+ Reply to Thread

Default Best Facial Creams/Lotions to Combat Minox Sides?

Hi guys,

I've decided to give Rogaine foam one last shot. Can't take Fin because of gynecomastia. Waiting for PayPal to clear my deposit so I can purchase Keratene capsules as a DHT blocker. I was on Capillogain but it has some sort of caffeine stimulant in it that was giving me headaches during the day and keeping me up all night. So, Minox it is... and if that fails I'll just give up and get a HT in a year or so.

I've tried Rogaine foam once before for a week or two, but backed off when I thought I'd noticed facial bloating, and definitely noticed dark circles under my eyes and a generally weariness to my face. This is routinely complained of around the internet, including this forum, so I don't think I was just seeing stuff that had already been there.

This time around, I'm going to apply it once a day, right after I get off work, then shower it off right before I go to bed (they say it needs to be left on at least 4 hours before showering). I'm desperate to recover the hair I've lost since going off Fin about a year ago. If I can just recover that hair and then maintain a NW2 with a slightly thinned crown until 2015/2016 I will have no complaints.

The problem is I'm still worried about the facial sides. It does me no good to keep my hair and age my face, and if I had to choose I'd kiss my hair goodbye before looking like I'm 40 with a decent head of hair. I was wondering if anybody out there is making an effort to prevent facial aging and circles under eyes via creams or lotions, and if so, what stuff are you all using?

As always, thanks for any help.

The facial bloating is water retention which can be combatted by lowering your intake of complex carbs and sodium. You should also drink a lot of water to flush your system. No lotion will help this, just diet. I think Minoxidil makes some people more prone to water retention. Very simple thing to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by J_B_Davis View Post
    The facial bloating is water retention which can be combatted by lowering your intake of complex carbs and sodium. You should also drink a lot of water to flush your system. No lotion will help this, just diet. I think Minoxidil makes some people more prone to water retention. Very simple thing to fix.
    Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind with regard to the bloating. But what about the raccoon eyes? Essentially, from what I've read, it ****s with the collagen in your face, aging it. Read plenty of accounts of both men and women getting comments like "did you get into a fight?," "you look tired," "have you been sleeping?" etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    The problem is I'm still worried about the facial sides.
    These possible side effects are so rare they are just barely worth mentioning. If they truly were common, women would not touch the stuff.

Just take reasonable care of your skin. Keep it clean using cotton balls soaked with a good astringent such as witch hazel, especially after you shave. Don't use after shave. Use after sun lotion that has Aloe Vera gel in it instead. When out in the sun, use an appropriate facial sun screen for your skin type.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    These possible side effects are so rare they are just barely worth mentioning. If they truly were common, women would not touch the stuff.

Just take reasonable care of your skin. Keep it clean using cotton balls soaked with a good astringent such as witch hazel, especially after you shave. Don't use after shave. Use after sun lotion that has Aloe Vera gel in it instead. When out in the sun, use an appropriate facial sun screen for your skin type.
    Tracy, believe me they are not rare. Alot of women truly do not touch the stuff. I work in pharmacy down here in australia and there are people coming back complaining about these symptoms all the time and we tell them to get off the stuff as they are obviously hypersensitive.

Anyway there is literally nothing you can do if your getting these sides, its a sure sign that your body is telling you to stop. I have had these issues myself.. i tried lower dosages and got the same result. Up to you mate, you want to play around with your cardiovascular system and look like shit or grow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post

Eh, not so sure. Definitely could tell a difference last summer when I used Kirkland's 5% foam for a few weeks. Looked like a zombie. Everything cleared up when I stopped.

I've decided to give Rogaine foam a chance. Once a day on the hairline and crown. I took pictures this time to make sure it's not in my head. I'm on day 3 and so far so good, however I've also been using some cream under my eyes, and I plan to purchase the best-reviewed cream on Amazon.

I'll try the witch hazel thing, never heard of that.

Quote Originally Posted by pafc66 View Post
    Tracy, believe me they are not rare. Alot of women truly do not touch the stuff. I work in pharmacy down here in australia and there are people coming back complaining about these symptoms all the time and we tell them to get off the stuff as they are obviously hypersensitive.

Anyway there is literally nothing you can do if your getting these sides, its a sure sign that your body is telling you to stop. I have had these issues myself.. i tried lower dosages and got the same result. Up to you mate, you want to play around with your cardiovascular system and look like shit or grow hair.
    Yeah I agree with this. No way it's that rare people don't just happen to all get the same strange side effect by chance.

I'm currently experimenting with the doses, only taking it once a day and washing it out after about 6 hours. So far seems ok, and I think anti aging creams will help. But I'll definitely get off it if I notice things getting worse.