Threaded View

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by mature View Post
    Always I have learned that any root of obession or emotional conflict the content is NOT what is important, it is not the sense of hair loss that is distressing, or the way you look etc.. It is always something deeper such as fear of not being good enough, feeling inferior or be little d, comparative to others, self criticism etc...

People have a tendency to obsess over what is wrong or to wish they had something they don't, if it is not hair loss it could be something different.. Maybe you lost you're eye sight, a limb, etc.. Maybe a pyschological basis such as major depression or generalized anxiety disorder.

Let me tell you from personal experience, I had been under the illusive suffering of the worst ends of OCD, Generalized Anxiety, Severe hours lasting panic attacks, and De personalization... Literally went from hell to back again multiple times... There is a sort of appreciation and intimacy with life that people gain going through severe circumstance and coming out the other end... I had studied and became very well educated on the nature of things like anxiety and depression, then I applied everything I learned and failed and failed again... It was a very up and down process but I have since fully recovered and will not fall into the mental trap of stuff like that again because I understand it. BDD actually falls under the category of anxiety spectrum dysfunctions and is very curable.. The constant checking and obsessing you are mentioning are exactly what is keeping the cycle going, you don't need to change to another faulty self image or anything ridicolous like that you just need to see yourself as you really are, without the judgement and analyze of you're own mind..

My guess is there are some deeper emotional issues going on that are being manifested into this BDD you are experiencing, instead of pushing it away and getting in a vicious cycle look into it and see whats really going on and needs to be absolved.

Most importantly every type of suffering produced is caused from the central point of mind or ego, It is the ways we go against the strides of what is really true and our delusions that lead us to suffering, self judgement being one of those.. If you are interested check out a book from Adyashanti on google called Way of Liberation and read the E book.. May give you exactly what you need if you are willing to try and fully apply it and see what happens.

On another note no one should be that seriously concerned here about going bald permanently; true we are all at different stages of hair loss but by the looks of it in the next few years there will be a cure in the form of something so no need to fret.
    Great post. I know in my case, it likely stems from my depression and my desire for revenge. I spent my high school years fat and got no attention from girls. Now, after realizing I had an attractive face underneath the fat, I'm trying to maximize my aesthetic potential to both help my confidence and to get back at those that rejected me or would have rejected me. It's sick but I can't help but feel this way. And I realize I am a hypocrite, I want to punish others for being superficial but yet I am probably more superficial than they are. I'll check out that book sometime now that it's summer. I want to continue my journey but I would like to be somewhat happy along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    Since you clearly go to bb.com - you probably spend an inordinate amount of time in the 'mirin section of the guys even if you won't admit it. NO HOMO right? That has to be the god damn stupidest ****ing idiotic phrase that only sexually insecure little boys say - its quite funny how the first time I saw it with any regularity was on bb.com though.

Anyway - Stop going to BB.com 'mirin. Right. Now.
    Are you insinuating that I'm gay? Just because I appreciate a physique for its form and beauty doesn't mean I am sexually-attracted to it. Truthfully, I think the male form is superior to the female form as art (something to appreciate visually) but, again, I feel no attraction towards it. And yeah, that's a world that's steeped in a lot of homo-eroticism. People discovering it for the first time have to say "no homo" because, to an outsider, it really does seem like a bunch of homosexuals are parading around and complementing each other.