+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Depends of what his definition of a hairloss cure is. He may not view histogen or aderans as a cure but it for some of us that is all we need to help us improve our life. Shutup with the 10 years away bullcrap.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    name me any other disease that causes mental anguish as MPB.
    Easy;

tinnitus and multiple sclerosis can be and usually are far more devastating.

I have tinnitus myself but a mild case. my mom has a really bad case of it and is near suicidal because of it.

Thechamp, from my objective point of view, I am certain that there will be a solution within the next years, which will be satisfying for most of us unless you really want the hairline of a 10y old kid.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldinLikeBaldwin View Post
    lousy article. MPB centered research is funded by peanut money considering the amount of psychological suffering it causes. name me any other disease that causes mental anguish as MPB..
    There are at least 100 diseases which are 10x worse. I am 22 and NW4-5 and hair loss really has made bad changes in my life but there are really worse diseases. Got a friend with a hard case of Psoriasis, I don't want to be in his shoes.

I agree that tinnitus, or even eye floaters is far worse. But diseases that affect your appearance, there aren't many, I mean many that are as common as male pattern baldness.

Psoriasis is way more manageable than MPB, when you educate yourself enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Psoriasis is way more manageable than MPB, when you educate yourself enough about it.
    Not sure if trolling. So you would change your MPB with Psoriasis?

In a heartbeat: http://www.health.com/health/conditi...280091,00.html

"The good news is that psoriasis is manageable, manageable now to the point that for the majority of patients we can completely clear the skin of all skin lesions and do so fairly safely."

That article is just so flawed that I do not take it seriously at all. I laugh when Dr. Leonard claims that a cure for baldness is at least a decade away. It seems like just about every hair transplant surgeon claims that a cure or a truly effective hair loss treatment is at least a decade away. It is so obvious to me why they all seem to concur on this: because this type of thinking furthers their financial interest. If a truly effective and less-invasive treatment for hair loss comes to fruition, these hair transplant doctors would lose large amounts of money and their clinics would likely even go out of business. So these doctors want hair loss sufferers to believe that better and less-invasive treatments are far from a reality so that these sufferers will rush out and get a hair transplant instead of waiting for much better treatments, which I am sure are not “at least a decade away”.

Second, I highly doubt that hair loss research receives more funding than malaria research. There are only a handful of companies in the entire world that are attempting to cure hair loss! Bill Gates cited some figure from the ISHRS, but I wouldn’t trust that organization to take out my garbage, let alone provide me with factual information. That organization has no quality standards for admission (they let virtually anyone in) as evidenced by the fact that many well-known hair transplant butchers are proud members of that organization. Hell, the president of the ISHRS is Carlos Puig and that guy has been butchering and disfigured patients for decades!

Lastly, Bill Gates is a total hypocrite. He rails against a system from which he has profited from more than any individual on this planet. Additionally, he has a full head of hair himself so he could not possibly comprehend the physical, psychological, and emotional suffering that hair loss causes.

Dr Leonard is a douche bag.

That 10 year figure is crap and doesn't take into consideration Gho or Histogen actually working.

Hair Transplant surgeons won't give new technology the light of day and I agree with a previous comment about the fefination of cure.

Psychological cure for me is halting my hair loss and adding enough density back over the years to allude / fake a full head of hair.

Why didn't he say that a cure for kiwi and millions of less precious baldies is closer then you think.

Anyway why the ****is bill gates saying anything at all about this???? And **** you and your 10 year bullshit statement.

For such a smart guy its a pretty stupid question. I mean MPB is way way more common then malaria is. Yes malaria is much worse, but baldness certainly affects the lives of men. I mean many cancer patients care more about the outward appearance of losing their hair then the fact they are actually dying.
    So MPB is just way more common so there is more interest in it pretty simple really. Most men dont wake up and battle malaria.

Bill Gates: Why do we care more about baldness than malaria?

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I mean many cancer patients care more about the outward appearance of losing their hair then the fact they are actually dying.

I highly doubt that is the case!