+ Reply to Thread

Default I won't lie I'm new to this!

Hey, guys!

So, I have absolutely NO idea what I'm looking for. Honestly I don't care that I'm balding, i very much embrace that! However, I am looking into some options for maybe preserving some hair i have. I looked into the big ones like MIN, what's your opinion on it? I was reading about Rogain and I'm not sure if it will work on my type of balding. Here is my hairline, i guess this is what they call "Male pattern baldness?"

Anyone with balding similar to mine us MIN? Feel free to share your story!

Honestly the fact that you don't care is awesome. In my opinion, if hair loss doesn't bother you, just buzz it off. At your level of hair loss, the very minimal benefits from treatments such as minoxidil aren't worth the potential side effects and hassle of putting it on every day.

If you were to take it, you might thicken up existing hair, but really the general pattern of your hair loss will remain the same.

Makes sense, I didn't know there was many side effects till I looked them up. Thanks for the advice though.

Minox is still considered a safe treatment compared to fin or others.
    As for benefits, if it works for you, it might thicken up your hair and help you keep what you have longer. Without any meds you might keep losing your existing hair till you end up nw6 or nw7, or you might just keep what you have, nobody can predict hair loss.
    But if you wanna treat your hair and still wanna do it the safe route, i believe minox and nizoral are the way to go.

What you want to make sure you do first is slow down/stop your hair loss with finasteride [Propecia], while also taking minoxidil or Rogaine. Otherwise if you only use Min/Rogaine then what the two users above me said is correct.

I know you said you do not care, but you care a little bit to actually sign up to a hair loss forum. I encourage you to take those two, minoxidil and finasteride. You sound like you don't want to fight it too much, so you really have nothing to lose. If you do not do anything about it, it'll get worse, and you're okay with it. If you do something about it, worst case is you probably slow it down, but I think you can regrow some hair.

Just buzz it and be done with it.