+ Reply to Thread

Default 18 year old with rapid hair loss

HI am an 18 year old with a lot of hair loss and a receding hairline getting progressively worse. Its definately mpb as there is no hair growing back and im noticing miniaturizing hairs but what I dont get is how I am susceptible to the condition. My Dad is 53 and has a bald spot on the back of his head which has only developed over the last 6 or 7 years, Likewise with both my dads brothers who are 4-5 yrs older. My paternal grandfather died at the age of 77 with a full head of hair. My maternal Grandffather ins nearly 70 and also still has a full head of hair as do both of my mams brothers. None of my maternal or paternal cousins are bald or balding either so I am quite puzzled by it all. I bought Regaine 5% Liquid 2 weeks ago and I still havent plucked up the courage to use it

Also to add, the state of my hair is very similar to this if not slightly worse..........http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/album.p...pictureid=3749

You can use that regaine, but usually, regaine is for the back of the head. With frontal areas is not so friendly, this means that normally it has no effect on frontal areas. you can use also nizoral shampoo and you can also try some MSM to promote the hair.

Just looked at the pic -- didn't read the bio.

Get on finasteride.

Good luck.

Baldness comes from both sides of the family, it is a misconception that it is inherited only from the mothers side. You can try the Minoxidil as it should help with some regrowth. While it isn't advertised as such you can use it on the frontal regions, although, it may not be as successful as it would be on the crown. Read up on Finasteride and decide if it is right for you. Just try to be objective and not get caught up in all the horror stories regarding the side-effects. I lost 8 months because I let all the negative reviews get into my head. Side-effects are real just as they are for any drug you can take but not everyone will experience them.