+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Quote Originally Posted by drnigams View Post
    didi,
    You are correct.
    We need to know and should be able to followup
    1)Every longitudinally partial graft extracted(although they claim they extract stemcells)...than please show us the extracted stemcells on inverted microscope pic..If they claim they extract stemcells than they must have seen it and we should be also able to see the stemcells or show us with antibody markers of stemcells in pics..
    2)We should have a count of single, double or triple follicle graft.We should be able to see under microscope with pics what exactly has been extracted.
    3)We should be explained what activates the inherent stemcells(cd34 as claimed in their patent) in the follicle .
    If human mast cell line , granulating factors,autologous cd34 cells ,ecm like collagen etc.as per their patent claim, activates the stemcells,we should be able to see under inverted microscope the pics of activated stem cells or through cytoflowmetre the increase in count of stemcells after keeping the same in preservation medium in 2hours.
    4)Every injection or implantation on the recipient should be visible for few days to followup.
    5)If their new technique(stemcell extraction and implantation after activation and multiplication...the new stemcell hair transplant,HST as claimed by them) is different from their older technique follicular doubling(FM as they call it),than we should see more than double the number of follicles extracted (as per them stemcells extraction)
    6) Birth mark or semi permanent tattoo would have been great for follow up
    I will provide all the above and more for any independent forum member acceptable by majority in my patch test anytime totally free.
    With neversaynever's case ,it will be very difficult to monitor the donor regeneration except around birth mark as healing would have been indistinguishable from the non extracted area perfect by now.
    20 minutes back a forum member from USA just booked his appointment for may 2013 on skype for 3500 grafts donor doubling and he is ready to document his case.
    Hello Dr Nigam,

Regarding the point above highligted, they don't claim more than double with HST compared with FM. As far as I know the improvement was 50% donor regen with FM and with HST they claim 85% regen.

Regarding NSN, I know you say it will be difficult to analyse the donor regrowth, but I think it will be very easy. I'm just waiting for NSN to send me a new shot of the 468 extractions above his left ear to compare it with the after pic of the 468 extractions.

I should be able to find all 468 extractions for regrowth assuming the new picture is good enough. The only problem is there was no before picture of this same area, so we won't actually know how many singles doubles multi's were in this area to begin with, so instead we will just have to settle for a regeneration %.

Quote Originally Posted by didi View Post
    Thats the problem with EU countries, anything releted to stem cells will be difficult to aprove, maybe it can be done but it will take time.

How about Turkey, Istanbul..still Europe but not EU..it would be very cheap to rent space compared to Dubai, London, Paris..has cheap direct flights from anywhere in europe....

If its real, gho will be forced to bring prices down, FUE will be history..
    especially if dr nigam can give us more grafts per session(Gho manages around 1400)...and if he can reduce time between procedures....plus low prices....it blows HST out of the water
    FUE is here to stay for a while. Only about 10% of men fight their hair loss and most of these guys spend their money on CRAP like snake oil shampoos or other garbage. If the awareness was any higher FUE would be a popular and legitimate option for many more men. Prices for it would be forced to drive down but that won't happen anytime soon as the public won't be informed of the new advances so the players can milk the public for a little while longer. They'll drive prices down once they feel the pinch from Gho/Nigam and only if they have enough clinics to take on the world. Once Aderans and Histogen become available, this will hopefully make FUE a stone age procedure (as it should have been decades ago).

Excuse me if this has already been brought up, but are there any studies which have been done to prove safety of the procedure? For the EU to have restrictions on multiplied stem cells & growth factors, there is obviously safety details which remain unknown.

I'm sure a deal breaking factor for potential clients (If hypothetically, your treatment is proven successful); is whether their long term health can be guaranteed following the treatment?

GC,
    Kindly check with NSN,
    yesterday i mailed him few pics both macro and videomicroscopic.Today i will mail him few more.
    The before pics of the donor is there in the pics which i have mailed.
    Recipient regeneration counting, should not be a problem because the bisected grafts were implanted on the temples and hair line,and we have good before pics of the recipient.
    Only issue would be the wounds would have healed totally,hence little difficult to distinguish from the existing grafts.
    But gc you are the pioneer of digital documentation along with IM,you can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Hello Dr Nigam,

Regarding the point above highligted, they don't claim more than double with HST compared with FM. As far as I know the improvement was 50% donor regen with FM and with HST they claim 85% regen.

Regarding NSN, I know you say it will be difficult to analyse the donor regrowth, but I think it will be very easy. I'm just waiting for NSN to send me a new shot of the 468 extractions above his left ear to compare it with the after pic of the 468 extractions.

I should be able to find all 468 extractions for regrowth assuming the new picture is good enough. The only problem is there was no before picture of this same area, so we won't actually know how many singles doubles multi's were in this area to begin with, so instead we will just have to settle for a regeneration %.

Vox,
    Slick bald nw6 will need minimum 300 sqcms bald area to be covered,
    with a density of minimum 30grafts(or 60 hair, if the avg graft=2 follicles)) per sqcm,
    Which means 30x300G=9000 G (or18000 hair,if avg graft=2follicles).
    When i claim 20% regrowth on a slick bald scalp with pure hm in the reference case i mentioned,
    means i am referring to regrowth of approx.3600 hair,
    and in this case mostly central and mid scalp.
    Since we counted the hair manually and not with video microscopic pics ,i said 20 to 30% regrowth,
    This case received his 2nd HM injection on the same day when nsn case was going on, and i introduced both of them as they were 2 different patients in 2 different rooms.
    Cool, thanks. So, can you completely treat a NW6/7 case by repeating this procedure? Do you have any specific plan for such difficult cases?

Will post his picture after few months as some of the members may not be fully satisfied with early 6 weeks result of regrowth of approx,3600 follicles(not grafts)
    Let him get his HM and DPculture injections and wait few more months ,nsn has already seen him in person and spoken to him.
    OK, I will wait for the pictures. Ideally, we need the pictures before and after (days/weeks/months) the procedure also in order to compare. Which of these could you provide?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    Excuse me if this has already been brought up, but are there any studies which have been done to prove safety of the procedure? For the EU to have restrictions on multiplied stem cells & growth factors, there is obviously safety details which remain unknown.
    Exactly. This is why I am not going to do this kind of procedure, although I am a very good gloriously bald candidate. Who will take care of my family and light me a candle when I will rest in my tomb just for a ... hair test? However I can see many singles willing to take the plunge.

Jasari,
    These are some details i can provide you where the world stands on safety of using autologous(your own) stemcells of hair all three typesi.e non activated, activated and multiplied.

1)Pure hair doubling +prp+ non cultured dp cells will not have any safety issue or regulatory issue world wide.
    It is another technique of traditional hair transplantation.
    In some countries isolated activated stemcells and certain growth factors can also be allowed to inject.
    2)The moment you isolate hair stemcells,activate them and inject them it is only allowed as medical procedure in certain countries with monitoring and followup data.
    Only if it is not sold in the market as drug.
    3)Multiplied hair stemcells as drug will need clinical trials in every country.
    Few countries allow the multiplied autologous injections under it's licensed doctor's monitoring at their clinic or hospital as a medical procedure rather than as drug to be marketed ,with restrictions of minimal manipulation and not differentiation into an tissue and they should be registered with the monitoring authority in their respective country and provide followup data with a special consent form signed from the patient with detailed explanation of the procedure and where does the global research stands regarding this procedure with it's pros and cons.
    Regarding available safety data of autologous hair stemcell solution injection --
    a)Intercystix stemcell research company of UK now bought by aderans in US,
    the first company who started clinical trial on the multiplied hair stemcell solution has the oldest safety data available of the 10 year followup on the patients who recieved the stemcell solution injection.As per the safety data submitted in 2012 by aderans ,no significant adverse effect is reported to USA FDA.
    Similarly no significant adverse effect noted by follow up of replicell .If the FDA notices any claim of any adverse effect in the coming years ,it will ask for explanation with documentation from the company and may withdraw the clearance till the safety requirements are met with with further trial.

When these companies get their first clinical trial on humans with 3years of safety data they get their first clearance on safety of the proposed clinical trial,hence the first clinical trial of any drug molecule is the safety trial.
    b)Certain growth factors have FDA clearance for research and certain others for therapy .Different countries have different regulations for these.

If any patient wants details of what is allowed under regulations and what is allowed under clinic research as a volunteer , we explain them .The patient can opt/exclude/include in their procedure or ingredient he/she is comfortable with before signing the consent form..
    In USA my doctor friends have a special consent for prescription of tab. finasteride with it's pros and cons although FDA has approved Finasteride for MPB as a drug long time back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post

I'm sure a deal breaking factor for potential clients (If hypothetically, your treatment is proven successful); is whether their long term health can be guaranteed following the treatment?