Advice greatly needed

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Borealis
    • Mar 2013

Really feel like I'm experiencing some sexual sides. I can't remember the last time I had a morning erection and my erections seem to be softer. I was worried about the fact my penis seems to have lost some size, but I'm not really sure if it has.

I disregarded it at first, because I'm only on Minoxidil. However, it seems that some people do seem to experience sexual sides with it. I've stopped taking it for now, going to book a doctor's appointment when the surgery opens again.

Comment

• Borealis
      • Mar 2013

I don't suppose it's the Nizoral causing it?

Comment

• WarLord
        • May 2012

Originally posted by Borealis
        Really feel like I'm experiencing some sexual sides. I can't remember the last time I had a morning erection and my erections seem to be softer. I was worried about the fact my penis seems to have lost some size, but I'm not really sure if it has.

I disregarded it at first, because I'm only on Minoxidil. However, it seems that some people do seem to experience sexual sides with it. I've stopped taking it for now, going to book a doctor's appointment when the surgery opens again.
        Oh, even minoxidil?! People, you don't need a dermatologist. You need a psychologist first.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by El Nino
          Did you know that Finasteride's first intended use was to treat men with BPH? It was pure accident that it was found to help with hair loss.
          Myth: Propecia was originally a prostate medication that was found to prevent hair loss.
          Fact: Propecia is not a prostate medication that was by chance noted to have a side effect of hair growth, it is a medication that was known since its discovery that it could grow hair.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Borealis

Wow...minoxidil is not even a DHT blocker or a drug that messes with your hormones.

I have never told any one this, this is my first time saying this to any one, dude, it's all in your head. It's seriously all in your head. Get off the forums, try putting your mind in something else. Hair loss forums are doing you more harm than good. Come back when you are 21 or older.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever, or trying to put you down, I'm trying to help you, get off the forums, shave, and get on with your life because if you think something like minoxidil is giving you sexual side effects then you are in a world of trouble when it comes to hair loss treatments. Try to go natural or something.

I apologize in advance if I came off as mean or something, please do not get offended.

Comment

• WarLord
              • May 2012

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
              Wow...minoxidil is not even a DHT blocker or a drug that messes with your hormones.

I have never told any one this, this is my first time saying this to any one, dude, it's all in your head. It's seriously all in your head. Get off the forums, try putting your mind in something else. Hair loss forums are doing you more harm than good. Come back when you are 21 or older.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever, or trying to put you down, I'm trying to help you, get off the forums, shave, and get on with your life because if you think something like minoxidil is giving you sexual side effects then you are in a world of trouble when it comes to hair loss treatments. Try to go natural or something.

I apologize in advance if I came off as mean or something, please do not get offended.
              Don't apologize to anyone of these cyberchondriacs. The atmosphere that they created on internet forums is already disgusting.

Comment

• Borealis
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting

Please don't apologise! I strongly suspected it was in my head and I've stopped the Nizoral (just for the moment, I know I'm probably being an idiot) but it certainly seems whatever side effects I believed I was experiencing have disappeared, so it most likely was in my head. I think it was a mixture of me being severely depressed (had a really bad couple of days due to other things as well as hair loss) and just thinking about it constantly.

Anyway, I've just ordered my second bottle. Thought I'd give you an update if anyone's interested.

It's definitely had an effect on my hairline, thickened it up no doubt and I see new hairs growing every day! I think it's had an effect on my crown as well but it's too early to tell really, and the loss on there wasn't really as noticeable anyway.

I did shed a fair amount from around week 2 but I didn't notice any change in my hair during, and sure enough the shedding stopped after 10 days or so.

So overall, I'm really happy with it so far and I'm going to continue as long as it doesn't affect me. (I have a heart disease, of which tachycardia is a symptom, have noticed a couple of instances which could potentially be due to Minoxidil but nothing too serious).

Comment

• Borealis
                  • Mar 2013

Just another update. Continuing to see promising results (on my hairline atleast). New hairs are growing and thickening, whilst more and more vellus hairs are appearing. Some are even growing over 1cm away from my base hairline. Growth on my right temple definitely seems to be more impressive than my left. Hopefully my crown will thicken up soon as I've got a double crown and it looks stupid with two bald(well thinning) patches on the top of my head haha.

Comment

Working...