had started treatment early, to the lack of sides is exactly my situation -- absolutely everything. You're even at the library in your last picture; in school myself.

Your hair looks boss still, bro. Solid style. Keep up the good work.

Your hair looks great. Don't keep daily logs of possible side effects. If it happens, it happens. Take the finasteride with your morning vitamin or whatever and get on with your life.

UPDATE 1 month

I have now been on Fin for about a month and minox about 2 weeks. Nothing to report on the hair side of things (wouldn't be expecting results this soon anyways). I am having a moderate shed but still no where near where it was before starting medication. Still no sides from fin or minox which is great news. Will update next upon some results so it may be a while.

Ps. Cut my hair off. Pic of the aftermath below.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 13-04-14 at 12.48 PM.jpg

Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	20458  

Quote Originally Posted by Djbrotoe View Post
    UPDATE 1 month

I have now been on Fin for about a month and minox about 2 weeks. Nothing to report on the hair side of things (wouldn't be expecting results this soon anyways). I am having a moderate shed but still no where near where it was before starting medication. Still no sides from fin or minox which is great news. Will update next upon some results so it may be a while.

Ps. Cut my hair off. Pic of the aftermath below.
    Great news that your loss is slowing down so fast. Fin is working for you.

Smile 4 Month Update

It has now been 4 months since I began my regime. I have rarely missed a dose and when I do I usually make it up the next morning. In the past 4 months I have not seen the amazing results I was obviously hoping for. I have, however, noticed small changes. The hair in the front that was beginning to look thin and sparse now looks more full. I have not noticed any regrowth in the temple area but it does not appear to have gone back significantly. I know it is not to be expected but was hoping for the amazing results that you sometimes see. The greatest news in this whole thing is that I rarely think about my hair anymore. I get up, take 5 minutes to style my hair, go about my day as usual, and then spend the 5 minutes on my regime before bed. I will continue to hope for better results as I have heard it sometimes takes up to 9 months but right now I am completely content. I have experienced no side effects and have began to get used to my slightly receding hairline and move on with my life. I took pictures to post but it is hard to notice any sort of change due to a shorter haircut. I will continue with an update if I notice any changes in the coming months but if not I wish you all the best of luck in your battle against hair loss and your lives.