+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Biotin

Default Biotin

I want to add some biotin to my regime. But what strength tablets should I get? The different measurements are confusing.

I've found some that are 10,000 mcg - is that too much?

Also, what's this MSM I keep reading about?

Thanks in advance!

The info I have read says 5000 is the magic number but thats a laymans estimate.

I use 5000 mcg or 5g really.

5g over the last two months and instead of cutting my nails every week, its every 3 days now

My hair is BOOMING out of my head, but because of the fin, its still slightly thinner than it was before my transplant. I had a shed due to shock loss and the initial fin shed.

I recommend everyone takes 5grams per day. and stagger it out too so you dont just pee it out. Take one or two grams with each meal.

Hope this helps

Biotin, Silica, and MSM just make your hair grow faster. They don't stop or slow down your hair loss, let alone regrow hair. However, they will not hurt your MPB and in fact they are good to take if you got a hair transplant. I think they may also be good if you are using Rogaine+fin/dut, maybe it can help speed up the results?

Although i've used Biotin and MSM separately before, i'm on the verge of getting on a bunch of vitamins soon. I have them all picked out on Amazon, but I still don't know if I should purchase them.

Nice one, thanks.

Yeah, I know Biotin won't regrow hair, but it should complement my minox + fin regime pretty nicely. If anything, it will help make the existing hair (and any new hair) stronger and healthier.

Think I'll get some 5000mcg biotin and also some silica. I might skip the MSM for now, because man, these costs are all adding up!! Would you say MSM is the 'least' important of these three?

Also, it'd be great if there was a combination vitamin available containing these three vits. All of the 'hair vitamin complex' products I've found so far don't contain much biotin, usually between 300-3000mcg.

Thanks again.

I also use vitamin b12 methocobalymin tablets. I don't take these for hair, rather for general well-being and to prevent mouth ulcers (and man, these things really work! I've suffered from ulcers since I was a kid, but haven't had a single one in two years since taking b12).

I only mention it because I've just read somewhere that b12 might also complement hair growth.

MSM by itself is just as good as taking Biotin and Silica together. But all three will have you needing to cut your hair and nails more often than usual.

Zinc+Vitamin B6 is supposedly good for hair growth too.

Yeah they do add up, it's the only reason why I haven't purchased them yet. In my Amazon shopping cart I have Garlicin, Toco-sorb, grape seed extract, green tea extract, bamboo extract[silica], biotin, and tourine. Since I have multiple of each items chosen, the price did add up pretty good and it's what stopping me from buying all of this. I want to buy them to see what they can do for my MPB, BUT as a "fall back" plan, keep using them for health reasons. So basically i'll keep expectations low for what they can do for my hair, but keep high expectations for how they can improve my overall health.

Wow, that's some shopping cart you have there! Expensive no doubt. The problem with trying a bunch of new things together is that if you get good results, you won't know what vitamin is doing it. And anything that seems to work, you'll be stuck buying for years to come. You'll be too afraid to give any of it up.

I've just bought some 10,000mcg biotin (the strongest on the market!!), so I'll try that for a while and report back.

I also take zinc (for general health though) and drink green tea every day.

I'll look into MSM, thanks for the tip mate.

That's exactly how I feel, which is why i'm leaning towards just saving my money and buying more dutasteride and rogaine later in the year.

Good luck.

Hey guys. Good exchange.

I take boitin because its pretty cheap and it definitely works. It does not have effect on the DHT that kills your hair follicles nor does it regenerate new hair follicles.

but if you are looking for stronger , faster growing , shiny hair, take the stuff. Its awesome.

Thanks, drybone. I'll be trying strongest biotin possible for a few months and see how it goes. Then I may add some other vits too, but always one at a time so I can track the results.

And yeah, biotin is cheap - I got 100 tabs of 10,000mcg biotin for £6.25 on Amazon. Can't argue with that!