+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fin Vs RU

Default Fin Vs RU

Why hairloss fighters start with Fin but not RU if RU has less systematic effect?

Besides sides, what are the pros and cons of Fin Vs RU?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Why hairloss fighters start with Fin but not RU if RU has less systematic effect?

Besides sides, what are the pros and cons of Fin Vs RU?
    I have used both and with my experience RU is more systematic than fin. IT absorbs into system quickly and I notice some sides although tollerable. Just my experiences though everyone is different

Quote Originally Posted by BaldJerry View Post
    I have used both and with my experience RU is more systematic than fin. IT absorbs into system quickly and I notice some sides although tollerable. Just my experiences though everyone is different
    umm, how can something topical be more systemic than fin, which is entirely systemic?

RU is more local than fin, however, we don't know what RU's long term side effect profile is. (Not approved for human use). However, while fin is "systemic", only certain tissues are affected by 5AR2...whereas androgen receptors are more common.

The main advantage of fin is that it simply has a large body of literature showing its safety and efficacy, all the way to 10 years.

Is RU better or worse than fin? Nobody knows, and it's hard to do a comparison until you do a dose ranging, double blind trial against finasteride. That is why fin is the first line of defense. If you suffer sides, then consider RU.

Potentially, Cosmo's CB may be better than RU in terms of side effects.

Yea I went with RU first before fin...Reason being most people who are androgen sensitive and experience sexual sides or gyno etc will experiance these on fin and when they try RU may also experiance them or they could be lessened. RU is dose dependant to atleast you can lower dose and see if it can be tolerated, whereas fin inihibits the same amount of DHT accross the board to if you cant tolerate it you cant tolerate it. Also, as far as persistent sides go, never heard RU having more than just temporary sides, where the same can not be said for fin.

If you take RU and get sides, it is an indicator that fin is also likely not an option for you!

As far as safety and efficacy goes, there is a ton of literature that supports fin, whereas the same can not be said for RU. Then again there is a lot of guys who say fin messed them up bad, and a handful of guys who say RU has given them great results!

I'm giving RU a fair chance before I consider fin. Started at 2%, hasn't done anything, upped to 5% a week ago, will give it atleast 6 months. If I stay at baseline or above I will continue using it. Zero sides so far, but zero results aswell!

There is so much misinformation in this post, I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Yea I went with RU first before fin...Reason being most people who are androgen sensitive and experience sexual sides or gyno etc will experiance these on fin and when they try RU may also experiance them or they could be lessened. RU is dose dependant to atleast you can lower dose and see if it can be tolerated, whereas fin inihibits the same amount of DHT accross the board to if you cant tolerate it you cant tolerate it. Also, as far as persistent sides go, never heard RU having more than just temporary sides, where the same can not be said for fin.
    Far fewer people have tried RU compared to fin, so it's not surprising the number of people claiming sides is a lot lower. I haven't even gotten into the issues of sampling and bias. What does it mean people who are "androgen sensitive"? Secondly, also untrue about dosage, some get sides at a higher dosage, but find that sides are alleviated at a lower dosage (every other day v every day).

If you take RU and get sides, it is an indicator that fin is also likely not an option for you!
    There is absolutely ZERO evidence that backs this. But it doesn't stop you from opening your mouth. Yeah broscience!

As far as safety and efficacy goes, there is a ton of literature that supports fin, whereas the same can not be said for RU. Then again there is a lot of guys who say fin messed them up bad, and a handful of guys who say RU has given them great results!
    Again, far fewer people have tried RU, so not surprising if far fewer people claim sides. There are also a number of people who have gotten outstanding results on finasteride. There is ZERO data on RU's long term safety and efficacy, whereas finasteride has studies ranging from 6 months to 10 years showing that fin retains hair as well as a low incidence of sides.

KO1 I am a disinformation agent bro!

Dont trust the fin studies Merck is an evil corporation headed by Illuminati reptilians.

What are you talking about ZERO evidence its common sense bro...

I dont go based off studies I go based off the anonymous but trusted people on internet forums...put 2 and 2 together man.

Seriously to OP whatever you try, make sure you have baseline blood + hormone tests done and semen analysis..and start low whether it be fin or RU or both use a lower dosage at the beginning.

I dont go based off studies I go based off the anonymous but trusted people on internet forums...put 2 and 2 together man.

Quote Originally Posted by BudskiiHD View Post
    umm, how can something topical be more systemic than fin, which is entirely systemic?
    I guess systematic is not the right word. I get more sides from RU than I did with fin. I wish fin worked for me but it didn't. So I use RU and DUT. Again this is just my personal experience. RU absorbs into the body easily that skin on your head is very thin my friend. RU works great for me by the way and the sides are nothing big.