+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Testicular pain is quite common. Most people lower the dosage and then head up nice and smoothly or wait it out and the pain goes away.

Not feeling your drunk can really mess with your head. It's really hard to tell what is a result of the mind due to all the hype on fin or what is really happening.

**junk (correction for the above comment)

So I took another 0.5mg dose today and it seems like the sides are starting to subside, I'm definitely feeling a lot more normal today.

I was planning on quitting after this dose, but now I'm not so sure.

Testament to the fragility of side effects right there.

I would never say "it's all in your head" to anyone for a number of reasons: 1.) I'm not a doctor, 2.) I don't know the person's background or they "feel", 3.) with what science background I do have, it would be asinine to ignore that drug like fin could affect sexual integrity.

I myself have even had mental blocks affect my ability to perform. Without going into unnecessary detail, it was due to the girl having been very recently broken up from one of my good friends. It's a shitty feeling. It's incredibly embarrassing. And, if I had been on a drug like finasteride when it happened, I would have been very tempted to attribute the failure to the drug and not my innate sexual appetite as a function of mental overrides. For the 2034812038th time, I'm not saying side effects don't exist. I'm simply saying: who wouldn't attribute to a drug instead of their poor sexual and/or mental strength?

DifferentLine,
    I really hope your sides go away like they did for me, Aames, and many others. And, I'm sorry if my length posts and abrasiveness tone. My peace of mind is so different since starting fin, and I hope you get to experience it as well. If you go looking for "side effects", you will almost certainly find some. Understand that going to propeciahelp is like citing wikipedia in a piece of scientific literature -- that's all I was every tying to get across.

Basically, +1 to what samdee said.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Testament to the fragility of side effects right there.

I would never say "it's all in your head" to anyone for a number of reasons: 1.) I'm not a doctor, 2.) I don't know the person's background or they "feel", 3.) with what science background I do have, it would be asinine to ignore that drug like fin could affect sexual integrity.

I myself have even had mental blocks affect my ability to perform. Without going into unnecessary detail, it was due to the girl having been very recently broken up from one of my good friends. It's a shitty feeling. It's incredibly embarrassing. And, if I had been on a drug like finasteride when it happened, I would have been very tempted to attribute the failure to the drug and not my innate sexual appetite as a function of mental overrides. For the 2034812038th time, I'm not saying side effects don't exist. I'm simply saying: who wouldn't attribute to a drug instead of their poor sexual and/or mental strength?
    I'm really starting to get aggravated with your posts BigThinker. I noticed every "Propecia caused me sides" thread that is created there you are with your Pro-Propecia rants. You claim that you would never say "it's all in your head" when referring to others and their negative experiences with Propecia, but that simply is FALSE. I have seen you countless times point your finger and claim sides from Propecia are all in ones mind. Give it a rest. I don't understand your need to continuously comment on Propecia related threads to defend that poison. 95% of your contributions to this forum rely solely on defending Propecia.

Your posts sicken me.
    Propecia causes sides- FACT
    Propecia sides can be permanent- FACT
    Propecia can effect your mental well-being- FACT

I can go on and on with more FACTS. Deal with it and move on.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    I'm really starting to get aggravated with your posts BigThinker. I noticed every "Propecia caused me sides" thread that is created there you are with your Pro-Propecia rants. You claim that you would never say "it's all in your head" when referring to others and their negative experiences with Propecia, but that simply is FALSE. I have seen you countless times point your finger and claim sides from Propecia are all in ones mind. Give it a rest. I don't understand your need to continuously comment on Propecia related threads to defend that poison. 95% of your contributions to this forum rely solely on defending Propecia.

Your posts sicken me.

I can go on and on with more FACTS. Deal with it and move on.
    BigThinker used to be just like you until he took fin and realized it isn't the great castration poison that idiots like you make it out to be.

Propecia doesn't cause side effects in most men- FACT
    Science has proven it to be reasonably safe- FACT
    Permanent sides are INCREDIBLY rare- FACT

Your stupid fear-mongering is probably causing many young souls to lose the fight against MPB and I cannot sit back and watch that happen. I seriously cannot stand people like you who got sides and want to watch the rest of the world burn due to your misfortune (which I truly feel bad about and I am sorry you suffered).

Sorry if I got heated, but man, we cannot stand by while people are losing hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    BigThinker used to be just like you until he took fin and realized it isn't the great castration poison that idiots like you make it out to be.

Propecia doesn't cause side effects in most men- FACT
    Science has proven it to be reasonably safe- FACT
    Permanent sides are INCREDIBLY rare- FACT

Your stupid fear-mongering is probably causing many young souls to lose the fight against MPB and I cannot sit back and watch that happen. I seriously cannot stand people like you who got sides and want to watch the rest of the world burn due to your misfortune (which I truly feel bad about and I am sorry you suffered).

Sorry if I got heated, but man, we cannot stand by while people are losing hair!
    Your post shows how ill-informed you are. I don't steer others from trying Propecia. I have always stated in any comments I make regarding anything Propecia related is understand the risk and make an informed decision. It's exactly what I did prior to starting Propecia myself.

You stated "Propecia doesn't cause side effects in most men." You are basing this off what? What Merck claims? The same company that now adds a list of possible side effects on it's label. You think that comment reassures others to try Propecia? It MAY not cause sides for you?? Wtf?!

"Science has proven it to be REASONABLY safe?" Hahaha!!! I want you to re-read the retarded comment you made. Again, that definitely would make somebody confident in starting the drug. Hence my sarcasm.

Permanent sides are INCREDIBLY rare? Again, who states they are rare? You? Have you done any research on the individuals suing Propecia? You think that's a game or joke to those that claim Propecia ruined their lives?

I don't want the rest of the world to burn you MORON. I have stated several times on this forum that just because I experienced sides that doesn't mean Jack across the street will. I am very consistent with my comments regarding Propecia. My issue is with BigThinker, where his posts clearly show quite the opposite. Do your research before attacking me you Neanderthal. Everything you stated is false. I hate morons like you that roam these forums.

OP at the end of the day it's your call to continue with Fin or not. If you feel that after 2-3 weeks usage you're still getting sides, perhaps it's a sign your body might not be accustomed with Fin.

But on the other hand if it's working and you feel more 'normal' then what is there to lose. My advice is to ignore all the advice you're given on this site and just do what you and your Doctor decide I know you come on here for the views of others, but at the end of the day you'll only get two answers which results in the anti/pro fin slanging match.

I think it's unfair to mock those who have sides, but then equally to attack those who don't.

I'm really starting to get aggravated with your posts BigThinker.
    Your posts sicken me.
    I'm going to continue to speak my mind on every finasteride related thread just to spite you. My experience is good, and I feel it's an injustice to not share my experience.

Don't think for a moment that I care if my words bother you or "aggravate" you. Really? You're getting aggravated on a hair loss forum? Grow a pair.

You stated "Propecia doesn't cause side effects in most men." You are basing this off what? What Merck claims? The same company that now adds a list of possible side effects on it's label. You think that comment reassures others to try Propecia? It MAY not cause sides for you?? Wtf?!

Haha. Wow. How uninformed and ignorant can you be? Then don't take fin. Go bald. No one cares, you fool. Anti-fin guys are allowed to go on tirades, babbling total non-sense, but as soon as someone says they are not having problems with fin they are considered uneducated, naive, and/or liars -- and if we dare provide empirical evidence.. heaven forbid!

Your posts sicken me.
    Any drug can cause those things. What's important is what rate it does so. Why don't you provide that in your factoid checklist? Oh yeah, because it would disprove your point. You're so pathetic, I can't even finish my lunch after reading your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Your stupid fear-mongering is probably causing many young souls to lose the fight against MPB and I cannot sit back and watch that happen.
    So, so true. I lost months I could have been on finasteride because of people fear-mongering. I went searching for the worst and I damn sure found it.

He's clearly trying to ruin fin for young guys who still have a shot at hair. He's afraid of NW7 being less prevalent than it is. Bitter, ugly soul. Tsk tsk.