X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FineHair
    • Oct 2012

Natural Hair Loss Treatment

Hi,

I shaved my head bald and would like to start from scratch. I've read about how it's smart to making your own shampoo/conditioner homemade as many products in the market have bad chemicals.

In addition, I have heard great stuff about all these oils. I'm not sure with which one I should start with? Does anyone have any positive experience with the following oils?: Lavender Essential oils, Jamaican Black Castor oil, pure organic unrefined coconut oil, rosewater, almond oil, tea tree oil.

Also, has anyone had positive results with biotin? If so, what strength? What about MSM?
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

I'd prefer to go the natural route over fin, dut, minoxidil any day, twice on Sundays. But the truth is there are no studies to prove any claim for any of these natural treatments.

I heard anything from Saw Palm., beta sitosterol, bunch of oils, etc. But have seen no before and after pictures of any one taking them. Those who show before and after results, are already on fin and minoxidil so it's hard to say how much these natural treatments are doing for their MPB.

Biotin and MSM are simply to grow hair faster, not to thicken hair, or stop shedding, or slow down MPB. You're existing hair grows faster, that's all it is. I've used Biotin and MSM before, all it made me do is have to get haircuts more often, and I mean that in a bad way. The longer my hair is=the more noticeable my balding gets.

Biotin and MSM are good however, if you're already on a good, proven treatment like fin/dut+rogaine, or if you got an HT. I mean you can always try it on there own, MSM+Biotin+Silica+Garlic oil+all that stuff you want to use, but just have really really really low expectations. Like don't be disappointed when you see nothing's going on up there. BUT, it would not hurt to try and if you do try, take pictures and report any changes to your hair, whether better or worse on this site.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
      • Mar 2013

emu oil ? there is guy over hairlosshelp that regrew hairline. well i know our problem is genetic but isnt the emu oil dht blocking? he did apply it 3x day

if you start sth like this it would be perfect to document it

Comment

• FineHair
        • Oct 2012

Hey!

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it!

Which brand of biotin & what dosage & which brand of MSM did you use personally? I would like to start using it just out of curiosity.

Also, what is silica and which garlic oil are you referring to?

Thanks.

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
        I'd prefer to go the natural route over fin, dut, minoxidil any day, twice on Sundays. But the truth is there are no studies to prove any claim for any of these natural treatments.

I heard anything from Saw Palm., beta sitosterol, bunch of oils, etc. But have seen no before and after pictures of any one taking them. Those who show before and after results, are already on fin and minoxidil so it's hard to say how much these natural treatments are doing for their MPB.

Biotin and MSM are simply to grow hair faster, not to thicken hair, or stop shedding, or slow down MPB. You're existing hair grows faster, that's all it is. I've used Biotin and MSM before, all it made me do is have to get haircuts more often, and I mean that in a bad way. The longer my hair is=the more noticeable my balding gets.

Biotin and MSM are good however, if you're already on a good, proven treatment like fin/dut+rogaine, or if you got an HT. I mean you can always try it on there own, MSM+Biotin+Silica+Garlic oil+all that stuff you want to use, but just have really really really low expectations. Like don't be disappointed when you see nothing's going on up there. BUT, it would not hurt to try and if you do try, take pictures and report any changes to your hair, whether better or worse on this site.

Comment

• FineHair
          • Oct 2012

Originally posted by TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
          emu oil ? there is guy over hairlosshelp that regrew hairline. well i know our problem is genetic but isnt the emu oil dht blocking? he did apply it 3x day

if you start sth like this it would be perfect to document it

Hey!

Thanks for your response. Appreciate it. Which brand of emu oil did he use? Do you have the link to his postings by any chance? I'd like to read about this!

Thanks.

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
            • Mar 2013

here you go sir

Comment

• FineHair
              • Oct 2012

Thanks man.

That's an interesting posting. However, how do we know that he is not promoting the Emu Oil for marketing? Also, I read that he was not even on any medications. Interesting!

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                • Mar 2013

we will never know this,,, however there are many brands so i dont suspect sth
                i hope i helped

Comment

• FineHair
                  • Oct 2012

we will never know this,,, however there are many brands so i dont suspect sth
                  i hope i helped

Thanks.

I got a message from someone else in regards to "Ho shou Wu" - A chinese herb. I need to look into this. Heard it blocks dht!

Comment

• TO YOUNG TO RETIRE
                    • Mar 2013

you mean to drink it?... there are many herbs to make them drinks. that reduce dht. but some are dsangerous to drink them. so proceed with caution.

drink green tea 3 week it reduces body inflamation

cut down sugar and caffeine,

all this might change the pace of the hairloss 0.00001 % . i know it sucks, it cant be stopped naturally

we are programmed to shed our hairs . it is in our dna

Comment

• FineHair
                      • Oct 2012

Hey,

I don't know, I think ho shou wu can be applied to the scalp? So far I am excited about emu oil mixed with castor oil. I think I might try emu oil mixed with jamaican black castor oil.

you mean to drink it?... there are many herbs to make them drinks. that reduce dht. but some are dsangerous to drink them. so proceed with caution.

drink green tea 3 week it reduces body inflamation

cut down sugar and caffeine,

all this might change the pace of the hairloss 0.00001 % . i know it sucks, it cant be stopped naturally

we are programmed to shed our hairs . it is in our dna

Comment

• FineHair
                        • Oct 2012

Nice website! How do you register on that forum? I'd like to ask questions there too!

Comment

• Clinicspots
                          • Aug 2015

Coconut oil is the best to naturally inprove your hair growth and hair condition. biotin is good for not only hair loss but also almost anything to do with good hair. From growing long hair to helping you regrow lost hair, it is widely known that you can use biotin to thicken your hair, make it grow long and look shinier. According to most of the reviews and testimonials found online, men and women who take biotin to help with the problem of hair loss have seen positive results. However, this is not for every other person who consumes the supplements and pills to get rid of hair loss problems.
                          So, how effective is biotin for hair loss? Though biotin is good for hair loss, it is highly and positively reviewed for hair growth. It is used to grow black hair, blonde and many other types of hair and is said to work better than for those people who use it for hair loss. Note the following:
                           Taking biotin to stop hair loss takes a longer time for you to see results compared to when it is taken to grow hair long and thicker
                           Biotin is primarily used as a hair growth regimen. However, high dosages of the pill may help slow down or prevent the loss of hair
                           It should not be taken as a medication or treatment for hair loss.

“The good thing is that practically anyone can take biotin for hair loss. It works just as well for women as it does for men and no matter what age you start taking it, you should see a marked improvement.”

Comment

• thechamp
                            • Jan 2011

Thinking of adding emu oil shampoo and castor oil shampoo ??

Thinking of adding emu oil shampoo and castor oil shampoo be safer option ??

Comment

• Clinicspots
                              • Aug 2015

Onion juice
                              In a small study, 20 of the 23 people who applied onion juice to their scalps twice a day saw hairregrowth in six weeks. Pick up a bottle at your nearest grocery store; researchers believe the flavonoids may have anti-inflammatory effects.
                              Hot peppers
                              A supplement of capsaicin, the compound in peppers that make them hot, was found to stimulate a growth factor associated with hair growth after 5 months
                              Sage, rosemary, and aloe vera
                              Sage has been shown to increase hair density, rosemary has been shown to stimulate hair growth, and aloe vera has been used to promote hairgrowth for centuries.

Comment

Working...