+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Just thought I'd update this thread after a couple of weeks:

I've since been taking 0.25mg every day.

The numbness and lowered libido have been completely normal since my last post, those sides havent returned. I have had some intermittent testicle pain though, although it seems to have cleared up in the last few days.

I can't say I've noticed much of a change in shedding, I still find 15-20 hairs on my hand after I wash my hair.

When I'm completely sure that the testicle pain is gone, I'm gonna look to up the dose to 0.5mg.

I have to say that my mental state is a lot more stable these past couple of weeks (compared to pre-finasteride).

I was in a pretty bad state for a few months before starting fin, but now I feel slightly more at peace, because I know I'm doing all I can do for my hair.

Hi,
    Did your sides go away. I am getting concerned,since i also took it for two weeks(1 MG). Its been almost two months now and i have no sensitivity on my penis. i Have good libido and i am able to get an errection by stimulating my penis. No connection between my Brain and my penis. I had urethral pain and pain on pain on penis shaft,but these two things have reduced substantially in the previous week. can anyone advice me on how i should react to this. i dont know what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Rachet View Post
    Hi,
    Did your sides go away. I am getting concerned,since i also took it for two weeks(1 MG). Its been almost two months now and i have no sensitivity on my penis. i Have good libido and i am able to get an errection by stimulating my penis. No connection between my Brain and my penis. I had urethral pain and pain on pain on penis shaft,but these two things have reduced substantially in the previous week. can anyone advice me on how i should react to this. i dont know what to do.
    Hey man, for some reason I decided to go through the e-mail address that I used to register this account (I haven't used it in years) and I got a notification of your message. What are the chances.

With regards to sides, I've had none since the first few weeks I was on fin. I've been on fin since I started this thread with no issues (6 years) and my hair has stabilised at a Norwood 2.5. To the average person, it wouldn't appear that I had any hair loss.

One thing I would say about your situation is that try and avoid thinking about it too much. When I first experienced sides, I'm not even sure I was truly experiencing them. I read up a lot on potential sides before taking the drug and think I essentially brought the sides on by "expecting" to get them. I'm not saying the sides you are experiencing are in your head, but the power of suggestion can definitely make you think you have side effects when you don't actually have them.