Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wolver8
    • Mar 2013

What shower filter is everyone using

Which is the best shower head filter that you have used ?

Was looking into buying this Sprite kdf filter:

I read that kdf does not block "chloramines" though, which is supposedly being used in approximately 1 out of 5 homes in the U.S. Chloramine is basically Chlorine mixed with Ammonia. So a kdf filter would not be effective if you fell into "1 of the 5 homes". I read this all on the EPA website. http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesr...ines_index.cfm

Vitamin C filters are supposed to filter out Chloramine and Chlorine.

Honestly it seems like I should be more worried about Flouride.......but all of the research I've done does not conclude how much flouride actually affects the hair follicles and the thyroid gland. Any dermatologists in the building ?

Anyway, what is everyone's set up. Any feedback is appreciated...
  • Kayman
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by wolver8

I read that kdf does not block "chloramines" though, which is supposedly being used in approximately 1 out of 5 homes in the U.S. Chloramine is basically Chlorine mixed with Ammonia. So a kdf filter would not be effective if you fell into "1 of the 5 homes". I read this all on the EPA website. http://water.epa.gov/lawsregs/rulesr...ines_index.cfm

Honestly it seems like I should be more worried about Flouride.......but all of the research I've done does not conclude how much flouride actually affects the hair follicles and the thyroid gland. Any dermatologists in the building ?

I don't think a shower head is going to make any difference to your mpb whatsoever.

Comment

• pipiper
      • Feb 2020

Originally posted by wolver8

I read that kdf does not block "chloramines" though, which is supposedly being used in approximately 1 out of 5 homes in the U.S. Chloramine is basically Chlorine mixed with Ammonia. So a kdf filter would not be effective if you fell into "1 of the 5 homes".

Troubleshooting! The softener shower head can effectively improve the condition of your hair and skin. Review these informative descriptions now.

Honestly it seems like I should be more worried about Flouride.......but all of the research I've done does not conclude how much flouride actually affects the hair follicles and the thyroid gland.

Any dermatologists in the building ?

I use the AquaHomeGroup filter shower head. I know this soft water shower head is recommended by my hairdresser. It effectively reduces chlorine, rust and other deposits. My hair became supple, the itching of my skin gradually disappeared, and my skin was no longer dry and peeling.

Comment

Working...