+ Reply to Thread

Default Partition to Gho to IAHRS 2013

I think Dr Gho should present at this years annual IAHRS conference and show off his work. He should teach people / show it to his peers.

If Gho does this and can prove publicly to everybody it's game over - he wins and FUE is changed forever.

Nigram should go to - they should both show off and present or both get sodded by giant horses!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I think Dr Gho should present at this years annual IAHRS conference and show off his work. He should teach people / show it to his peers.
    Would YOU attend (again) such a BUSINESS MEETING…
    http://www.baldingblog.com/2009/08/1...air-to-regrow/

…when you already know that “the chairman” will public attack and blame you thereafter?

I would rather proceed with my work instead of discussing it with incompetent jerks. But that's just my personal opinion...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gho-Rassman.jpg

Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	20182  

Yes.

He'd be going for us not Rassman.

Yes.

He'd be going for us not Rassman.
    And what should he present?
    "Hi guys - here is my rocket science: I can make 2 hair follicles from 1!!!

Yes

Adding words here for no reason except dumb forum software want it

Yes
    No - and I will tell you why; at least that's what I think:

First of all, concerning the HST technique, Dr. Gho has indeed nothing new or something "groundbreaking" to report about the technique per se, because there is (public) nothing new about it at all.

Second, and that's what I think:
    In the 1st Kobren/Gho interview, Dr. Gho mentioned that he is working on a bigger HST study (as already indirect mentioned in his 1st study concerning the "clinical relevance") with this time around 100-200 participants/trailists/subjects or whatever you call them.

So the 1st step would be PUBLISHING the study with the results in a medical journal again (that takes time!) and, as usual, presenting the study-results/findings at such meetings THEREAFTER - that's the usual way in this field.

I certainly hope you're right

We would all like HST to become a standard procedure in the future, like FUE and strip are today. Giving patients a procedure that doesn't produce visible scarring and preserves a great portion of their donor is a huge deal and I hope it can happen soon for the sake of patients who are considering hair transplants. Of course, Gho deserves to be compensated for his work and selective with who he shares his technique with it, but I hope we can see it outside of HASCI someday soon.

Not only that, I think it would be better if the emphasis of Gho's work is on his research rather than hair transplants. HST is a huge improvement as it is but there needs to be further improvements to make this a more mainstream, realistic option. The main way to do this is by either decreasing the time required to achieve full restorations or by decreasing the costs. For example, something like HST 3.0 would be a huge deal - speaking of which, how is that going IM

I think this will be the biggest contribution and open up an entirely new and improved way of looking at hair transplants and the beginnings of what might end up as a comprehensive cure for hair loss. Once you introduce a method to achieve hair multiplication, the rest, while far from trivial, is fine tuning.

I'm really looking forward to the 50 graft test procedure that HASCI is apparently organizing next week. If everything is documented properly, we'll see exactly how well HST can work. After that, the debate on the procedure will hopefully be over and we can focus on other initiatives.