+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Honestly, what is so wrong with going bald???

I'm a full Norwood 6 slick bald. It is emotionally painful, but I have to ask,

What is so wrong with going bald???

I mean these guys handled it well:
    https://sites.google.com/site/theseb...narebeautiful/

Quote Originally Posted by FlightTL View Post
    I'm a full Norwood 6 slick bald. It is emotionally painful, but I have to ask,

I mean these guys handled it well:
    https://sites.google.com/site/theseb...narebeautiful/
    I agree, sometimes people over-exaggerate things. You may lose 1 or 2 points by being bald, but its not a very drastic change. You can still look handsome with it.

If you are fine with it, all power to you. Whilst I recognise that there are those who look good with it, please don't expect a positive reaction to that rallying cry.

For me it's a matter of two things, and they're intertwined:
    1.) having hair gives me an edge over guys without hair, as far as looks are concerned. Also, I have weird shaped head. So it would be extra negative for me to go bald
    2.) most girls my age (25) prefer guys with hair to guys without hair -- generally speaking of course. If most girls prefer their guy to have hair, then I prefer to have hair. Similar to how we guys have preferences/expectations of girls in order to be interested.

I have no shame in being superficial and wanting to look my best, and I expect that in girls that interest me. It sucks that that is how the world works, but I'm willing to roll with the punches.

Inactive

It forever lowers your beauty. And, please, stop posting Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, etc. as examples of men rocking a shaved head. These people have millions of dollars and incredibly high status. Even if you were to look exactly like them, women would not pine after you as they do them. The average person needs every edge they can get, and hair is a huge one.

If you can accept it and move with your life, there is nothing wrong with it at all. There should be no reason for any man to feel he absolutely must do something about it if it does not bother him to be bald. Millions of men have gone bald for thousands of years and they turned out just fine. In reality, most men do not want to be bothered with doing anything about their hair loss and they simply accept it and move on with their lives.

Balding is only a problem if a man cannot deal with it emotionally. If he is not equipped to deal with it, there is absolutely nothing wrong with him doing something about it if he wants to.

I think most men hate going bald because they simply know that they look much better with a full head of hair. That's the simple answer. I agree with baldozer that sometimes people tend to over-exaggerate things. I mean, it seems like half of the people on here; most people would not even notice that they were losing their hair to begin with. Tracy, I disagree that most men simply do not want to be bothered with treating their hair loss. Quite the opposite. I think that most men are just completely dissatisfied with today's limited and major-invasive options for treating their hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    I think that most men are just completely dissatisfied with today's limited and major-invasive options for treating their hair loss.
    I totally agree with you. Oral drugs are always a risk to your health. If you are taking them for treating fatal diseases like diabetes or hypertension, its understandable (even in those cases I would first try to control them by exercise and diet before taking oral drugs), but risking your health for hair, men like me won't do it. Imagine, if you get insomnia as a side effect, what a nightmare that would be! I would take sound sleep and health any day over hair!

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Imagine, if you get insomnia as a side effect, what a nightmare that would be!
    No pun intended!

----------
    On a serious note, I knew a guy in high school who started loosing it the same time i did. Difference between him and me. He didn't let hair loss bother him. The moment he hit Norwood 3, he started clipping it all off, and has led a successful and happy life.

I agree with Tracy that if you genuinely don't care, there is nothing innately wrong with being bald. I do disagree that it's strictly "emotional" , and that guys who don't want to lose their hair are suffering from emotional instability -- I'm assuming that's what she's insinuating, but I'll let her define if she wishes. I think it permeates all facets of health, even physical (the itch is annoying as all hell). One could even argue it permeates physical health because of how some women view it as sickly and undesirable genetically. It's a mental health thing for me (if that's separable from emotional health anyways). I feel good when I look good. I feed off the feeling of catching womens' eyes. I feed off the feeling of being able to look a girl in the eyes with pure confidence and throw a smirk. I just don't see that same mental fortitude and confidence without hair -- who knows until I'm actually bald though.

Like DPH said, "I think most men hate going bald because they simply know that they look much better with a full head of hair. That's the simple answer." That's it in a nutshell. I want to look my best, especially since I'm in the physical prime of my life. I refuse to not combat hair loss. I've known the feeling of having a girl think your hair is thick and handsome, and it sucks to lose it. I've heard girls literally say my roommate's hair is so thick with charm in their voice, and it kills to not have that little piece of aesthetics anymore. Hair matters. To what degree it matters varies between social scene, culture, and individual preference.

Regarding what Aames said, +1. I agree fully. I won't look like Jason Statham or Vin Diesel bald, so it's asinine to sugarcoat hair loss by presenting those anomalous examples