+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chicago,Il. (the best city in the United States)

Thanks Joe for adding FACTUAL RESULTS to this thread .

Holy Christ Joe.

The difference is PHENOMENAL. You look great

Certainly doesnt look like a 'short term' solution to me. Great job.

Jotronic is the man! Holy crap, every time I see your progress I'm astounded. Man you look great!

I agree Jotronic’s is a great result especially considering from where he started. The clinic has a body of work and it speaks for itself. I can’t say that I have ever seen them try and hide a case if something didn’t’ go as planned as can happen with anything and is rare they simply address it, which is exactly how it should be. It’s the clinics that try to bury what they don’t want you to see that seem to do more harm, they just don’t get it. I’m sure if they bought a family vehicle that had a potential to rollover regardless of how small that potential was they would like to know about it. But what would even be worse is the auto mfg. trying to bury the story of the family that was killed because of the incident, wrong approach in my opinion. Personally as a repair patient I am highly insulted and offended by clinics that do this and that is why I make the time to point it out when I see it.

But as far as long time patients coming back to show you their results and help you out don’t count on it. Everyone has adopted this I want to be paid attitude in our society I can understand that as all too often free advice is considered to be of no value. People come up to me in person and ask me about nutrition and what I’m doing on a constant basis but then they easily dismiss what I have to say, so yes I should be charging but I will admit it is hard as my instinct is to just want to help people.

The biggest issue I see with patients that have had bad results with today’s doctors are they are either ashamed to come forward as they feel like a complete fool or they are so afraid of saying the wrong thing and potentially getting no help at all, so their desperation keeps them muzzled. They are willing to let a few more lambs be sacrificed so that they can get what they need.

'The biggest issue I see with patients that have had bad results with today’s doctors are they are either ashamed to come forward as they feel like a complete fool or they are so afraid of saying the wrong thing and potentially getting no help at all, so their desperation keeps them muzzled. They are willing to let a few more lambs be sacrificed so that they can get what they need.[/QUOTE]

Jotronic your HT is top class, H&W have some mindblowing results, its almost like magic

Topcat

i agree that people who had bad results are ashamed to come forward as they feel like idiots and also Im sure some unhappy patients dont even complain to their doctor.

Most people who decide to have HT dont want anyone to know they had work done, most hairloss sufferers are introverts and getting on boards and complaining takes some guts and energy.
    Its very emotonal experience where patient spends large amounts of money and results suck..huge blow to psyche.
    Then again, you have patients who cut the deal with their doc, ususaly they get partial refund or free grafts for silence and they get them to sign.

I never understood why would somebody go for free grafts if results were crapp in the first place, Id go for money .

Another thing is forums are heavily moderated and sponsored by clinics, some wont even let you complain about their doc or they will always say its 'you' not them(your expectations).....but when you get great result then its doctor who gets credit...

Looks good on the picture Jotronic. Wish I had a beard like you I watched your HT story and from what I could gather you are a special case since you have been able to have much more transplant then normal people. So what would the head look like if it was not a special case like yourself?
    How long do you expect this new head of hair to last?
    Ones you had one is it normal to have several transplants? Just wondering as I would have to travel very far for a HT.
    To be honest I got tons of questions, but maybe not the right place to ask.

Yes Topcat you are probably right. Pretty early in my "research" I been stuck with 3 doctors in my mind, Dr. Wong, Dr. Epstein and Dr. Feller. I have yet to see anything bad about them, so either they are great at their work or people with bad results just dont step forward. Either way I take everything I read on forums like this and the internet in general with a grain of salt, but thanks for the warning.

I'm actually baffled that people take hair transplants at other doctors not on the IAHRS or atleast do a little research before. I thought this forum was one that weren't being moderated by the industry, but maybe I'm wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluetox View Post
    Looks good on the picture Jotronic. Wish I had a beard like you I watched your HT story and from what I could gather you are a special case since you have been able to have much more transplant then normal people. So what would the head look like if it was not a special case like yourself?
    How long do you expect this new head of hair to last?
    Ones you had one is it normal to have several transplants? Just wondering as I would have to travel very far for a HT.
    To be honest I got tons of questions, but maybe not the right place to ask.

Yes Topcat you are probably right. Pretty early in my "research" I been stuck with 3 doctors in my mind, Dr. Wong, Dr. Epstein and Dr. Feller. I have yet to see anything bad about them, so either they are great at their work or people with bad results just dont step forward. Either way I take everything I read on forums like this and the internet in general with a grain of salt, but thanks for the warning.

I'm actually baffled that people take hair transplants at other doctors not on the IAHRS or atleast do a little research before. I thought this forum was one that weren't being moderated by the industry, but maybe I'm wrong?
    You are smart to take what you read on these forums with a grain of salt. There are lots of opinions and you never really know what's behind them. The IAHRS is a excellent starting point because most of the top hair transplant surgeons in the world are a part of it. From Dr. Bisanga to Hasson and Wong, Feller, Esptein, Cole and many others, but, and this is a big but, these lists are just a starting point. You need to do your research outside of these forums. Meet with patients and see the work with your own eyes.

You know the old saying, opinions are like a-holes, everybody's got one. Do your own research and take both the harsh critics and the cheerleaders for what they are, just anonymous people on the internet. In the end you'll figure out who the best doctors are for your needs.

Bluetox the longer you wait and the more you learn through reading and interactions the better. Always remember many of posters on the forums are not even real in the sense that they have actual experience or that they are actually looking for answers themselves. They are simply here to steer topics and conversation in a specific direction. Usually one can only pick up on this with time it helps to look at their posting history here and elsewhere along with what they have posted as far as data about their own situation including pictures. This is a very bizarre industry but then again medicine in general has become something completely bizarre with expensive profit driven therapies being promoted with patients and family members being made to feel guilty if they do not choose what they are presented with and one can only get past that with some knowledge as with hair transplantation.

It helps to read history on some of the other forums. It’s time consuming but history will tell you so much at least what has not been deleted or buried at the request of a rep or clinic.

And I agree plenty of a-holes out there that live their life for that next dollar any way they can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    You need to do your research outside of these forums. Meet with patients and see the work with your own eyes.
    Wish I could do this but I live in Norway so thats a big problem.

Bluetox,

My case is fairly unusual in that I've had so many grafts after I already had two bad procedures and two stacked donor scars. Had I started out as a virgin scalp my case would not be that unusual as I'd be on the high end of what an average patient can get in terms of shear numbers.

To give you an idea of what I would look like without so many grafts you can simply look at my result after two passes. This had me at 4825 grafts which is not unusual at all for a virgin scalp and in fact is quite normal. The photos below are at six months after my second pass...

In direct overhead sunlight...

As far as the longevity goes, I fully expect these results to last me indefinitely. They lasted quite well so far

Is it normal to have more work after you've had one procedure? Yes. Is it necessary? Not really but it depends on a few factors. First, if your loss is stabilized through medication. If it is then the chance of needing a second are low. If it has been only slowed then yes, you will need another in the future. But even if your loss is stabilized you may get hair greed which is fairly common. What I tell patients is that if you have one procedure then I guarantee that there is a chance you'll have a second.

If you like my beard in those shots check it out two weeks ago in London

This is 12 days of growth. Unfortunately I'm seeing more and more grey hairs coming in
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com