+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I saw Dr Robert Leonard back in 2007.. He's well respected in his field and probably knows hair loss more than anybody i know.

If he says its at least 10 years away, i trust his opinion.

Nothing anytime soon. This is balls.

He's a hair transplant surgeon, I doubt he understands much about the actual science behind hair loss.

Kind of like asking why we spend more money on TV:s, boats, clothes or any other item or activity that increases your quality of life than on Malaria. Shouldn't working people be allowed to spend their own money on whatever they see fit? And why should hairloss cures be considered more unnecesary then other crap people spend money on.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I saw Dr Robert Leonard back in 2007.. He's well respected in his field and probably knows hair loss more than anybody i know.

If he says its at least 10 years away, i trust his opinion.

Nothing anytime soon. This is balls.
    IMO, we don't need a literal cure as such in the medium term, the main priority is effective (and safer) treatments... If there was something that could regrow a decent amount of hair, preferably without daily or twice daily use, we'd be sorted.

Microsoft spent billions on research and development and marketing on nonessential products mainly geared towards entertainment. This money could up have been spent on disease research. In short, **** him.

Yeah agreed Bill gates can shove it. That being said though I do respect his work on disease research by putting money and work into it. Its a good cause and he really is trying to help a lot of less fortunate people. Not everyone with his success would try to help less fortunate people.

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    Microsoft spent billions on research and development and marketing on nonessential products mainly geared towards entertainment. This money could up have been spent on disease research. In short, **** him.
    Microsoft is a public company. The CEO of a public company is responsible to the shareholders; he can't just declare "Screw the profit motive -- let's spend our money on stuff that helps mankind instead" and stay CEO for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post

Lastly, Bill Gates is a total hypocrite. He rails against a system from which he has profited from more than any individual on this planet. Additionally, he has a full head of hair himself so he could not possibly comprehend the physical, psychological, and emotional suffering that hair loss causes.

Agree that he took advantage of the system - no doubt about it. He produced crappy products and got away with it. Did plenty of unethical things to word perfect, novell, netscape and who knows who else. But something happened to him when he got married circa 2000. His wife got to him somehow and changed him for the better. I don't know how, but she did and that is when he became a more respectable person.

And no , he does not have a full head of hair for himself. He has a huge baldspot and had not done anything about it. I have no idea if that was his wife's doing but he has not fixed it and you know he could in a heartbeat if he wanted to. Bill Gates was a bad person but somehow got fixed by his wife.

Someone else said this, but the issue completely depends upon what the definition of 'cure' is taken to be. I think to most laypeople, a cure means a medicine that either transforms follicles to be immune to DHT or causes a man suffering hair loss to re-grow a full head of hair. If that's the standard, then sure, we're a long way away.

But most people on this forum take 'cure' to be 'donor regeneration,' which could enable us to have enough HTs to restore a full head of hair. I don't think members of the general public view multiple surgical procedures as a 'cure.' But that's what we're chasing, and there's a good chance that arrives within the decade.

If this were a womans problem we'd have had a cure 50 years ago. Nobody gives a shit about mens problems. Everything male health related is a joke.

Bill Burr nailed it:

I think we get 1800 numbers, you [women] got ribbons, there’s groups; people give a shit. Anything happens to a guy, it’s just considered funny. Some woman cut her husband’s dick off, threw in the garbage disposal and turned it on. People thought it was hilarious, I mean, hey, hey, stumpy, nobody cares.

Do you think if a guy removed a woman’s titty and threw it in the drier anybody will be joking about it the next day? The entire country would grind to a halt; it’d be a moment of silence; the NFL would have some special colored headband everybody had to wear for an entire month. The most a-feminine color they could possibly come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    If this were a womans problem we'd have had a cure 50 years ago. Nobody gives a shit about mens problems. Everything male health related is a joke.

Bill Burr nailed it:

Come on guys, he gives no reason for his conclusion, just "its ten years away". Why? Where is this forecast coming from? zilch facts or even going through his assumptions that lead him to his forecast. nothign. ]

this is just a filler article with a played out headline topic.