+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What am I on the norwood scale?

Hello, I'm 20 years old and I would like to know what am I on the norwood scale.

It seems like I have less frontal hair compare to guys my age, my bangs can't cover forehead and it just looks so thin whenever I attempt to move or wind blows ( I currently try to hide my forehead by borrowing hairs from one side). But I always had really thin frontal hair since middle school, browsing through my old pics. IDK, if MPB started at that young of age.

Also, it would be great if you guys can recommend me a medium/long hairstyle for frontal hair loss that can possibly hide my big forehead.

The pictures are not too clear but from what I can see, you are NW -7. That's negative 7. Meaning you're not even at NW0 yet.

But like I said, the pictures aren't too clear.

But if you signed up here it's because you feel you've lost some hair?

I've been in that position before, when I first started balding, everyone thought I was just paranoid. It's something that when it starts, only you notice it because you're so used to seeing yourself in the mirror everyday, you'll immediately notice any slight change in the appearance of your hairline.

Looks like a little recession in the hairline, nothing too bad, about where I was at your age. Crown looks fine. What I've done forever is just grown my hair medium-long and kinda swept it across my forehead from right to left (obviously you could go left to right too, just a preference). Gives the illusion of thicker hair and completely hides the hairline. When it gets longer too you can kind of part the bangs with your fingers at the right side, always get compliments with that look and again the bangs hide the hairline. The thing you just can't get away with is brushing the bangs straight forward. Google "side swept hair men" for some ideas. Your loss isn't bad, with available treatments you should be able to keep most of your hair for the next several years. I was about your age when I got on Propecia and I have only now started to lose ground because I had to quit Propecia after 7 years. Good luck.

Inactive

I would say around a NW2.

Nw 7. Consider a transplant.

Are people here serious?

I don't understand why my frontal hair is so thin if I am not suffering from frontal hair loss.

Here are better pics of my hairline which I think believe is in the norwood 3.

You have mental problems! You literally suffer from the condition body dismorphic syndrome.

Get out and enjoy your life, if I had anywhere near a hairline like that I would consider myself cured.

Leave the baldness forums to the chrome domes, who can actually test any new chemicals instead of people like you who declare promising substances as rubbish, because it isn't making you grow hair where you never had it to begin with.

Agreed.. some people on here need anti anxiety meds rather than fin

Wtf, your hair looks intact and maybe I'm not looking close enough here - but to me you don't seem to be showing any signs of MPB.