+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kirkland Liquid

Default Kirkland Liquid

Has anyone used Kirkland Liquid Minoxidil?

I'm considering using it once a day (at night), along with Rogaine Foam once in the daytime. It's a cost thing really - the Kirkland liquid is 1/3 the price of Rogain Foam!

Is it okay to mix these two meds like this?

Many thanks.

I use Walmart's generic "Equate" brand of women's liquid Minoxidil in the evening and then Rogaine foam every other morning. Mixing them has not been a problem and using the generic does save money.

The only thing with generic liquid Minoxidil is that some people report flaking with different brands. Some generic brands work fine for some people while other generic brands work better for others. So don't stock up on one generic brand until you know which generic brand is going to work best for you.

It's okay to use them both like you are planning to.

I would suggest to use Kirklands Monoxidil Foam. You say it's a cost thing, so I suggest you go with Kirkland's foam altogether, drop Rogaine and Kirkland liquid.

MonsterHotDeals [Found on Amazon and EBay] is a very reputable seller which sells 12 month supply of Kirkland's minoxidil foam for $123 [Amazon], or 6 month supp for $60 [EBay]. When I used to buy minoxidil, I bought it from them and they are legit. They are a Top Rated Plus on ebay, and 4.7 stars [out of 5] out of almost 2,000 reviews on Amazon. Not trying to push them or anything, I used to buy from them and recommend them.

If you don't buy from them, go with Kirkland's foam anyway, it should be significantly cheaper than Rogaine no matter where you buy them but I don't think you'll find better prices than the aforementioned seller.

Thanks guys.

The reason I'm asking about liquid in particular is that I think I will get better absorption in my scalp than with foam. I have longish hair, not really long, but I get the feeling I'm wasting a lot of foam, because it gets stuck in my hair rather than reaching my scalp. I think liquid might work better for this, but I'm guessing it'll make my hair look pretty wet and terrible (hence the only using it at night idea).

So there's really no difference between kirkland foam and rogaine foam?

Quote Originally Posted by jackk View Post
    So there's really no difference between kirkland foam and rogaine foam?
    That active ingredient is what's important. The carries do not matter unless you have an allergic reaction to one over another.

There was an ingredient, can't remember right now, on Kirklands liquid min that would dry up my scalp pretty bad and it would itch real bad so I had to stop using it. I think it's propylene glycol or something like that, I might be confusing it with something else in the ingredient. But whatever it was, all I Remember is that Rogaine foam did not have this ingredient, therefore Rogaine did not make my head itch. If Kirklands foam has the exact same ingredients as Rogaine, nothing added or taken away, then it's definitely worth getting it over Rogaine IMO.

Many thanks to both of you - that's all useful info.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    It's okay to use them both like you are planning to.

I would suggest to use Kirklands Monoxidil Foam. You say it's a cost thing, so I suggest you go with Kirkland's foam altogether, drop Rogaine and Kirkland liquid.

MonsterHotDeals [Found on Amazon and EBay] is a very reputable seller which sells 12 month supply of Kirkland's minoxidil foam for $123 [Amazon], or 6 month supp for $60 [EBay]. When I used to buy minoxidil, I bought it from them and they are legit. They are a Top Rated Plus on ebay, and 4.7 stars [out of 5] out of almost 2,000 reviews on Amazon. Not trying to push them or anything, I used to buy from them and recommend them.

If you don't buy from them, go with Kirkland's foam anyway, it should be significantly cheaper than Rogaine no matter where you buy them but I don't think you'll find better prices than the aforementioned seller.
    I used to use walmart, but they got too high. I only buy from Amazon and have used Mosterhotdeals (one of their vendors) several times, sometimes Amazon direct. But the liquid is SO much cheaper....6 months anywhere from $22 to about $30 on Amazon. Last 2 times about $27.

Yes it is messy so I only use it at night.