Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NotBelievingIt
    • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Aames
    I take this stuff called creatine that my trainer sells me out of the trunk of his car. Am I still natty?
    lol

Creatine occurs naturally. You just can't get as much as easily without supplementation. If you ate a pound of beef you can get 5g...or you can take one tablespoon of it and mix it with any liquid you want to.

And if you're serious about buying it from your trainer for the love of god stop, he's probably raping you on price. Creatine is uber cheap.

Comment

• topcat
      • May 2009

Gamma Oryzanol, Dibencozide, Inosine, Glandulars, HMB, Boron, Smilax, Powdered Beef Protein, Hydrolyzed Protein, Egg Protein, Milk Protein, Beta Sitosterol, Chromium Picolinate, Ecdysterone, Mumie, Vanadyl Sulfate and what about Hot Stuff, Cybergenics, Metrx, Metabolol, Ultimate Orange…………..etc, etc, etc. just the tip of the iceberg, yes all scientifically researched <wink wink>. Just a few of probably a couple hundred I have see over the last 35+ years. Sorry guys but it is all marketing and they will keep coming and going because that is the way it works. Most will not do any harm except lighten your wallet so if you think it helps you go for it as long as you stay healthy. The real harm is being done in medicine. If you lack knowledge in that area you are done. They will take every penny you have if they can and you could easily end up dead or severely incapacitated. Money is not going to help you and my experience has been most look for the truth in that area when it's too late and then the fear is so great they simply cannot act on what they have learned and those same people that I have observed are all dead.

Comment

• aim4hair
        • Aug 2011

I take this stuff called creatine that my trainer sells me out of the trunk of his car. Am I still natty?
        rumor has it that creatine is bad for your hair.

Comment

• Aames
          Inactive
          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
          lol

Creatine occurs naturally. You just can't get as much as easily without supplementation. If you ate a pound of beef you can get 5g...or you can take one tablespoon of it and mix it with any liquid you want to.

And if you're serious about buying it from your trainer for the love of god stop, he's probably raping you on price. Creatine is uber cheap.
          Originally posted by aim4hair
          rumor has it that creatine is bad for your hair.

Gee, thanks for the info, guys.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
            • Oct 2011

Anytime, bro.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
              • Oct 2011

In all seriousness, I didn't even see you had other threads going where its evident you know what you're talking about. Had I known that I wouldn't have posted the reply in the first place.

and lulz at the creatine and hair comment. Creatine isn't a hormone. While aiding in increased muscular capacity that will lead to the increase in testosterone production. So yah I suppose if you're overly sensitive to DHT and take creatine and lift heavy weights, you might lose your hair faster then normal - but not strictly because of the creatine.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                • Oct 2011

Huh.

Creatine supplementation may, in part, act through an increased rate of conversion of T to DHT. Further investigation is warranted as a result of the high frequency of individuals using creatine supplementation and the long-term safety of alterations in circulating androgen composition. STATEMENT OF &#8230;

Seems to me that since Creatine came about in the late 90's in its most common form that at some point between then and 2008 when the study was done, it would have come up. Instead it took some random in South Africa doing a study of a single dosing cycle of Creatine to say something. But then thats how this kind of thing starts I guess.

Not saying there isn't merit to it but I'd be very curious exactly what Creatine is doing that "allows" more free T to convert to DHT. This should imply lower levels of all the other T conversions since the study says serum T (total T) didn't change. Also DHT hasn't been shown to have strong anabolic properties, rather it has apparent CNS stimulation properties. So if more T is being used for DHT that implies lower free T (less available for muscular growth which seems odd...) and/or lower 'other' testosterone conversions.

Also, I wonder how applicable this would be, if true, to someone who isn't doing a dosing cycle. I started taking Creatine just over a week ago, but am only doing 5g / day. I'm choosing not to cycle as I've read enough that says its not necessary unless you want faster results.

Comment

• Aames
                  Inactive
                  • Nov 2012

In all seriousness, I didn't even see you had other threads going where its evident you know what you're talking about. Had I known that I wouldn't have posted the reply in the first place.

and lulz at the creatine and hair comment. Creatine isn't a hormone. While aiding in increased muscular capacity that will lead to the increase in testosterone production. So yah I suppose if you're overly sensitive to DHT and take creatine and lift heavy weights, you might lose your hair faster then normal - but not strictly because of the creatine.
                  Lol, it's just sort of a running joke from bb.com that I made for Highlander's sake; all good, brah. And yeah, as that study he posted shows, creatine does raise DHT. Whether it's enough to really affect hair loss, however, is another question entirely. The risk just isn't worth it for me; especially since it has such a small effect on muscle-building anyway.

On an unrelated note, where in WI are you from if you don't mind sharing?

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                    • Oct 2011

I've lived in Madison since I was born.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                      • Oct 2011

The risk just isn't worth it for me; especially since it has such a small effect on muscle-building anyway.
                      You are one of the unfortunate low/non-responders to Creatine I've read about then? I'm curious if I will be or not. *shrug*

It was $6 for the ON 150g bottle so its not a terrible waste of money in my opinion. The dividends I make on my investments can pay for it. I waste $9 as it is for NetFlix and havn't watched much of anything in the last few months. heh

Comment

• Aames
                        Inactive
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Highlander
                        So you don't take creatine either because of the DHT risk?

I was actually considering taking some when I get off Accutane since it is one of the better "natty" supplements.
                        Nah, never felt it was worth the risk. I nearly quit lifting all together until I read a post by a very knowledgeable individual on another forum. He said it may even help hair loss somehow (I forget the specifics). In any case, I've seen people log their test levels on some other forum after bulking hard with tons of whole milk and other things; they noticed a VERY small increase in test.

I've lived in Madison since I was born.
                        Nice. I hope to move there in two years for pharmacy school.

Comment

• Nish
                          • Nov 2011

Wow Ames, thanks for your very disrespectful reply. This forum is supposed to be helping people and not bringing anyone done. What exactly did I say that has been proven wrong?

I've been training over the last year and a half with an Instructor at the National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) and I've working on my certification from NPTI. This is their website: http://nptifitness.com/. My trainer also teaches the nutritional and training courses at two of the major universities in the Washington DC Area. I'm only bringing this up to prove I'm not talking out of my a** and what I'm saying is based on real information.

I'm done with this thread.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                            • Oct 2011

I think the 'risk' with Creatine, if the DHT elevation is consistently true, is more along the lines of your own sensitivity as well as your current levels. If you're a low DHT and slow loser, it probably won't change much. But if you're low and fast, it'll probably accelerate. If you're high and slow no change. High and high, no change. Its just that unfortunate low and and fast category that would be most at risk of accelerating hair loss.

My SWAG.

Comment

• micknkate
                              • Sep 2013

Help Hair whey protein

Originally posted by jman91
                              going to get on the shakes but really want to avoid anything with creatine as the stuff is reported to boost dht levels among other things.

can someone recommend a shake that's not as artificial, one that you've found does not mess with you mpb?
                              Hi mate,

I've been using the Help Hair whey protein concentrate. Saw it on SkakeMD.com and have read Dr Cooley & Dr Mwamba use and recommend it. Label says it has no artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours, sulphites or growth hormones.

Comment

• goingquick
                                • May 2012

Just buy ON brand. It taste good.

Comment

Working...