+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 5 month update

Quote Originally Posted by Hozzam View Post
    I think the placebo effect has a huge huge impact on propecia users.
    *Waits for the anti-fin guys to come off the bleachers to flame you*
    I'm with ya, dude.

When you're about to have sex you'll get increased 'performance anxiety' and that alone is enough to deflate your penis and your spirits towards sex which could explain lack of libido. I don't know thats just a personal theory of mine.
    This. I had the same problem once when I was getting with one of my old friend's newly ex-girlfriends. So much was running through my head it actually overran my ability to get a boner. Was super embarrassing -- makes me cringe just thinking about it.

But yeah, performance anxiety is a real thing. And, if you're thinking about finasteride while you're getting with a girl, you're probably not going to be running a high performance.

Hey man, I didn't mean to put you down on your results. They are great. It's just you know you've got to be wary of online fraudsters just trying to advertise. I know you're not now, and I'm new so i'm just cautious.

As for whats been said about propecia being given a really bad rep for the people with side effects being the loudest, I completely agree. If something runs smoothly, you'll barely hear about it, until it malfunctions and then you'll hear about it all day long.

I think the placebo effect has a huge huge impact on propecia users. I don't mean for the hair growth but for the sexual side effects. If you take something that you actually believe could give you sexual side effects you may experience them for that reason alone. When you're about to have sex you'll get increased 'performance anxiety' and that alone is enough to deflate your penis and your spirits towards sex which could explain lack of libido. I don't know thats just a personal theory of mine.

But anyways congrats on your results, I'm going to start on propecia once I do get diagnosed with MPB (which i'm 70% sure of) and hopefully onwards and upwards from there.
    Hey Hozzam,

No offense taken. I understand the skepticism in this industry and the hardships of this condition. I agree with everything you said.

I have done countless hours of independent research on MPB, fin and minox. I suffered mild sides but they all dissipated after the first few months. If you're on the fence do your research, see a reputable derm and make your own decision, don't let the scare tactics of a few ruin your chance of preserving your hair for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsnotreal888 View Post
    Hey Hozzam,

No offense taken. I understand the skepticism in this industry and the hardships of this condition. I agree with everything you said.

I have done countless hours of independent research on MPB, fin and minox. I suffered mild sides but they all dissipated after the first few months. If you're on the fence do your research, see a reputable derm and make your own decision, don't let the scare tactics of a few ruin your chance of preserving your hair for the majority.
    The doctors are the professionals. They will tell you the potential risks. Trying to comb the internet seeking 'objective' advice will leave your head spinning with information overload. Much of it total crap.

I asked my doctor about it and he told me that the side effects were supposed to be mild and in many cases disappear.

He advised i go for it, but if there was a problem, discontinue and call him for some tests.

Now, who needs more information than this? Its just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    The doctors are the professionals. They will tell you the potential risks. Trying to comb the internet seeking 'objective' advice will leave your head spinning with information overload. Much of it total crap.

I asked my doctor about it and he told me that the side effects were supposed to be mild and in many cases disappear.

He advised i go for it, but if there was a problem, discontinue and call him for some tests.

Now, who needs more information than this? Its just common sense.
    No way, man. An aggregate of faceless internet people trumps educated, professional opinions all day. </sarcasm>

I read the literature, got a doctor's opinion, and decided I was ready for fin. But then I still went and read propeciahelp.com as well as a few horror stories off this site; I was filled with doubt and worry and fear.

Had to pull myself outta the clouds and remind myself whose opinion is actually worth a shit. That, and watching my hair continue to deteriorate was the wake up call and reminder that my time with hair was limited.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post

I agree you've got to be careful with what you read and that professional advise is the most sensible. But at the same time it's more naive in a way to just listen to a doctor and take their advice as gospel. We all know that there are a majority of doctors who don't take hair loss seriously and their own values interfere with it. So in a way it's more simple to just go to a doctor and get a diagnosis and a prescription but if you browse and get your own knowledge on the subject not only will you be able to ask more informed questions when you see a doctor but you'll be able to get a general feel about the drug your supposed to take.