+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I do think that you'll find a higher proportion of negative experiences with Finasteride on the forums because:

a) if you've experienced side effects you want to talk about them and perhaps ask about alternative treatments.

b) forum posters are more aware of the side effect potential and the 'nocebo' effect is very real and is proven to increase the rate of side effects in Finasteride users.

But I don't doubt the sincerity of anybody who says that they had the effects. I don't see how anyone could call them nutcases.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Because those ignorant to the experience of side effects are inherently doubtful of their (read: sides) validity.

I was taking it for years thinking I had no side effects because I could get it up and didn't grow tits.

Totally unaware it was altering the chemistry of my BRAIN.

Hey ElNino what do you take as an alternative to finas now?

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Very wise decision mate.

If I would have known that Finasteride crosses the blood brain barrier and messes with all the Neurosteroids in the brain, I wouldn't have touched it either.
    You keep spreading lies. There is a time for opinion, and they even put up with your trolling but just spreading outright lies should get you banned.

At some point either you put up actual proof of your nonsense or you get banned. Its not healthy for the site to have trolls going around spreading lies. Put up the actual medical evidence that finasteride 'messes' with ALL the neurosteroids in the brain , leading people who read your post to believe its somehow wrecking them.

You did not indicate 'interacting with the neurosteroids. You stated it 'messes' with them. Prove it or I will ask the site administrators to ban you.

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    I was taking it for years thinking I had no side effects because I could get it up and didn't grow tits.

Totally unaware it was altering the chemistry of my BRAIN.
    You were unaware because it did nothing to your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Cob984 View Post
    Hey ElNino what do you take as an alternative to finas now?
    I take nothing now and will use HTs to cover any more loss. I have already had two to fill my crown in so I have more reason than 99% of the guys on here to take Finasteride. If I go past a NW5 I will be screwed.

But I will never take that shite again.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    You keep spreading lies. There is a time for opinion, and they even put up with your trolling but just spreading outright lies should get you banned.

At some point either you put up actual proof of your nonsense or you get banned. Its not healthy for the site to have trolls going around spreading lies. Put up the actual medical evidence that finasteride 'messes' with ALL the neurosteroids in the brain , leading people who read your post to believe its somehow wrecking them.

You did not indicate 'interacting with the neurosteroids. You stated it 'messes' with them. Prove it or I will ask the site administrators to ban you.
    Blah blah blah...

Why don't you prove that it doesn't? Why don't you really educate yourself about what you are INGESTING into your body and how it interacts with it?

I am sorry that my experience isn't positive and that it doesn't fit into what you want to read and believe on this website. However, this doesn't make my experience invalid.

It is just as valid as all the guys spouting "been on finasteride for....no side effects at all, just jump on it".

Tick tock..

Feel like my hairline is getting worse whilst on Minoxidil but I never really see or feel hairs come out when I apply it so I'm not sure if I'm actually shedding, or if I'm just being paranoid. I know some people said they lost some hairs but new ones started to grow. I can see a fair few tiny hairs around my temples but I don't know if they're new ones or if they're dying ones? I have only been on minox for like 2 weeks so...

Edit, but then comparing it to my pictures on the first page it doesn't really look any different at all, so why does it feel 100x worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Feel like my hairline is getting worse whilst on Minoxidil but I never really see or feel hairs come out when I apply it so I'm not sure if I'm actually shedding, or if I'm just being paranoid. I know some people said they lost some hairs but new ones started to grow. I can see a fair few tiny hairs around my temples but I don't know if they're new ones or if they're dying ones? I have only been on minox for like 2 weeks so...

Edit, but then comparing it to my pictures on the first page it doesn't really look any different at all, so why does it feel 100x worse?
    You need patience mate as 2 weeks is absolutely nothing.

You need to give it at least 6 months before you can evaluate it. I know it's hard not scrutinising your hair every day but it will be better if you can forget about it for a while.