+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Has Baldness Changed your Life?

Have you noticed any major changes in your habits or in your life arising from baldness? I made the observation that my grades went way up after I started noticing I was balding. Now that I've shaved my head and pretty much gotten over my hair, my grades are falling again.

I wasn't thinking "ooh my hair is getting bad, I'd better get good grades to compensate." It just kind of...happened. As my self esteem fell, my grades rose. Maybe they aren't even related, but I can't help but associate the two with one another.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this, where they improved or declined dramatically in some area of their life, just from hair loss?

I started lifting and eating better. School has remained pretty constant, although I'm happy as hell I went to get my Master's and had a ton of internships to launch me into a lucrative, enjoyable (as it can be) career.

Drastically, and in every way. But, a lot of things have.

I buzzed it and moved on. No change. Except it's colder up here, much colder. Oh and Im not looking forward to it being sunny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingCow View Post
    Have you noticed any major changes in your habits or in your life arising from baldness? I made the observation that my grades went way up after I started noticing I was balding. Now that I've shaved my head and pretty much gotten over my hair, my grades are falling again.

I wasn't thinking "ooh my hair is getting bad, I'd better get good grades to compensate." It just kind of...happened. As my self esteem fell, my grades rose. Maybe they aren't even related, but I can't help but associate the two with one another.

Has anyone else experienced something similar to this, where they improved or declined dramatically in some area of their life, just from hair loss?
    Is it called The Laughing Cow or La Vache Qui Rit? Are you french by the way?

Laughing Cow Cheese is the brand's name in America, where I live.

Um...well, before hair loss I struggled with self/body image for most of my life. I could well be in the minority here, when I realized I was losing my hair, my confidence with women was attacked at its core. I spent about a year and a half in a sort of self-imposed sexually catatonic state, being too scared to even desire most women without immediately feeling like some sort of creepy and oblivious caricature of a man; I felt that as a man with thinning hair, all attention I payed to women would be unwanted attention.

I've felt way saner in the last couple of years, regarding that issue. But at first, hair loss sent me farther off the deep end than I've ever been thrown. What does it mean to be a bald man in society? What does it mean for me to be bald?
    The fact that I was/am not in any way a prime example of tough, manly masculinity, seemed to compound my fears. My hair was part of my context in the world, as a shimmering, effete, Bowie-esque man-child. Those qualities don't work so well with a bald head.

I looked into this and the psychology behind going bald is actually biologically based. Hair's function is to give off signals of age and sexual maturity. Losing it messes with our heads (no pun intended).

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

I think it changed my life by making me shower everyday and making me taking pills and topical solutions everyday.

It also made me look in the mirror more often, looking at my hair more often, looking at other people's hair more often, and becoming really appearance critical.

It also affected my self esteem a bit but i'm over it because there were people far worst than me when I went to the clinic to ask about it.

It made me become an ass to my exes because I don't take shit anymore and I feel like it I can't have my hair (even though its only receded a bit at the hairline and fin thickened up my whole head), then bitches can't deserve what they want. This is also an esteem issue I believe but it's starting to feel more and more normal and the people I've been meeting seem to do the same, making this feel like an okay thing to do.

Looks like a lonely future ahead for me. At least I can say I haven't been whipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    It made me become an ass to my exes because I don't take shit anymore and I feel like it I can't have my hair (even though its only receded a bit at the hairline and fin thickened up my whole head), then bitches can't deserve what they want.
    In my opinion, that's a good mindset to have with women (at least in your teens to mid-20's.) Treat girls like dirt and they'll stick to you like mud. I regret that I didn't understand that concept until my early 20's.

I'm fairly certain that game fails much more often by your mid to late 20's, but the impact it has before that is astounding.