+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default My Dutasteride just arrived

I purchased Dutasteride 0.5mg/180 capsules from InHouse. Shipping said it would be here in 10-21 days and it's been the 10th day and that's when it arrived, so great shipping considering i'm in the states and was willing to give them an entire month [my username is just not a username, I am actually very patient].

I just popped my first one ever, right now, and in an hour 4,000 hairs grew. I'm just kidding about that, I will give Dut and Rogaine at least one year to see how that tag team does against my MPB. My rogaine foam and liquid should both come this week, in a couple of days actually. I took pics last week with my head shaved with a one guard and is at it's worse it has ever been since I have Alopecia Areata on top of having MPB. I will take pics throughout 12 months but I won't show them yet, i'll wait till the 6 month mark to show any improvement [if there's any].

Some more info:

Been on Finsateride 1.25mg everyday for 4 years, no side effects, no regrowth, hair loss slowed down considerably but nothing else.

Haven't used any type of minoxidil in 2 years. So the slowing down have been all fin 1.25mg by itself. I'm hoping I can get a bit better than just slowing down by adding rogaine foam in the day, rogaine solution at night, dutasteride 0.5mg.

Any one know what would happen if I stop fin and get on dutasteride? I wouldn't lose the hair that finasteride was holding on to will I?

I feel hyper, that's all I can say for now. I took the pill 2 hours ago and now I feel full of energy, don't know if that's an actual side effect or it's just me being hyper on my own.

I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread. I'm considering using Dut. I also have alopecia areata. The first signs developed before thinning became noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by MackJames View Post
    I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread..
    Ditto.

You sure you're not just energetic due to being excited about this new endeavor? Good luck, man.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    Any one know what would happen if I stop fin and get on dutasteride? I wouldn't lose the hair that finasteride was holding on to will I?
    Different anecdotes from different users. Some say they have a big shed, others not.
    I started dut just over 1.5 months ago and am continuing 1.25 mg fin every day (down from 2.5 mg fin every day). So far shedding has been very very minimal, except one strange day when I shed a lot in the shower. Seems like I am shedding less than when I was on fin for 2.5 years, and I improved/maintained on fin. Not sure if this is drug related or a coincidence

MackJames: How bad is your AA, and have you had corticosteroid injections? I had those injections at the dermatologist and regrew the hair AA knocked down, but only partially. Unfortunately I was not able to recover everything. I think if I didn't have MPB, the steroids would have regrew everything back, but the MPB makes my hair weaker I guess and didn't allow them to grow back strong enough.

Bigthinker: Although i'm a laid back, mellow guy, that's probably it. Maybe i'm just excited because of the new treatment I will try out.

25: I'm glad you posted here since you're taking Dut, I was starting to think no one on this site is taking it. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get good results at the 12 month mark and stay negative side effect free.

25: What dose are you taking, and when are you taking them?

I'm contemplating trying my luck with 0.5 everyday.

I took 5mg fin last night and don't feel a thing yet, actually woke up feeling "good" this morning , if you know what I mean. My fin are legit too. I won't do that again though, I did it just because I wanted to see if anything negative happened with such a high dose of fin.

Oh yeah and to MackJames, have you tried Clobetasol Propionate Ointment 0.05%? I use that when ever I see a bald spot forming [from AA], the bald spot goes away and refills within about 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately this is only for AA, because I have tried it on my MPB hair loss and it does nothing.

I have a bald spot right in the back of my head that I can only see with a mirror. I've been using Clobetasol on it and it's closing up little by little.

0.5 mg dut every morning on an empty stomach. 1.25 mg fin 12 hours later. Both are brand name from licensed pharms since I am paranoid when it comes to hair!
    Also using 2% keto shampoo every 3 days.
    Side effects never concern me anymore. I decided at some point I would rather have to use ED drugs than go bald (lucky for me neither has happened yet)

I wish you good luck, you seem like a very nice guy, and no one deserves to deal with AA + MPB at the same time.