+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I agree with Tracy that if you genuinely don't care, there is nothing innately wrong with being bald. I do disagree that it's strictly "emotional" , and that guys who don't want to lose their hair are suffering from emotional instability -- I'm assuming that's what she's insinuating, but I'll let her define if she wishes. I think it permeates all facets of health, even physical (the itch is annoying as all hell). One could even argue it permeates physical health because of how some women view it as sickly and undesirable genetically. It's a mental health thing for me (if that's separable from emotional health anyways). I feel good when I look good. I feed off the feeling of catching womens' eyes. I feed off the feeling of being able to look a girl in the eyes with pure confidence and throw a smirk. I just don't see that same mental fortitude and confidence without hair -- who knows until I'm actually bald though.

Like DPH said, "I think most men hate going bald because they simply know that they look much better with a full head of hair. That's the simple answer." That's it in a nutshell. I want to look my best, especially since I'm in the physical prime of my life. I refuse to not combat hair loss. I've known the feeling of having a girl think your hair is thick and handsome, and it sucks to lose it. I've heard girls literally say my roommate's hair is so thick with charm in their voice, and it kills to not have that little piece of aesthetics anymore. Hair matters. To what degree it matters varies between social scene, culture, and individual preference.

Regarding what Aames said, +1. I agree fully. I won't look like Jason Statham or Vin Diesel bald, so it's asinine to sugarcoat hair loss by presenting those anomalous examples
    I get stares from women even though I'm bald, but recently I had been walking around with a beanie hat, because I am visiting a place where the whether is cold, and guess what, I was getting a lot of stares from girls, feels good man !

Sometimes I wonder, why the solution for baldness is not just simply putting some kind of a hat on. The only important thing is the hairline. Why baldness is such a big deal, I don't understand, when it can be so easily hidden. At least, its not like fat or short, which can't be hidden. OK, if you are short, you can wear lifts, but your proportions would still look small, but a bald man can easily create an artificial hairline with a hat. You can see some rock singers donning a cap all the time, such as the singers from AC/DC and Scorpions.

I don't doubt that. Being 25 though, it's fun being the young dude at work with smooth skin, naturally agreeable build, thick hair (previously), sense of fashion, overall good looks. I was ugly, skinny, and far less fashionable until age 22/23. Not going back.

I do agree that it won't be impossible to continue catching glances and maintaining confidence without hair, but it'll be a considerable and undesirable buffer to the penetration of my looks and overall presentation.

Most care about hairloss because of society and thinking women/men wont find them attractive yes maybe you do look better with hair but still i bet if bald became the new fashion most would drop their wigs pills etc in a heart beat...people these days just care way to much about what others think some women/men like bald people and some dont beauty is in the eye off the beholder its that simple...you shouldnt look like anything for anyone you should look how YOU want to look...if you want hair cause you generally want hair then by all means do what you can to get it back but if you are doing it to please the opposite sex etc then......

I have seen time and time again people talking about MPB and I have yet to hear anything good about it. Every guy I know balding is not real happy with it so I dont know analyze that how you will. Hair is certainly a desirable thing to have and makes you look younger if your hair is exceptional for your age. justin beiber is the classic example of what girls want and even older girls still prefer that its just most guys have lost a lot hair as they age. Like the dumb doctors telling people to get a mature hairline and its just normal. Not really everyone has that I know many men that dont so if your balding its just a disadvantage on top of any others you have. Most people have flaws and MPB is just one more for the pile

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    I have seen time and time again people talking about MPB and I have yet to hear anything good about it. Every guy I know balding is not real happy with it so I dont know analyze that how you will. Hair is certainly a desirable thing to have and makes you look younger if your hair is exceptional for your age. justin beiber is the classic example of what girls want and even older girls still prefer that its just most guys have lost a lot hair as they age. Like the dumb doctors telling people to get a mature hairline and its just normal. Not really everyone has that I know many men that dont so if your balding its just a disadvantage on top of any others you have. Most people have flaws and MPB is just one more for the pile

Ok, but why is that baldness is much more prevalent amongst caucasian race, which is the best looking and smartest race. You wont find bald men amongst ugly south indians for example.It seems to affect good looking people more.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I'm assuming that's what she's insinuating, but I'll let her define if she wishes.
    That is NOT what I am insinuating.

No matter hat I say, you guys insist on taking anything and everything I say in a negative way. I give up on you guys. You are hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by baldozer View Post
    Ok, but why is that baldness is much more prevalent amongst caucasian race, which is the best looking and smartest race. You wont find bald men amongst ugly south indians for example.It seems to affect good looking people more.
    Just genes why do caucasians have different gene pools then south indians? I dont know if anyone knows that answer you might have to go back thousands of years and look at population migrations and geographic areas where they lived. It might be people on different continents or from different ethnicity just have different gene pools because they tend to reproduce with others of the same race so generally more people of that race happen to get those genes such as lack of MPB genes. There are always exceptions I see baldness in men from all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    That is NOT what I am insinuating.

No matter hat I say, you guys insist on taking anything and everything I say in a negative way. I give up on you guys. You are hopeless.
    Because I cautiously and defensively said I couldn't speak on your behalf, explicitly said I was reading into your words, and opened the opportunity to expand on your limited and mildly misleading statement? How inconsiderate of me.

Honestly, I could say "have a nice day" and you guys would not only interpret it as a negative - but you would take in the most negative way possible. There is no point in trying anymore.

Baldness sucks period. Why is there like a thread everyday saying why do we hate being bald? The fact you are thinking of it means you hate it.