+ Reply to Thread

Default 21, should I start finasteride

So, I'm 21, and have been using minoxidil strictly for two years after some alarming, rapid frontal hair loss at 18. I've also used ketoconazole, but apparently incorrectly (until last month I would immediately rinse after lathering, and went long times without it). It's worked pretty well, I think; I'm still a clear NW 2-2.5 but my hairline's more or less stayed put, and may have actually inched forward. The thing is, the density might be getting worse, so I'd like to try finasteride. But the sides freak me out, as do the price and the shed, and as soon as I have the funds, I'm going to get an HT. Basically what I'm afraid of is that I might ruin my sex drive while wasting a ton of money and making myself shed visibly (I'm a stage actor, and suddenly going bald would be a disaster).

So, should I? Does being on minoxidil and ketoconazole when you start therapy reduce the risk of shedding? I was terrified by the rogaine shed, and noticed nothing, but I'm still nervous.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

Im 23 been on fin for 8 months, no sides. It thickened my hair up a lot. I recently start minox about 2 weeks ago.

While on fin, I do notice maybe semen is a bit watery but other than that, I still function normally. My gf is happy so to speak, aha. If you got other questions, ill be glad to answer to the best of my ability and from my own experiences.

I know how extremely irritating this shit is. I gotta maintain and keep my hair nice now and cant risk losing the hair i have at this age. Cant look like a pedophile at the bars n clubs.

Anyways hope all is well and whatever you decide, just remember to take a deep breath and take it one step at a time. Take it and dont look back and dont look at your hair progress everyday. If you dont experience the sides, you are good to go and before you know it by the 5-6 month mark give or take a month or two, your hair should improve.

Ultimately it is up to you whether you want to try Finasteride or not. It is your best chance to slow down or possibly even halt your hairloss for the time being.

It is not expensive at all if you buy generic the 5mg generic proscar version and carefully cut it into fourths or fifths. Best thing to do is to acknowledge the pros and cons. If you feel you don't want to take the risk of using Finasteride than so be it.

If you do decide to give it a try, go into it with a positive mind and try not to focus on too much negative. The sides are very real for some men but the mind can also be a powerful tool. Good luck whith whatever you decide.

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to start it. My testosterone levels are fairly high, and I work out regularly, so I hope that keeps me perfectly virile. And I don't plan to stay on this my whole life; once I have my degree and am working, I'll get an operation, and that'll be it. I don't mind if I thin out when I'm married at 40 anyway, I just don't want to go bald before my time.