+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question i think i'm finally ready to start fin

Hey guys.

I've been reading this forum for a while and have been doing alot of research.
    i think its time, what do you guys think? as you can see in the pictures my hair is receding at the front dramatically- not just at the temples but in the middle, too. The rest of my hair seems pretty thick.

will 'the big 3' help hair grow at the front? or is it more of a success on the crown?.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4354.jpg

Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	19994   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4346.jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	19995   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4350.jpg

Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	19996   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4349.jpg

Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	19997  

Oh and btw I'm 22 and have been receeding now about 2 or 3 years

I think you're making the right decision. It's early on -- I can see the little bit of crown balding and the hair line is shot.

You probably won't get your hairline back, but hopefully you'll maintain what you have now and have the crown fill it. That's all I want out of fin myself. You've got enough hair to get by and live day-to-day not worrying about it.

Good luck man. Let us know how it goes with you, or if you have any questions. I was a bit intimidated to pop my first pill, but I'm 1 month in and am very thankful I didn't wait any longer than I did. (25 y/o btw)

Best regards.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

I have been on fin for 8 months ish and I think I made the right choice. I cant even imagine what my hair would be like right now without it. Im turning 24 next month so i started fin in my early 23. Oh yeah and for me it thickened and preserved the hair i had. It did nothing on the haiine though sadly to say. I hope you all the best.

Default Good Idea

I don't know if I would say that your front is "shot."

I think overall your hair looks way better than it will a year from now if you DON'T start Propecia.

I think you'll maintain a pretty decent head of hair though if you get on it now.

Cheers for the reply fellas.. I haven't got a girlfriend so not having frequent sex. Is this a bad thing when starting propecia as a healthy sex life would put the mind to rest straight away in that department.

Is there anything else better known for frontal loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Proper View Post
    I have been on fin for 8 months ish and I think I made the right choice. I cant even imagine what my hair would be like right now without it. Im turning 24 next month so i started fin in my early 23. Oh yeah and for me it thickened and preserved the hair i had. It did nothing on the haiine though sadly to say. I hope you all the best.

Thanks man....its not great going in the twenties is it? You feeling much better than you did 8 months go?

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    I think you're making the right decision. It's early on -- I can see the little bit of crown balding and the hair line is shot.

You probably won't get your hairline back, but hopefully you'll maintain what you have now and have the crown fill it. That's all I want out of fin myself. You've got enough hair to get by and live day-to-day not worrying about it.

Good luck man. Let us know how it goes with you, or if you have any questions. I was a bit intimidated to pop my first pill, but I'm 1 month in and am very thankful I didn't wait any longer than I did. (25 y/o btw)

Best regards.

Thanks mate. Yeah I'll put some pictures up when I'm a few months in. Still really nervous about it. You noticed any difference so far? Any sides?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by sam90 View Post
    Cheers for the reply fellas.. I haven't got a girlfriend so not having frequent sex. Is this a bad thing when starting propecia as a healthy sex life would put the mind to rest straight away in that department.

Is there anything else better known for frontal loss?
    Anecdotally, it seems that dutasteride has a higher chance of hairline regrowth. But, with it comes a higher risk of side effects (probably) and less data about long-term safety.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Quote Originally Posted by sam90 View Post
    Thanks man....its not great going in the twenties is it? You feeling much better than you did 8 months go?
    Oh yeah. Most definately. I started at a nw2 with some diffuse thinning all over. My hair started becoming flat when it was natural. Now with fin in the regime, my hair stands when natural again (not as it used to) but enough so that it looks like I am not thinning at all and my scalp isn't visible anymore. My gf is a hair stylist and she cuts my hair, i usually get a fade but with the top longer and she use to say my hairloss was really bad and that she still love me if I was bald to now saying it looks like I have no hairloss at all. She even asked her colleagues before and they use to recommend me nioxin and stuff which i never used. Now everyone is saying that my hair looks healthy and how it was prob due to stress. No one knows im on fin but my gf and now shes always making fun of me about my recent minox usage saying it reminds her of a vegetable being fertilized aha