Closed Thread

Default Send Spex to the Intetnational Investigative Dermatology meetingà

To Spencer Kobren and Spex

Why not create an amazing show that I'm sure would get your biggest listening figures for a long time. Take advantage of Spex's new connection to the Bald Truth UK and his geographical location and send him to report on the International Investigative Dermatology meeting in Edinburgh. So many important people in the hair loss community are attending and presenting at this meeting that it's almost ridiculous that a radio show all about hair loss is not sending a representative there. I've always wondered why Spencer Kobren does not attend ISHRS meetings and now I feel the same in regards to this. Sure it will cost some money but that's what budgets are for and surely with all Spencer's connections he could get a discount of something. It says the cost for non members is now £650 but I'm sure you could take that out of your budget or listeners could contribute to a collection to send Spex. I haven't listened to the show for ages but would eagerly await such a show and think many others would also. I know it's unlikely that Spencer Kobren will answer but Spex you're usually more present on the forums so an answer would be great.
    Last edited by UK Boy; 04-01-2013 at 05:13 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    To Spencer Kobren and Spex

Why not create an amazing show that I'm sure would get your biggest listening figures for a long time. Take advantage of Spex's new connection to the Bald Truth UK and his geographical location and send him to report on the International Investigative Dermatology meeting in Edinburgh. So many important people in the hair loss community are attending and presenting at this meeting that it's almost ridiculous that a radio show all about hair loss is not sending a representative there. I've always wondered why Spencer Kobren does not attend ISHRS meetings and now I feel the same in regards to this. Sure it will cost some money but that's what budgets are for and surely with all Spencer's connections he could get a discount of something. It says the cost for non members is now £650 but I'm sure you could take that out of your budget or listeners could contribute to a collection to send Spex. I haven't listened to the show for ages but would eagerly await such a show and think many others would also. I know it's unlikely that Spencer Kobren will answer but Spex you're usually more present on the forums so an answer would be great.
    I agree to that. I really wish Spencer Kobren (founder of the IAHRS) would one time attend the ISHRS annual meeting as he is the most credible person in hair restoration industry.

What's wrong with Spex?

I don't know much about him but is he some hair loss guru?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Some guy who basically works for Feller (who only does FUT). For a long time he said FUT was the best and FUE was terrible. Then he also got a job with Feriduni and now says both are pretty good.

He also provides people with sources to buy drugs (finasteride) online without a prescription or the necessary blood work.

His advice can be legit, but it's decent advice with a strong side of personal interest.

Frankly I find him to be highly immoral. Especially on issues like FUE/FUT and buying fin online. Still, it's better than some of the more "mainstream" people out there selling over-priced HT's and laser therapy.

Edit: With that, Spex can get my donation from my cold dead hands!
    To his credit Spex has had SMP from Beauty Medical in Milan and Feller has been trained in this. My only concern about this is that Spex hasnt shaved his head so none of us know what it really looks like. Could be a55.

And yeah Spencer and Spex can afford this out of their own damn tickets!

Ok, well then I think Spex should get himself a ticket and go. If you have a business associated with Fashion you go to Fashion Week. If you have a film company you go to Cannes Film Festival. Spencer and Spex have made hair loss their business - therefore they should be attending these events! Especially when they're right on their doorstep. Spex can fly to Edinburgh in less than an hour. As hosts of the world's only hair loss radio should they should be reporting on this event.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Ok, well then I think Spex should get himself a ticket and go. If you have a business associated with Fashion you go to Fashion Week. If you have a film company you go to Cannes Film Festival. Spencer and Spex have made hair loss their business - therefore they should be attending these events! Especially when they're right on their doorstep. Spex can fly to Edinburgh in less than an hour. As hosts of the world's only hair loss radio should they should be reporting on this event.
    I would be remiss not to!

I have known Spex for a few years now and someone who I consider a friend as do many posters, so I have no issue whatsoever in defending him.

It still amazes me how despite all the help Spex provides to hair loss sufferers whether this is online or offline,publicly or privately, there is still a subset of select individuals out there that are fast to defame and attempt to malign him.

In my opinion, it is clear that many people are jealous of his success with his hair transplants,treatments and his involvement in the industry. I don't see any of the above attempting to step up to the plate and take the responsibility of helping others publicly.

Highlander,
    It is a known fact that you post absolute and pure rubbish, lies and nothing in the slightest constructive. I think this is reinforced by your most recent public statement disclosing that a psychologist has diagnosed you with several mental illnesses.
    I saw you reached out to Spex on his wall in your hour of desperation, and despite all the various attacks and insults you have directed towards him in the past; he yet STILL showed compassion as it would appear by offering to help you by asking you to email him despite this clearly evident and apparent bitterness towards him.
    Did he have to? I think most certainly not.
    I definitely would not and for me personally, I would have washed my hands of you by now. I doubt he will help you any further and rightly so. If Dr Feriduni reads the forum, he will look at Highlander/Scorpion and turn you away for good within ten seconds of reading your posts.

Dr Feller does peform Fue albeit in smaller sessions. He has been since 2002 when Fue become mainstream in North America and only of recent, he has performed on a friend of mine last week for 1053 grafts via Fue.
    It is public knowledge that Dr Feller repaired Spex by Fue and he has always been a big supporter of Fue just in smaller sessions. Spex has always tried to inform patients to the best of his ability regarding the risks and has never succumbed to a lot of the hype surrounding FUE which even to this day a lot of clinics all around the world exploit considerably. Spencer Kobren publically stated on a live show that some of the Fue leading clinics have told him privately in confidentiality they feel Fut is still better.

Kirby,
    Didn't Spex reach out to you on a few topics and email you to also inform you of possible options to help you. You looked very distressed and I even replied to you once on a thread that soon made me realise I was wasting my time with your conduct.

Repeating myself again;did Spex have to help you?

No-but he did if I remember correctly as he usually does. I doubt he will offer you any more support moving forward when you make derisory comments towards him and I don't blame him. You clearly have resentment towards him. Is this because you couldn't afford the blood tests(which don't cost a lot) so he is the enemy now. That would be my logical assumption.

Spex helps so many by making them aware of trusted and legitimate sources of finasteride mediciation from registered GPs in the Uk as many verteran posters do also in order to help patients save money. Go to the GMC website and look up Dr Singh and Dr Ashcroft. They are registered Gps that are very helpful doctors. I looked them up to confirm and have been in contact only recently in the last week with Dr Ashcroft about discussing Finasteride with him in my dad's interest. I get my Finasteride from Dr Singh and I am so glad I do, as it saves me a small fortune. I previously used Propecia prescribed by my GP(no blood tests required) but cost me 50GBP per month.

Kiwi,
    To my knowledge Dr Feller and Dr Lindsey only watched Milena Lardi for the afternoon from what I have read and he is not trained in SMP at all or taken it through into his practice as my friend spoke to him last week.

There is a good video where Spex shaved down to a grade 2 in direct sunlight with wet hair. I do know that Hasson&Wong and Shapiro(SMG) are using Milena's technique in North America. You should look over on the italian forum or on the british forum "Hair Loss Experiences" for Milena Lardi results as there are numerous results on there that look very good and natural. Maybe you could get it done and document it for the entire forum to see.

The documenation I have seen looks very adequate going beyond what most clinics would do in terms of documenting his SMP by doing a live interview of the session with Milena via The Bald Truth Talk, wet HD videos and has had his head inspected and heavily scrutinised in person by Spencer Kobren, Joetronic and other industry experts that have all said it is highly impressive.

Unfortunately, Spex is a very easy target and even more so now as possibly one of the most well-known figures in the industry. I get sick to death of reading the utter rubbish from posters whom known next to nothing about hair restoration, have never even had surgery and yet think they known it all. Most of them are the guys who clearly have psychological issues outside of hair loss or individuals that have been burnt by the industry, and continue to reside on the forums with an axe to grind.

I read this from Spex on another forum:

Guys,

I appreciate there is some concern along with some misunderstandings about my integrity. I’d like the opportunity to share my perspective. I work tirelessly for and in this industry to make a difference. As many know this is close to my heart and why I’m so passionate to create changes, because I was taken advantage of. It’s a form of abuse. I don’t want anyone else to go through what I went through. This isn’t about the money for me, despite that being a projection onto me. I do this primarily for the cause to give patients another way.

It is my mission and ethos to constantly bring cutting edge information, successful and innovative options to empower hair loss sufferers in order to get them the best and most appropriate treatments through products and surgeons that I believe have integrity and are empathic to the hair loss sufferer.

In response to my recent decision to represent Dr. Feriduni, I would like to confirm that I have not completely changed my opinion on FUE. I am not promoting mega session FUE contrary to what people are implying. For the record, I have never stated FUE or that mega session FUE is now the only way to go in anyway shape or form despite the fact Dr. Feriduni offers this treatment as well as FUT. I have NOT had a complete change of heart. I have certainly seen more consistent results with larger FUE sessions, as we all have, and I mentioned it publicly a few months ago. I live and breathe the developments in this world we are immersed in. I’ve been visiting clinics, reviewing procedures like FUE in depth and constantly investigating through research and experientially through visiting/meeting different practices as well as surgeons all the time.

I’m trying to help provide patients options especially in light of how the industry is in fact evolving, hard to deny, something most people I’m sure see as a positive, as I certainly do. Some will say I should have evolved sooner, however I am only human and have tried to do my best by all patients, despite some opinions of me. I have NOT had a complete change of opinion however. I’m simply evolving and always trying to with the industry. My opinion on FUE was and like many in the industry still is, that FUE is generally more successful for smaller sessions. This is still the opinion of many respected FUE surgeons. After actually spending time over the last few months meeting specific patients and doctors and travelling to different clinics I have been educated as to some facts I was unaware of previously, and happy to admit it. I have certainly learnt more about FUE, and I wanted to learn more and set out to and took it upon myself to do so. I have certainly gained insight into the different protocols within certain clinics. In particular, as a result of spending time with Dr. Feriduni and learning from him, his team and seeing him work along with his recent results in person, my opinion simply needed to evolve regarding FUE.

Despite this, if I had my time again I would still go strip, as strip doesn’t cause me concern, based on my goal, as it does others. So readers please do not misunderstand my opinion on FUE and how my opinion on it has slightly changed and how in fact come about. I’m simply warmer to larger sessions in the right hands, and I think others also are who had a similar opinion to me previously, in light of the evidence we are getting presented with. FUE is certainly at a turning point and larger sessions can help certain individuals I agree, more individuals that I previously thought possible. I apologies to posters/patients who feel my previous opinion was outdated or wrong. I’m certainly not perfect, I don’t pretend to be, we all make mistakes, that’s how we learn, adapt and evolve.

All surgery presents risks - I have tried to help educate many patients with surgery risks and information generally over the years. The risks with FUE is something that made me a little opinionated, especially after seeing posters, meeting and interacting with so many unsatisfied FUE patients over the last several years along with being a multiple FUE patient myself. One thing for sure it was not due to me wanting to ‘sell’ only strip. I’m a 6 time FUE successful patient myself. I simply try to help based on what I felt to be accurate, as we all do.

I’ve attempted to help as many people as possible and guide patients based on my own experiences and the experienced opinions of respected leading surgeons and other actual patients I’ve previously met or interacted from a variety of clinics over 10+ years. Has my service been satisfactory to everyone I have interacted with, how could it be, that would be impossible. I’m inundated with requests and I aim to do my best by everyone. I have indeed put myself out to help and I will strive to continue to do all I can.

I try to bring awareness, as I believe you should go into this industry with your eyes open. Being informed is key! It's vital the patient understands all the risks involved with FUE and FUT surgery in general and in depth and they understand the numerous variables present from patient to patient with HT surgery, and this is what I try to do. I’m here to learn too however - and I’m always open to learning. It's important prospective patients make their own informed decision based on their own research too and learn from others before them.

My advice is research HT’s extensively as I have, and be aware of all the risks with it and certainly meet actual patients and consult several leading surgeons in person if possible. There is no substitute for meeting a Doc in the flesh to assess you and your eligibility for surgery. Learn how their philosophies differ, as no two docs are the same and no two patients are the same. Keep sessions sizes and goals realistic and its also very important keep your expectations in check. This isn’t a miracle cure!

Also understand we are all different in terms of our physiology too. Make sure there is a Doctor involved at/in your surgery and he has an open mind to both techniques in order to maximise donor supply too. Different clinics have good consistency with FUT and FUE and they will/should all tell you there are no guarantees with any surgery. I am not a doctor as my website and forum signatures state. I’m simply a patient who has had 10 HT surgeries and a patient who continues to do his best to educate others and I will endeavour to do so to the best of my ability.

There are horses for courses in life, I might not be everyone’s cup of tea. I couldn’t possibly be, I’m just out there doing what I do and helping who I can along the way get better informed to make choices that don’t abuse them in the process. I can safely say i have saved 1000's of patients from being abused. I certainly wish you all well and best with your own HT journeys. I do not intend to retort as I’ve done my best to try inform you of my opinion and don’t have anything else to say on the matter despite any direction my reply is taken.

Finally, Boberto,
    I hear you and understand your frustration toward me, which was ignited as a result of Dr. Feller keeping your deposit. I was very much in your corner, as I am for all my clients, and did my best to speak to Dr Feller in your defence and I’m sorry it resulted the way it did. I do understand why you would feel I let you down, however it wasn’t my decision to make. If it had been, I would have gladly helped in light of your situation and the fact we had spoken on the phone numerous times over the years, knowing you are a decent guy. Without going over old ground I’m sorry that it turned out the way it did, however often the messenger gets shot. I only wish you the very best with your recent Dr Bisanga session, a Doc I have recommended in my literature for over 2 years.

Regards
    Spencer

That was a very long winded `no`.