• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thechamp
    • Jan 2011

Baldness cure still ten years away:(

• Lowlow
    • Apr 2011

The guy quoted as saying that a cure is at least ten years away is a chief hair surgeon in his own practise. It is not in his personal financial interest to say otherwise.

Comment

• Morbo
      • Jan 2012

If I had 100 % waterproof guarantee that there would be a cure for baldness in 10 years, I'd be a very happy man. Unfortunately he says "at least a decade away", which is the same as saying "there's nothing concrete, it's not for the near future and could be between 10 and 10 billion years".

Comment

• jman91
        • Jan 2012

i really can't stand Bill Gates. He goes on about the woes of capitalism, when he owes his fortune to it. Furthermore, he preaches about charity like a lot of rich celebrities when if he truly, truly cared then surely he should write a cheque for $66,980,000,000 leaving him with a comfortable $10 million...or even no money as i'm sure he could make a healthy living giving talks and writing books etc. seems like a bit of a hypocrite to me....

Comment

• BoSox
          • Jun 2010

I saw Dr Robert Leonard back in 2007.. He's well respected in his field and probably knows hair loss more than anybody i know.

If he says its at least 10 years away, i trust his opinion.

Nothing anytime soon. This is balls.

Comment

• jman91
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by BoSox
            I saw Dr Robert Leonard back in 2007.. He's well respected in his field and probably knows hair loss more than anybody i know.

If he says its at least 10 years away, i trust his opinion.

Nothing anytime soon. This is balls.
            well 2017 isnt too far now!

Comment

• fred970
              • Nov 2009

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Saying that while having a ****ing full head of hair. He doesn't know what what us, hair loss sufferers go through.

Comment

• caddarik79
                • Feb 2013

guyzz look around you, read posts about Gho and Nigam, it's coming, the cure is coming!!!

Yes Bill Gates, he is not wrong but not right either, it's nothing to compare, money should go for health in general...less in weapons, cars, and visiting Mars...I'm waiting to see him really giving is 90% fortune to charity before listening to his bullshits.

I postulate that if men can cure their hairloss, it will have a huge social impact as well, less depressed, more productive, more competition, more inputs!!!

Ok life is not about hairs, it's just that any kind of discrimnation when it comes to health, as a big impact on the mental of people who have to face it!!!

Comment

• BaldinLikeBaldwin
                  • Apr 2012

lousy article. MPB centered research is funded by peanut money considering the amount of psychological suffering it causes. name me any other disease that causes mental anguish as MPB..

and going by the numbers in the article only about 20% of men have MPB in the US & UK?

Comment

• caddarik79
                    • Feb 2013

and last time, I thought to myself that Gho and hair stem cells of hair multiplication should be more discussed on mainstream social networks like Facebook or Twitter, this would put a big pressure and a boost in the field!!!

Comment

• john2399
                      • Jan 2012

Depends of what his definition of a hairloss cure is. He may not view histogen or aderans as a cure but it for some of us that is all we need to help us improve our life. Shutup with the 10 years away bullcrap.

Comment

• hellouser
                        • May 2012

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
                        name me any other disease that causes mental anguish as MPB.
                        Easy;

tinnitus and multiple sclerosis can be and usually are far more devastating.

I have tinnitus myself but a mild case. my mom has a really bad case of it and is near suicidal because of it.

Comment

• krewel
                          • Aug 2011

Thechamp, from my objective point of view, I am certain that there will be a solution within the next years, which will be satisfying for most of us unless you really want the hairline of a 10y old kid.

Originally posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin
                          lousy article. MPB centered research is funded by peanut money considering the amount of psychological suffering it causes. name me any other disease that causes mental anguish as MPB..
                          There are at least 100 diseases which are 10x worse. I am 22 and NW4-5 and hair loss really has made bad changes in my life but there are really worse diseases. Got a friend with a hard case of Psoriasis, I don't want to be in his shoes.

Comment

• fred970
                            • Nov 2009

I agree that tinnitus, or even eye floaters is far worse. But diseases that affect your appearance, there aren't many, I mean many that are as common as male pattern baldness.

Psoriasis is way more manageable than MPB, when you educate yourself enough about it.

Comment

• krewel
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fred970
                              Psoriasis is way more manageable than MPB, when you educate yourself enough about it.
                              Not sure if trolling. So you would change your MPB with Psoriasis?

Comment

Working...