+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    I take this stuff called creatine that my trainer sells me out of the trunk of his car. Am I still natty?
    lol

Creatine occurs naturally. You just can't get as much as easily without supplementation. If you ate a pound of beef you can get 5g...or you can take one tablespoon of it and mix it with any liquid you want to.

And if you're serious about buying it from your trainer for the love of god stop, he's probably raping you on price. Creatine is uber cheap.

Gamma Oryzanol, Dibencozide, Inosine, Glandulars, HMB, Boron, Smilax, Powdered Beef Protein, Hydrolyzed Protein, Egg Protein, Milk Protein, Beta Sitosterol, Chromium Picolinate, Ecdysterone, Mumie, Vanadyl Sulfate and what about Hot Stuff, Cybergenics, Metrx, Metabolol, Ultimate Orange…………..etc, etc, etc. just the tip of the iceberg, yes all scientifically researched <wink wink>. Just a few of probably a couple hundred I have see over the last 35+ years. Sorry guys but it is all marketing and they will keep coming and going because that is the way it works. Most will not do any harm except lighten your wallet so if you think it helps you go for it as long as you stay healthy. The real harm is being done in medicine. If you lack knowledge in that area you are done. They will take every penny you have if they can and you could easily end up dead or severely incapacitated. Money is not going to help you and my experience has been most look for the truth in that area when it's too late and then the fear is so great they simply cannot act on what they have learned and those same people that I have observed are all dead.

I take this stuff called creatine that my trainer sells me out of the trunk of his car. Am I still natty?
    rumor has it that creatine is bad for your hair.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    lol

Creatine occurs naturally. You just can't get as much as easily without supplementation. If you ate a pound of beef you can get 5g...or you can take one tablespoon of it and mix it with any liquid you want to.

And if you're serious about buying it from your trainer for the love of god stop, he's probably raping you on price. Creatine is uber cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    rumor has it that creatine is bad for your hair.

Gee, thanks for the info, guys.

Anytime, bro.

In all seriousness, I didn't even see you had other threads going where its evident you know what you're talking about. Had I known that I wouldn't have posted the reply in the first place.

and lulz at the creatine and hair comment. Creatine isn't a hormone. While aiding in increased muscular capacity that will lead to the increase in testosterone production. So yah I suppose if you're overly sensitive to DHT and take creatine and lift heavy weights, you might lose your hair faster then normal - but not strictly because of the creatine.

Huh.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19741313

Seems to me that since Creatine came about in the late 90's in its most common form that at some point between then and 2008 when the study was done, it would have come up. Instead it took some random in South Africa doing a study of a single dosing cycle of Creatine to say something. But then thats how this kind of thing starts I guess.

Not saying there isn't merit to it but I'd be very curious exactly what Creatine is doing that "allows" more free T to convert to DHT. This should imply lower levels of all the other T conversions since the study says serum T (total T) didn't change. Also DHT hasn't been shown to have strong anabolic properties, rather it has apparent CNS stimulation properties. So if more T is being used for DHT that implies lower free T (less available for muscular growth which seems odd...) and/or lower 'other' testosterone conversions.

Also, I wonder how applicable this would be, if true, to someone who isn't doing a dosing cycle. I started taking Creatine just over a week ago, but am only doing 5g / day. I'm choosing not to cycle as I've read enough that says its not necessary unless you want faster results.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    In all seriousness, I didn't even see you had other threads going where its evident you know what you're talking about. Had I known that I wouldn't have posted the reply in the first place.

and lulz at the creatine and hair comment. Creatine isn't a hormone. While aiding in increased muscular capacity that will lead to the increase in testosterone production. So yah I suppose if you're overly sensitive to DHT and take creatine and lift heavy weights, you might lose your hair faster then normal - but not strictly because of the creatine.
    Lol, it's just sort of a running joke from bb.com that I made for Highlander's sake; all good, brah. And yeah, as that study he posted shows, creatine does raise DHT. Whether it's enough to really affect hair loss, however, is another question entirely. The risk just isn't worth it for me; especially since it has such a small effect on muscle-building anyway.

On an unrelated note, where in WI are you from if you don't mind sharing?

I've lived in Madison since I was born.

The risk just isn't worth it for me; especially since it has such a small effect on muscle-building anyway.
    You are one of the unfortunate low/non-responders to Creatine I've read about then? I'm curious if I will be or not. *shrug*

It was $6 for the ON 150g bottle so its not a terrible waste of money in my opinion. The dividends I make on my investments can pay for it. I waste $9 as it is for NetFlix and havn't watched much of anything in the last few months. heh