+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

yea zero chance of becoming a NW1 from nw2.5 with todays medicine, however a small percentage of people experience some regrowth. Personally, I dont understand how people can tell regrowth vs thickening of existing hair, but thats on them. Expect no regrowth, and be pleasantly suprised if it happens, but not disappointed if it doesnt.

big 3 are your best chance for years to come, so might as well give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcoffee View Post
    yea zero chance of becoming a NW1 from nw2.5 with todays medicine, however a small percentage of people experience some regrowth. Personally, I dont understand how people can tell regrowth vs thickening of existing hair, but thats on them. Expect no regrowth, and be pleasantly suprised if it happens, but not disappointed if it doesnt.

big 3 are your best chance for years to come, so might as well give it a go.
    What do you mean by tell regrowth from thickening? Are you suggesting that thickening can make a hairline at the temples look a bit more intact (as a result of using the big 3).

Doubtful, but possible. By the time you notice your hairloss, you've probably lost fair density and receded in areas you won't get back.

What he's saying is be happy to keep what hair you have now, if you even do that. If you get a little regrowth, be pleasantly surprised. That's why we're all saying get after it, if you're going to at all.

It was 6-8 months after I first noticed my hair loss that I acted on it. My hair is way worse than it was then, and I doubt I'll get back there. That's fine. I just want to keep what I had when I started fin, and that is to be determined.

Keep your expectations realistic. Don't procrastinate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Doubtful, but possible. By the time you notice your hairloss, you've probably lost fair density and receded in areas you won't get back.

What he's saying is be happy to keep what hair you have now, if you even do that. If you get a little regrowth, be pleasantly surprised. That's why we're all saying get after it, if you're going to at all.

It was 6-8 months after I first noticed my hair loss that I acted on it. My hair is way worse than it was then, and I doubt I'll get back there. That's fine. I just want to keep what I had when I started fin, and that is to be determined.

Keep your expectations realistic. Don't procrastinate.
    Ok. But is it possible to actually go from a NW 2.5 - 2.75 let's say down to a NW 2.25, or even a NW2 using the Big 3? Say when hair is recovered in other regions and/ or thickened.

Possible, but not probable.

Current treatments are primitive at best. Better then nothing? Sure but your not regrowing anything cosmetically significant with what we have. Arguably propecia is the only real treatment to keep hair that is why everyone talks about it because we have nothing else.
    If someday we get something better like CB 03 01 that is safe I would say researchers can turn to other diseases because we will be able to at least prevent MPB safely a big step forward that will be alone.