+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Is cheap online finasteride a scam?

I went to my local pharmacy today with my Propecia prescription. I asked if generic Propecia was available yet, and surprisingly the pharmacist told me yes. However, they cost a whopping $70/month. That's almost the same as name brand Propecia at $90 a month. He said the price will go down after about 3 months, as more companies start making it and compete.

I checked 3 local pharmacies, and they all quoted me $70 for a 1-month supply.

I just checked online, and some sites supposedly offer finasteride for much cheaper. Have a look:

http://www.healthwarehouse.com/finas...g-tablets.html

http://finasteride1mg.org/

Are these pills the real deal, or some cheap third world knockoff with very little active ingredient? Should I trust these sites? Are they legit?

Also, I notice that some sites offer 30 4mg pills of finasteride, and they're inexpensive. If I have a 30-day 1mg. Propecia prescription with 5 refills, would I be able to get a 30-day supply of these 4mg. pills with 5 refills?

If you're going to buy finasteride, or any hair loss drug online, make sure it's from a reputable website with good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    If you're going to buy finasteride, or any hair loss drug online, make sure it's from a reputable website with good reviews.
    But how do I know what's "reputable"? Instinct tells me that a website that sells something for 1/3 the cost than everyone else has something fishy going on. I guess I can go that alone, but sometimes you can get a legit product on some websites for a fraction of the retail cost, so I don't know what to do.

Use inhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    Use inhouse.
    Sounds too good to be true, and it's sites like this that I have been questioning. However, if you say it's legit, then that's great news.

Also, I never heard of finastradine with this odd name:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-179...blets-1mg.aspx

Is this finastradine from Goa, India? How reliable would this medicine be? I have used Retin-A from countries such as Thailand, Honduras, and Panama, and it has worked fine. Of course if it didn't, the stakes were not that high, and I had little to lose. With finastradine, I could permanently lose more hair should these pills not work.

Quote Originally Posted by joer1212 View Post
    Sounds too good to be true, and it's sites like this that I have been questioning. However, if you say it's legit, then that's great news.

Also, I never heard of finastradine with this odd name:

http://www.inhousepharmacy.biz/p-179...blets-1mg.aspx

Is this finastradine from Goa, India? How reliable would this medicine be? I have used Retin-A from countries such as Thailand, Honduras, and Panama, and it has worked fine. Of course if it didn't, the stakes were not that high, and I had little to lose. With finastradine, I could permanently lose more hair should these pills not work.
    I use finpecia which is made by Cipla, a billion dollar pharmaceutical company in India that's been around since 1935. There is no benefit for them to counterfeit finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by akai View Post
    I use finpecia which is made by Cipla, a billion dollar pharmaceutical company in India that's been around since 1935. There is no benefit for them to counterfeit finasteride.
    OK, I am sold on the legitimacy of this company, but there's one problem. I waited until the last moment to refill my prescription, and now I am down to just 2 pills. My prescription is for 30 days, with 5 refills. How do I get enough pills to tide me over until my shipment from India arrives? It's not like I can go to my local pharmacy and get just 30 pills, then take back my prescription for the remaining 5 refills and send it to In House pharmacy. I have to choose one or the other, so my options seem to be:

a) Send the prescription to In House Pharmacy for the full 6-month supply, and go without pills for about 2 weeks until my shipment arrives (will I lose hair in 2 weeks?).

b) Give my prescription to my local pharmacy, and get fleeced. Assuming the price remains $70 a month, that's $420 for 6 months (vs. $150 at In House pharmacy).

Thoughts?

Finpecia has been around for a while and used with success. I've never personally used it, but i've seen other members use it and it's the same as all the other one's.

Yes use Inhouse, they're good.

If you're really scared, how about you get the drug tested in a lab or something? I don't even know where to go for this myself, I just trust inhouse and will see the hard way if they're legit or not since I started using dutasteride a couple of days ago that I bought from them. Maybe you can get the drug tested to see if it's legit? I've seen some people do that on other sites to make sure the drugs they get from online are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by joer1212 View Post
    OK, I am sold on the legitimacy of this company, but there's one problem. I waited until the last moment to refill my prescription, and now I am down to just 2 pills. My prescription is for 30 days, with 5 refills. How do I get enough pills to tide me over until my shipment from India arrives? It's not like I can go to my local pharmacy and get just 30 pills, then take back my prescription for the remaining 5 refills and send it to In House pharmacy. I have to choose one or the other, so my options seem to be:

a) Send the prescription to In House Pharmacy for the full 6-month supply, and go without pills for about 2 weeks until my shipment arrives (will I lose hair in 2 weeks?).

b) Give my prescription to my local pharmacy, and get fleeced. Assuming the price remains $70 a month, that's $420 for 6 months (vs. $150 at In House pharmacy).

Thoughts?
    1. You don't send prescription to InHouse. Read everything on the site so that you can understand it better.

2. They do not ship from India, I think they ship from Australia. I'm not sure, but it's not India.

3. My pills came in 10 days, i'm in the states, East Coast.

Okay I see where they ship from now, it's on their site all the way in the bottom of About Us.