+ Reply to Thread

Default Need advice on DUPA

Hey guys,

27 y/o male here, have DUPA, first noticed balding at age 24.

I've been on fin for 2 years, minodoxil for almost 1 year, and nizoral for 2 years.

No matter what, i can't get DUPA to stop. It has significantly gotten worse, it's like nothing has had any affect. At best, the treatments may have slowed it down, but who knows?

The only thing i'm not sure about is the back of my head, i think i have maintained density, but i think it's just a matter of time... Sides and top and front are getting see-through-ish in bright light.

Has anybody any ideas??? Or am i just shit out of luck? If you have DUPA, please share your story with me if you've succeeeded in at laest slowing it down.

What the hell is DUPA ??

DUPA = diffuse unpatterned alopecia

How did you know that you have DUPA ? Some areas of my sides and back are also "see-through-ish" but i was told by 3 different doctors that i have a good donor area!
    I would suggest to go see some reputable HT doctors and let them evaluate your donor!
    And if it's confirmed that you have DUPA, then you are not a candidate for hair transplant..

I've been to a couple dermatologists, and they both claim i must have DUPA cause there is diffuse thinning all over on top and sides.

How is that you dont have DUPA? have your sides and back always been seen-through ish?

DUPA guys have it the worst. All these next exciting options for guys with regular balding, and no research being done to adress the 1% of us with DUPA. I mean i get it, why address such a small market?

What i wouldn't give to have normal balding patterns, with several options on the table. Hair transplants, fin, potentially histogen...

maybe they can use beardhair instead of scalp hair?

Can you post pics to help the other people who might have dupa? The lack of info on dupa is ridic.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldCat View Post
    Hey guys,

27 y/o male here, have DUPA, first noticed balding at age 24.

I've been on fin for 2 years, minodoxil for almost 1 year, and nizoral for 2 years.

No matter what, i can't get DUPA to stop. It has significantly gotten worse, it's like nothing has had any affect. At best, the treatments may have slowed it down, but who knows?

The only thing i'm not sure about is the back of my head, i think i have maintained density, but i think it's just a matter of time... Sides and top and front are getting see-through-ish in bright light.

Has anybody any ideas??? Or am i just shit out of luck? If you have DUPA, please share your story with me if you've succeeeded in at laest slowing it down.
    Use dutasteride