+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Edit: problems with image links

Looks good Jotronic, but to be honest I don't see any difference and I wish the pictures were dated.
    If I understand correct the elasticity is the only deciding factor for the amount of transplants a person can have?
    If that’s correct then having a transplant after losing hair for just one year like in my case wouldn't be very wise?

My hairline
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Me hairline.jpg

Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	20575

Lost alot of hair the last year....

Name:	20130302_145713.jpg

Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	20573

I assume I will end up with my fathers head of hair

Name:	Fattern.jpg

Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	20574

or like my uncle

Name:	Pitta.jpg

Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	20572

Is using medication after a hair transplant recommended to all patients?

Looks good Jotronic, but to be honest I don't see any difference and I wish the pictures were dated.
    If I understand correct the elasticity is the only deciding factor for the amount of transplants a person can have?
    If that’s correct then having a transplant after losing hair for just one year like in my case wouldn't be very wise?
    I'm confused. You don't see any difference? Where? As far as dated images, all of those images were six months after my 2nd procedure. If you mean you don't see any difference between then and now then I can't help you there. My hair is thicker all over but when you have already existing coverage additional density is more difficult to see than if you went from bald to not bald. Make sense? My biggest cosmetic improvement was by far the first procedure because I was not only very bald but I had the pluggy grafts so I not only went from bald to not bald I also went from abnormal to normal. That was the big "night and day" change.

Incorrect. Donor density is equally if not more important. Just yesterday we had a patient that had a fairly tight scalp but his donor density was insane. We got 7000 grafts in one pass.

Based on your existing loss a procedure might make sense but only if you are confident your loss has been stabilized with medication and you are not too young. Forgive me but I do not recall if you stated this information. Anyone that has a procedure is guaranteed to potentially need more work in the future. Once you're cut, you're cut and it cannot be undone. If you do have a procedure and you need more work in the future it is not the end of the world and as long as you move forward sensibly and do not get greedy then you may be fine with it. If you are not prepared for this possibility then forget about hair restoration completely.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

I'm confused. You don't see any difference? Where? As far as dated images, all of those images were six months after my 2nd procedure. If you mean you don't see any difference between then and now then I can't help you there. My hair is thicker all over but when you have already existing coverage additional density is more difficult to see than if you went from bald to not bald. Make sense? My biggest cosmetic improvement was by far the first procedure because I was not only very bald but I had the pluggy grafts so I not only went from bald to not bald I also went from abnormal to normal. That was the big "night and day" change.
    Yes I ment on those pictures compared to now and yes that makes sense

Incorrect. Donor density is equally if not more important. Just yesterday we had a patient that had a fairly tight scalp but his donor density was insane. We got 7000 grafts in one pass.
    Oh ok. Thanks for clearing that up. Lets use the picture of my father as an example. Could he expect more then one transplant to look optimal if he had a average donor area \ scalp?

Based on your existing loss a procedure might make sense but only if you are confident your loss has been stabilized with medication and you are not too young. Forgive me but I do not recall if you stated this information. Anyone that has a procedure is guaranteed to potentially need more work in the future. Once you're cut, you're cut and it cannot be undone. If you do have a procedure and you need more work in the future it is not the end of the world and as long as you move forward sensibly and do not get greedy then you may be fine with it. If you are not prepared for this possibility then forget about hair restoration completely.

What if using medication is not an option for me and is using medication after a hair transplant recommended to all patients?

In general I'am sceptical to the use of medication unless it is matter of life or death, also the medication is extremly expensive and strictly regulated in Norway. My main reason though for not wanting to use medication for hair loss is the risk of going limp in the down stairs department. That would 100x worse then being bald.

Why does age matter?
    I have friends who gone bald at the age of 24, I'm 29 though and started losing hair about 1,5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    If you'd like to see long term results you can see my own. To be fair, I did have a procedure 2.5 years ago but it was mainly into an area that had never been touched before, the bottom half of my crown. Before that my previous procedure was in 2004.

www.hairtransplantmentor.com

Before...

And me a few months ago at the gym...

Thank you very much for posting. These results are incredible and give me hope for what I could achieve if I lose most of my hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetox View Post
    What increases my doubts even more are people who are in the media alot like one Norwegian model who had a free hair transplant if he wrote about it in his blogg. He documented with pictures and wrote twice in a span of a few months and never heard anything about it again. Another example is Wayne Rooney. He looked great the first year or so, now it looks like he is using tons of concealer to hide that his new hair is thinning or disappearing.
    Video of that Norwegian model I was refering to:

2011: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/38906/he...ransplantasjon

2013: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/63970/sj...bruke-i-sommer

As you can see there isn't any noticeable difference at all