+ Reply to Thread

Default Just started Minoxidil 5% 2months ago

At the age of 48. I am receeding at front and it is starting to move back towards crown area but nothing gone at crown yet. I have been able to disguise my front until a couple of years ago so can't complain to much. But still hated losing my hair especially when it is windy or hair gets wet. When i started on the min 5% i also took the plunge and clippered my hair to a 1 all over.! I have noticed lots of fine hairs coming but also the top that had hair seems a bit thinner but then again i am keeping my hair really short.The weirdest thing is that everyone says they really like the short cut and i was paranoid about going out with it at first but it is so much easier not playing with my hair , worrying about wind etc. I am hoping i get some regrowth but think even if i do i will keep the short cut now no matter what .I have had a bit of itchy scalp but nothing major. I know how depressing hair loss is especially when you are young but one thing i wish i had done earlier ,when my hair was still a bit thicker, was buzz cut it so i could see what it looked like. That way it will still grow back but if u get a good response it will also ease worries you have about your look. Hope that makes sense.

Default An update on minoxidil. It definately works i have got

Strong hairs growing now. Started as fine but now maturing into stronger ones. 2 areas have def regrown hair in places it had completely gone. If i had started at a younger age i think the results would have been alot better. I was a non believer but if people can persist it will help.

When did you start noticing reults?? I've been on it 4 months now and have not noticed any major changes. Are you applying it twice a day?

I started applying in Feb after i cut my hair off.and noticed in april very fine hairs but in last month have noticed the last areas to receed have started to fill in! As i said im 48 and never used the stuff as it made my hair greasy at front and i was worried about shedding. It is definately regrowing hair and the fine ones are more mature looking , the next couple of months will be interesting . I tried Procepia but stopped after 3 weeks didnt like the effects as someone else on here described their dick went small and rubbery. I had same and it freaked me a bit so i stopped.That was in may and im feeling ok again now.im not saying i have thick hair again but def some results i wish i had done it few years back when less hair had gone.

And yeah twice a day morning and before bed. I also use caffine shampoo each morning

Good to hear you are getting results. I too wish I would have started earlier. I would probably have a lot more hair. I am on my 5th week on minoxidil, and I haven't noticed any hair growth. It does appear that I am losing alot less hair then I was before.

Good stuff - keep on with the reg as due to hair growth the real benefits will be seen at 8-12 months - keep us informed
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.