Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jman91
    • Jan 2012

can someone recommend a protein shake

going to get on the shakes but really want to avoid anything with creatine as the stuff is reported to boost dht levels among other things.

can someone recommend a shake that's not as artificial, one that you've found does not mess with you mpb?
  • Proper
    • Mar 2013

I don't take protein but my buddy does. He blends his strawberry flavoured protein powder with some plain yogurt, and fruitopia. I think that's how they make it at goodlife fitness anyways; around that sort of idea.

If I do make shakes, I just get those frozen fruits in a bag, and cut some bananas into it, cup of milk, a spoon or two of sugar and it's good to go. I'm sure there are others with a lot better ingredients but I just work around what tastes good.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
      • Oct 2011

Creatine isn't a hormone, so the boosting of DHT would merely be an affect of a boost in Testosterone because of your increased intensity and musculature.

Very few protein 'shakes' that are billed as protein are going to be anything but protein + BCAA's. Generally you are only going to find pre-workout shakes that contain Creatine.

Plus it will be on the ingredient list, so its easy enough to just filter it out.

Get Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey.

Comment

• akai
        • Dec 2012

Another vote for Optimum Nutrition. Steer clear of any brands with over the top marketing.

Comment

• chrisis
          • Feb 2012

Wouldn't it be really handy if we had a subforum for such topics?

Not a criticism of jman91, I refer to the fact a few members have asked for one and it's still not available.

Comment

• aim4hair
            • Aug 2011

Isoflex is one of the purest proteins you can get!!

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
              • Jan 2011

ON 100% Whey Protein Gold Standard.

Mocha Cappuccino is delicious.

Comment

• Aames
                Inactive
                • Nov 2012

I have tried most brands. For price, go Optimum; they typically have the cheapest price per gram of protein (of the reputable brands). For taste, buy either Dymatize Casein Cinnamon Bun or ANY flavor of Trutein. Both taste incredible. If you have any sort of dairy or gluten intolerance, use Isopure. I currently use Isopure Zero.

Comment

• Joe Diego
                  • Mar 2011

Protein shakes are overrated. Eating a healthy diet is good enough. Fish, chicken, veggies blah blah blah. Lifting weights is also overrated. Try and keep your body fat percentage low with cardio and exercise (pull ups, squares, push-ups....)

Comment

• Shan
                    • Feb 2013

Met- rx meal replacement

Comment

• dex89
                      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Joe Diego
                      Protein shakes are overrated. Eating a healthy diet is good enough. Fish, chicken, veggies blah blah blah. Lifting weights is also overrated. Try and keep your body fat percentage low with cardio and exercise (pull ups, squares, push-ups....)
                      You're over overrated skinny boy. OP I use Gold Standard 100% Whey, I've used it since i started working 5 years ago. I buy it at Gold Standard 100% Whey, screw GNC and their overprice products.

Comment

• Joe Diego
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by dex89
                        You're over overrated skinny boy. OP I use Gold Standard 100% Whey, I've used it since i started working 5 years ago. I buy it at Gold Standard 100% Whey, screw GNC and their overprice products.
                        "Skinny Boy"? Son, you have no idea. You're such a Truck. Pics avlable upon request.
                        ...and I bet I got you beat.

Comment

• dex89
                          • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Joe Diego
                          "Skinny Boy"? Son, you have no idea. You're such a Truck. Pics avlable upon request.
                          ...and I bet I got you beat.
                          Some of you don't believe that I'm loosing hair. Well I'm going to prove you guys wrong. I attached frontal, right temple, Left temple and normal hairstyle picture. I'm currently on: Proscar 1.25mg-Every other day Rogaine- once a day Folligan spray- every other day niz 1%- every 3 days Like I said before, I

6'1 currently 218 lbs age 23

Please provide your pics

EDIT: and I didn't mean to offend you when I said Skinny boy, it was a joke. lol

Comment

• Joe Diego
                            • Mar 2011

6'4 235 ill be 37 in 3 months

Comment

• Jotronic
                              • Nov 2008

I'm not posting pics of my naked torso but I've been concentrating on fat loss and muscle gain with a lot of success. Dymatize ISO-100 is excellent. I disagree that shakes are overrated. If one does not have the time to put together enough protein rich meals nor enough time to consume them then protein shakes are an ideal adjunct.

However, my meals have changed drastically to be as healthy as possible given what I have to work with. I *try* to buy my meat and vegetables locally grown as often as I can but it is difficult. I buy eggs from local farms and almost everything is organic. The quality of food is so important.
                              www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Comment

Working...