+ Reply to Thread

Default White dot scarring

One question I have for the HST procedure is in the areas where hair does not regenerate, is there white dot scarring? If there is it must be too small to see for the naked eye, but what if the head is shaved and the person is tan? will it show up then?

I'm only wondering this because I want an HST this year, but I am worried that if my hairloss progresses and I decide to give up the battle and shave my head...will there be white dot scarring when I'm tan..

What are your thoughts guys?

I am in the same situation as you right now, thinking of getting an hst this year. So far, fromall online cases that i have seen, there is no white dot scarring. My concern is more the recipient yield with hst.

I agree about seeing no white dot scarring in any of the patients...but I wonder if there would be some when the skin was tanned..because the little tiny scars, if there is any and if they would be visible to the human eye, would then show up because as well all know, scars don't tan.

suppose you get 1500 grafts,20% hairs wont grow at all and you will endup with 300 hairless gaps spread over entire donor..my guess is you shd be ok BUT if you end up having 6000 grafts you will have 1200+ of these gaps and tht might be a problem when you shave

if you progress to nw6 then 6000 grafts will give you nice combover, it wont be enough to give you illusion of full hair, especially not with hst which gives less hairs per graft than normal HT..option to be able to shave is what you want

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    suppose you get 1500 grafts,20% hairs wont grow at all and you will endup with 300 hairless gaps spread over entire donor..my guess is you shd be ok BUT if you end up having 6000 grafts you will have 1200+ of these gaps and tht might be a problem when you shave

if you progress to nw6 then 6000 grafts will give you nice combover, it wont be enough to give you illusion of full hair, especially not with hst which gives less hairs per graft than normal HT..option to be able to shave is what you want
    exactly, that's why I'm wondering if it would be noticeable when tan

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    BUT if you end up having 6000 grafts you will have 1200+ of these gaps and tht might be a problem when you shave
    I doubt you will really notice 1200 'gaps' as you call them. I've seen results from traditional FUE with 2k grafts (so 2000 'gaps' plus in the FUE case also scars) where it barely was noticable.

It seems Histogen will be available in 2015 Asia (of course if there aren't any complications with their Phase IIb test). So personally I don't worry AT ALL about this. And again, even without Histogen, I don't think 1200 'gaps' will be visible at all (and again, that's 6000 grafts) you then have gotten.

And besides, what's a 'gap' anyway ? It just means that donor looks thinner at some point. I doubt that will happen with 1200 missing grafts. But even if it's slightly visible, what's better, slightly thinner donor and 6000 grafts that got you back 3 points on the NW scale, or a slightly thicker donor and 3 points worse on the NW scale ? It's a nobrainer to me.

I agree with you. What I am saying though, is after 6k grafts could I shave my head with a razor and not having visible scarring even when tan.... That would be nice to have in the back pocket if things just go south

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I agree with you. What I am saying though, is after 6k grafts could I shave my head with a razor and not having visible scarring even when tan.... That would be nice to have in the back pocket if things just go south

great question, i know you wanna have nice back up option in case you get stuck half way....

i suggest u send email to hasci and ask them if they can guarantee you will be white dot/scar free after 6000 grafts.
    TBH i doubt they can guarantee that, its too many grafts