+ Reply to Thread

Default advice on fin sides?

Hi

Im a first time poster here so bear with me..Ive been on finasteride(1.25mg daily but started on .75mg originally) for 2 months,I seem to be gaining weight on the lower abdomen and face..I can clearly notice as I was under weight..Im also taking 15 %minox on my hairline for 2 months.. I can see new hair already coming..My question is has anyone else experienced weight gain while on fin and if so did you stop gaining weight after hormone levels balanced up?Any help appreciated..Thanks

Inactive

I could be completely wrong and what I am about to say may offend you. With that said; unless you are noticing other side effects associated with high estrogen, you are probably just eating too much and blaming it on fin.

Thanks for the reply Aames..I have been trying to put on weight for 2 years prior to taking fin with no luck..So far im happy taking the drug but am afraid that i am putting on weight due to estrogen level increase..have you heard of this happening to anyone else?I had the usual minor sides in the first week or two but like most peoples,They subsided.Thanks for your input..

Quote Originally Posted by nismo View Post
    Hi

Im a first time poster here so bear with me..Ive been on finasteride(1.25mg daily but started on .75mg originally) for 2 months,I seem to be gaining weight on the lower abdomen and face..I can clearly notice as I was under weight..Im also taking 15 %minox on my hairline for 2 months.. I can see new hair already coming..My question is has anyone else experienced weight gain while on fin and if so did you stop gaining weight after hormone levels balanced up?Any help appreciated..Thanks
    Hi and welcome Those symptoms are not the garden variety we usually see here.

Watery semen, less sex drive, no morning erection .......... for many of us these usually subside after a couple of weeks. In my case they did.

But yours is something I would go see the doc about. Go test your estrogen levels. Blocking the conversion of testosterone into DHT actually results in more testosterone floating around , not less.

hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post
    Hi and welcome Those symptoms are not the garden variety we usually see here.

Watery semen, less sex drive, no morning erection .......... for many of us these usually subside after a couple of weeks. In my case they did.

But yours is something I would go see the doc about. Go test your estrogen levels. Blocking the conversion of testosterone into DHT actually results in more testosterone floating around , not less.

hope this helps
    Thank you,Yes I was thinking the same,Thanks for the advice. I'm going to make an appointment with my gp tomorrow. That should clarify the situation..

Not sure about the lower abdomen but I remember reading that one of the possible sides-effects of Minoxidil is a puffy face. I'm not saying that is the cause in your case so best to get checked to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by StuckInARut View Post
    Not sure about the lower abdomen but I remember reading that one of the possible sides-effects of Minoxidil is a puffy face. I'm not saying that is the cause in your case so best to get checked to be sure.
    I was just thinking that, I've definitely put weight on my face as two people has said it to me recently..It doesn't explain the abdomen though..I have had the odd minox side effect(headache)but only once or twice..Thanks for your input