+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

That certainly is an impressive website. I must admit that, to this day, i have not researched Dr Gho's procedures fully.
    Lets see where this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    That whole photo section on the site is pretty worthless IMHO. Without knowing how many grafts were transplanted, how can you even judge any of those pictures ? Some of the pictures would be simply stunning if the patient got 600 grafts, but would be really disappointing if if were 6000.
    Arashi

In your opinion, why do you think they publish such average results when there have clearly been better results posted on various forums and there must be better ones elsewhere, given Gho's extensive number of patients?

Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

As far as Im concerned, I look for an IMPROVEMENT to my hair loss, NOT for a 'cure'...Those photos show DECENT IMPROVEMENTS to hair loss.
    Im not saying that this is the way to go,,Im just commenting on its imagery itself

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Arashi

In your opinion, why do you think they publish such average results when there have clearly been better results posted on various forums and there must be better ones elsewhere, given Gho's extensive number of patients?
    It beats me. Maybe they want to give a realistic impression of what can be attained with, for example, 1000-1600 grafts. But then, why don't they mention the number of grafts ?

All in all I think that photo section on their website is pretty bad as it is. If they just want to impress us with what can be done, given enough money then the section clearly failed, since none of the photo's show us anything that can't be done with regular FUE. Heck, like everybody says, there are better FUE results out there (from people who got 10k grafts, or even with 4k grafts some better results can be attained than any of these photo's show us).

If the goal of the section is to show us a realistic picture of what can be done with 1000-1600 grafts, they should at least mention the number of grafts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi View Post
    Heck, like everybody says, there are better FUE results out there (from people who got 10k grafts, or even with 4k grafts some better results can be attained than any of these photo's show us).
    I would say 1-1.8k

If the results are for 1,000 - 1,800 grafts then I can live with those results given the low graft count. The procedure with Gho is bloody expensive as hell though. I mean suppose they did show complete NW6/7 to NW1 restoration... how badly would the public be turned off if they found out the price?

1,600 / typical procedure
    Approx 10,000-15,000 grafts to cover NW6
    Lets use 12,000 / 1,600 = 7.5 visits

At about $12,200 USD / visit (1,600 grafts) this 7 procedures would cost you a whopping $85,400 USD. And thats a MINIMUM. Space that 9 months apart and your waiting a little over FIVE YEARS (9 months apart per session). Are you really going to piss away $85,000+ and wait 5 years minimum just to get your hair back?

If Gho can do something to get it up to the 3,000 graft count for everyone, this would essentially bring the costs to about $16,000 USD per session but would only require 4 sessions, a total of 3 years in total $64,000.

Putting down the $15,000 for 1-3 procedures is perfectly fine, a couple touch-ups to restore a normal look is also fine, but to expect 7+ visits and wait so long and pay SO much is way out of reach for a huge majority of the public. Something HAS to be done about that.

Where the f*ck is Dr. Lauster's work?! Shouldn't we already have a cure available as a standard procedure when he grew artificial follicles in a petri dish over TWO YEARS AGO? What the hell is taking so long? Why are mens problems seen as such a JOKE?

I don't know why they don't put the graft numbers there. Even the pictures are mostly the same ones from years back. If they really want to highlight their procedure, there's many pictures they could acquire from celebrities (Sneijder, Joling) and forum posters (tobban, nijmegen, gc, even neversaynever).

I think the results section on their site is something they could definitely improve on. To be fair though, I think it's better to put results like this rather than unrealistic, best-case scenarios or dense-packs on a NW2 like some other clinics do.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Go to Rahal's web site and look at his results.

Heck - look at Spex's results.

Either I am severely mislead, or you can do it.

These guys after a HT, still look like they are balding.
    Spex had 9 or 10 HTs
    Most of the impressive results from H&W and Rahal are for ppl with 3000+
    grafts.
    I hope HASCI add the number of grafts for those results, cause if all of them had only one procedure with less than 2000 grafts, then i would say their results are pretty impressive for the number of grafts they received considering the advanced nw level they are at.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Spex had 9 or 10 HTs
    Most of the impressive results from H&W and Rahal are for ppl with 3000+
    grafts.
    I hope HASCI add the number of grafts for those results, cause if all of them had only one procedure with less than 2000 grafts, then i would say their results are pretty impressive for the number of grafts they received considering the advanced nw level they are at.
    And whats your point?

Based on the photo gallery I am likely to choose rahal, ferundi over gho. Spex etc has proven that you can get a natural/dense looking result.

Gho should be showcasing his best results as well as his average ones...after a HT they all look like they are thinning. Making the procedure a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    And whats your point?

Based on the photo gallery I am likely to choose rahal, ferundi over gho. Spex etc has proven that you can get a natural/dense looking result.

Gho should be showcasing his best results as well as his average ones...after a HT they all look like they are thinning. Making the procedure a waste of time.
    dude my point is very simple, go to those doctors you mentioned and collect their results of those who had less than 2000 grafts on the same nw level. then you can compare.
    it's ridiculous to compare an HT with 5000 grafts to another one with 1500 grafts... or a person who had 10 HTs with someone who had only one.

if you wanna get as much grafts as possible in one pass, and you are not concerned about donor limitation or scaring, then simply HST is not for you.