+ Reply to Thread

Default When to call it quits with rogaine?

Hey all been on finasteride for about 4 months now and seems to be doing a nice job of thickening up my hair, however my temples are where the problem is. I've been using rogaine foam for 6 months now and my hairline has only gotten worse. Should I stick with it or give it up? I was hoping to get all the small hairs around my hairline to regrow but they just seem to be shedding still, I can easily pull them out of my head

It can take up to 18 months to see the 'full' results of any hair loss medication.

I agree with my itsmyhairs. At least 12 months, but you want to give it 18 months.

I'm not calling you a liar, i'll take your word for it, but if you are able to can you show us a picture of baseline and a picture of your 6 months after Rogaine? Sometimes your mind can play tricks on you when you are treating your hair and you obsess over your pictures. You feel that your hair is getting worse, when in reality it actually either stayed the same or got better.

You know how treating your hair can be? You ever been in the window side of an airplane? And you look outside and only see clouds it seems like the airplane is not moving, or moving like a snail. I don't know, but that's how I see airplanes moving in the inside looking out. I think that's how treating hair loss is too, it looks super slow, some times like you aren't going anywhere when you are looking outside; just let it get its destination and land. It's not going to get there any faster by you looking out. You could take the clouds surrounding the airplane and blocking your view, as the clouds surrounding the treatments, will they work, when will these clouds move out of the way so that I can see my results, the city, the land. It takes time but you'll get there eventually.

Haha yeah i see where your coming from, i thought to myself well ill use fin and minox and get on with life, and if that doesnt work ill just have to accept it, but it does feel like its eating away at my hairline where i'm putting the minox on.

the first picture is how my hair is, pretty much getting to the point where i cant have it like that anymore now because every time its windy or the windows are down in the car you can see how bad my hairline is and im tired of hiding it.

when i started the treatments my hairline was fairly strong, there were long thick hairs all where the tiny thin ones are around my temples. im 90% sure of it. i thought it was just shedding but the packet says if you dont see results after 6 months you probably wont see any at all. im not looking to go back to NW1 i just want to go back to a solid slightly receeded hairline without all the thin whispyness

Im so tired of feeling so concious about it but im not going to be that guy who wears hats everywhere. Everywhere i go i just look at peoples hair, how it looks on them looking for other young guys with baldness. its a real kick in the guts when you see guys 30 odd years older than you with better hair than you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG

Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	20180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.JPG

Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	20181  

Quote Originally Posted by Iambannana View Post
    Haha yeah i see where your coming from, i thought to myself well ill use fin and minox and get on with life, and if that doesnt work ill just have to accept it, but it does feel like its eating away at my hairline where i'm putting the minox on.

the first picture is how my hair is, pretty much getting to the point where i cant have it like that anymore now because every time its windy or the windows are down in the car you can see how bad my hairline is and im tired of hiding it.

when i started the treatments my hairline was fairly strong, there were long thick hairs all where the tiny thin ones are around my temples. im 90% sure of it. i thought it was just shedding but the packet says if you dont see results after 6 months you probably wont see any at all. im not looking to go back to NW1 i just want to go back to a solid slightly receeded hairline without all the thin whispyness

Im so tired of feeling so concious about it but im not going to be that guy who wears hats everywhere. Everywhere i go i just look at peoples hair, how it looks on them looking for other young guys with baldness. its a real kick in the guts when you see guys 30 odd years older than you with better hair than you
    Really a tough ride. I went through a shed about 9 months ago. It is only coming back just about now. I would suggest a _much_ shorter hair style for you btw. Letting you hair grow longer just makes it harder to manage and make it look like you are trying to hide it.

Fight it the best you can, and shortening your hair length dramatically may cause you to appear to have much more density.

Good luck

yeah i know kinda to scared to go to the hairdresser now with how shit my hairline has gone, its always been this long though which is why its hard to cut and why it took so long for me to notice how bad it had gotten. wanted to go short sides spiky on top buut doubt it would look good now