+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    And, many of the posters offer wild, laughable claims such as that fin caused them to lose their job, lose their relationships, and landed them in their parents basements -- these stories are the ones that made the site lose all credibility to me.
    If a man completely loses his ability to perform sexually, it is very likely it will be significant strain on his relationships. If a man develops cognitive problems, it is very likely he will face a loss of productivity at work which could threaten his job security, especially if he is in a cognitively demanding role.

Both of these side effects have been reported to the FDA, now show up on the product's warning label, and have been reported by thousands of men to doctors and publicly on the internet. These men simply want their quality of life back and to hold the pharmaceutical manufacturer accountable for being extremely reactive and even combative when faced with facts that their product was harming men in ways that far exceeded any benefit their drug could provide.

The credibility that is called into question is either your sincerity or your humanity as you literally referred to the suffering and victimization of these men as laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by DifferentLine View Post
    The last dose I took was on Wednesday, and by Friday of this week I started to get testicle ache and found that my penis had lost a lot of sensitivity.

I'm just wondering if I should try and stick through these sides and hope that they subside, or should I get off the drug immediately?
    I suggest you stop the drug ASAP. I have read reports of men who have recovered from Propecia side effects and reports of men who have not. But I do not recall a single story of a man who recovered from loss of sensitivity and ability to feel aroused. It you still can achieve an erection at this point, considered yourself very lucky.

If after stopping the drug you find that you return to a complete baseline, feel free to reconsider whatever you want to risk. But if you stop for several months, find the sensation has not returned, do not allow yourself to think it is in your head or related to other causes and return to taking the drug. This is a common pattern for men who develop initially a mild form of post-finasteride syndrome and they end up doing significantly more damage to themselves by ignoring or denying the early warning signs.

Good luck

the guy puts up his thread at 8;53 am

Then by some AMAZING luck, the anti finasteride guru shows up a whopping 5 min later to warn him of the horrors and generously plug the stupid website again .

If I didnt know better, you would think they are both the same guy.

So then the original guy goes to the website and then comes back thanking God for the website of fear mongering and hopes he isnt permanently scarred by his 4 long days on the stuff.

What an amazing direct testimony to further enhance the EVILS of the dreaded finasteride.

UK couldnt have asked for a better 'witness' .

This thread was highly amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post

Then by some AMAZING luck, the anti finasteride guru shows up a whopping 5 min later to warn him of the horrors and generously plug the stupid website again .
    A lot of guys have had their lives stolen by this drug. I think it's pretty reasonable they would want to look out for the interests of others who may fall victim to the same trap. When they have almost no other outlets to deal with their problem, I think this is a very mature and helpful response.

Quote Originally Posted by drybone View Post

If I didnt know better, you would think they are both the same guy.

So then the original guy goes to the website and then comes back thanking God for the website of fear mongering and hopes he isnt permanently scarred by his 4 long days on the stuff.

What an amazing direct testimony to further enhance the EVILS of the dreaded finasteride.

UK couldnt have asked for a better 'witness' .

This thread was highly amusing.
    And I guess Chrisis has the same account as the OP (and me) given that he posted no more than 7 minutes after the thread began. Yeah, great insight bud.

I think I have too much DHT for fin to make a dent on my libido. I've been on 1.25mg for 4 years, and before that I was on and off Propecia 1mg for 6 months, then got off it for a couple of months and get back on it for 6 months.

But yeah, all it has done is slow down my formerly aggressive and rapid hair loss rate, which is okay, but by no means satisfying, just on the "better than nothing" category. No regrowth.

My sex drive is more than fine.

Inactive

I had the same side effects for the first week of my fin usage. They went away completely and I have since gone on to using dutasteride without them returning (once in a while, I do notice a "twinge" in my testicles though).

Also, millions have used finasteride, it has been extensively studied, and it has been on the market for decades. Propeciahelp has fewer than 3,000 members and who knows how many of those are suffering legitimate side effects and not psychosis.

[QUOTE=Aames;111710

Propeciahelp has fewer than 3,000 members and who knows how many of those are suffering legitimate side effects and not psychosis.[/QUOTE]

A speculative and biased extrapolation.

And as for being accused of some crusade to warn people about sides by drybone... How would I benefit from that?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    A speculative and biased extrapolation.

And as for being accused of some crusade to warn people about sides by drybone... How would I benefit from that?
    Even if all of them were legitimate, 3000 is a small number compared to millions. But you won't read any study that I show you, so it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Aames View Post
    Even if all of them were legitimate, 3000 is a small number compared to millions. But you won't read any study that I show you, so it really doesn't matter.
    You know nothing about those "millions", if it's even that many. Men are notorious for not talking about health matters, especially of a sexual nature. If those 3000 speak even on behalf of 100 each, then that's 300,000!

But as I've said, you extrapolate your own conclusion to suit your own bias, naively risking your health in pursuit of the impossible goal you're chasing. Good luck to you, but I won't allow this dangerous mentality to go unchallenged.