X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mjodotcom
    • Mar 2013

Rogaine with Hair Loss Shampoo

Hello everyone:

First time poster here! I have a question regarding the use of Rogaine along with a "hair loss" shampoo. I am currently using Pura D'or (any other recommendations would be appreciated) along with Niz. What I am curious about is this - do I have to wait a certain amount of time after letting my hair dry before I can apply the Rogaine in the morning? I am worried that having two topicals on at the same time is going to dilute the effect but I figured I would ask the experts. Right now I am only using the Rogaine at night which I am sure is not ideal.

Thanks!
  • mjodotcom
    • Mar 2013

Anyone able to help?

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

The only shampoo that has any good quality supporting evidence that it helps slow down hair loss is Nizoral. Don't waste your money on any other "hair loss" shampoo. They are all scams. Just use sulfate free shampoo and conditioner that you can get at your local store.

Comment

• hellouser
        • May 2012

Originally posted by mjodotcom
        Hello everyone:

First time poster here! I have a question regarding the use of Rogaine along with a "hair loss" shampoo. I am currently using Pura D'or (any other recommendations would be appreciated) along with Niz. What I am curious about is this - do I have to wait a certain amount of time after letting my hair dry before I can apply the Rogaine in the morning? I am worried that having two topicals on at the same time is going to dilute the effect but I figured I would ask the experts. Right now I am only using the Rogaine at night which I am sure is not ideal.

Thanks!
        Any shampoo that contains Saw Palmetto and L-Arginine will be better than all the other crap. I'd recommend only two shampoos:

Artisan Beauty – Natural | Raw | Vegan - Facial Care, Skin Care, Hair Care, Niche Perfumes.

But Nizoral is still top notch, but you won't want to use it every day. So for all other days, use the two mentioned above.

Comment

• mjodotcom
          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by hellouser
          Any shampoo that contains Saw Palmetto and L-Arginine will be better than all the other crap. I'd recommend only two shampoos:

Artisan Beauty – Natural | Raw | Vegan - Facial Care, Skin Care, Hair Care, Niche Perfumes.

But Nizoral is still top notch, but you won't want to use it every day. So for all other days, use the two mentioned above.
          The Pura d'or shampoo has the following ingredients:

Purified water, sodium cocoyl isethionate (derived from coconut), cocamidopropyl betaine (derived from coconut), tea tree oil, argan oil, DHT blocker (proprietary herbal blend), black seed (kanoji) oil, amla oil, nettle extract, biotin, saw palmetto, cedarwood oil, rosemary oil, sage extract, he shou wu (fo-ti), hibiscus oil, pygeum extract, pumpkin seed oil, green tea extract, zinc, soy isoflavones, beta sitosterols, aloe vera, niacin, vitamin E, B-vitamin complex, phenoxyethanol (mild preservative), grapefruit seed extract (natural preservative), lactic acid (naturally occurring in yogurt) & dead sea salt.

Seems like a good mix?

Still wondering how I handle the whole rogaine + shampoo in the morning thing. Is it ok to apply both relatively soon after each other?

Comment

• McLovin787
            • Apr 2016

Hey, i know the topic/thread is almost three years old but there hasnt been an answer to the question the guy asked. As iam facing the same issue i ask again, if it's okay or even a good idea to use rogaine and anti hair loss shampoo (e.g. pura d'or)...

Comment

• mark8
              • Oct 2015

Here's the reality of the situation. There are 2 things that can help with hair loss: minoxidil and finasteride. The shampoos are worthless.

Comment

• Nerve
                • Nov 2012

Why do they only put 1% Ket in the Hairloss Shampoos? Is it so you are able to use it everyday?
                Is 2% nizoral a better bet than these other 1% shampoos with all their added ingredients?

Comment

• JohnMPB
                  • Nov 2009

If it were me and I wanted to add a shampoo that helped with hair loss I'd just stick to regular old nizoral 2-4 times a week just like the studies showed produced results. All these BS shampoos showing Up on Amazon just seem so fishy. More than half of their reviews seem fake and/or sponsored by the company (product sent for free for a review)

And Nerve, just to answer your question, only 1% ketoconazole is allowed otc in the US. 2% is rx only so that is probably the reason

Comment

• Herbaliser
                    • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JohnMPB
                    If it were me and I wanted to add a shampoo that helped with hair loss I'd just stick to regular old nizoral 2-4 times a week just like the studies showed produced results. All these BS shampoos showing Up on Amazon just seem so fishy. More than half of their reviews seem fake and/or sponsored by the company (product sent for free for a review)

And Nerve, just to answer your question, only 1% ketoconazole is allowed otc in the US. 2% is rx only so that is probably the reason
                    What studies, could you share us?

Comment

• JohnMPB
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Herbaliser
                      What studies, could you share us?
                      Hello Doctor/professor Herbaliser. First and foremost thank you for solving male pattern baldness- we can safely shut down this site as well as many others thanks to your due diligence....mpb is a thing of the past.

To answer your phone ur question you can search pubmed for ketoconazole hair loss studies or just simply use google.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                        • Apr 2015

Hello Doctor/professor Herbaliser. First and foremost thank you for solving male pattern baldness- we can safely shut down this site as well as many others thanks to your due diligence....mpb is a thing of the past.

To answer your phone ur question you can search pubmed for ketoconazole hair loss studies or just simply use google.
                        Quiet pathetic to use sarcasm, but when i saw their public med help marketing site i thought US directly. Is it this bad in US?

Comment

• JohnMPB
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Herbaliser
                          Quiet pathetic to use sarcasm, but when i saw their public med help marketing site i thought US directly. Is it this bad in US?
                          Yes king herbaliser, we are all puppets. US is a 3rd world country unfortunately.

Comment

• Herbaliser
                            • Apr 2015

Yes king herbaliser, we are all puppets. US is a 3rd world country unfortunately.
                            I was referring to marketing, shallowness and not third world country.
                            For me FDA for example and their approvals is a joke, and your med help system is horrible.
                            Yeas FDA are puppets, and they are kneeing under the pharma´s profits.

In general though, is it not alarming enough when Donald Trump is even elected?

Comment

• JohnMPB
                              • Nov 2009

Oh herby

Comment

Working...